effilang

Sexual Attraction and Stretching by Meditation

Drew-san and everyone else : ),

Do you have any theories on why Jing makes you a chic magnet?

It is truly perplexing to me.

The more i meditate the more girls can't resist me. Why does this happen?

I walk into a room and every girl starts flirting with me, they are literally drawn to me like a magnet.

Big ones fat ones, chubby ones, sexy ones, amazing ones.

I sit down on a table and before i know it every girl in the room is sitting at my table trying to take turns to talk to me and flirt with me.

And i mean in an absolutely shameless way, they don't care who is watching or listening, they will queue up and wait in line with a number.

I am very used to women and this sort of pack behavior is something entirely new to me. It is almost like they are under a spell?

What is the energetic theory behind this attraction? Any hypotheses? Is there an exchange going on?

Also i have noticed that when i am in a room full of women i feel more love in the middle dan tien, but when a man comes into the room all the action goes to my lower dan tien and sexual center. Is he de-converting my Qi to Jing?

Why do only males have this effect on my lower center while women have a more prominent effect on my heart center?

Are women more naturally MDT centered than LDT? - I feel like i have to cross my legs when a man comes into the room because my lower center feels like its being sucked or drained.

Second question:

I have noticed that there is two ways i can stretch:

1: Normal physical stretching of the muscular system, after which i can perform extreme bends and splits and so on.

2: Only meditation ie: for an hour. And the effect? - I can do the same extreme bends and splits as if having done 30 mins of physical stretching. I can jump right into full lotus, bend into a pretzel and all that good stuff. In fact i dare say meditation is more effective O_O.

How if in anyway does Qi / Jing act on the muscle and tendon system to help stretching and flexibility, without actually physically stretching the tissues?

I'd like to hear theories from everyone who has an opinion : )

Excuse my grammar and writing. I can't write after i meditate : \

• Like 1

Don't lose the forest for the trees. It's very simple here. Girls like you. Meditating in your manner makes you more approachable and it also makes others want to share in your being. That's all there is to it.

If you have a very pleasant being that people want to share, but you seem lofty and remote, or perhaps you've been doing wrathful meditations for the last month, people won't be hitting on you as much. Another example of someone not approachable is someone who is ready and prepared to be very judgmental and critical without any sense of measure. People can sense that too. They call it "uptight."

If you are open and approachable, and yet your inner being is turbulent or depressed, people will naturally not want to bask in your being. :) Don't you see this?

It's not something like chi or jing. Your face betrays you. It's how you comport yourself. It's how you sit and how you walk. People may not consciously notice anything special, but their subconscious mind will notice everything.

I'm not saying anything about chi or jing here. I am just saying you really don't need to resort to any overly exotic explanations. Or maybe I am wrong.

Maybe you are actually unapproachable and turbulent and yet despite all this all the chicks still want to talk to you just because your chi drives them crazy, even though talking to you hurts their being and feels bad, they just can't resist your chi. Do let me know.

• Like 1

I'm with 'goldisheavy' here.

Nothing to do with Chi at all, its more material and superficial than that.

Am I being too judgmental and critical?

In my experience, it does have to do with energies. And it's powerful. Jing? Qi? I don't know.

Whatever energies they are, impact the look on our face, the way we carry ourselves, etc...yes...but I don't think having a certain look about you is what causes the attraction.

It's the chemical/physiological/magnetic/whatever else that causes it.

Don't lose the forest for the trees. It's very simple here. Girls like you. Meditating in your manner makes you more approachable and it also makes others want to share in your being. That's all there is to it.

It's not that Gold. I've had enough experience with women in my life to know the difference, and i am very good at catching subtleties.

I have been meditating in solitude for the past year and now that i am out and among women i can tell there is a very noticeable difference in their attraction to me. They are literally lining up and fighting over me and i have no interest in it whatsoever. It does not even boost my ego; every time it happens the only thing that grows is my curiosity to know how it works, so i can learn more about myself.

The attraction simply does not make logical sense to me, there must be something more to it and i'm thinking it has to do with increased Jing.

Like i said, when i sit in a room now with women my heart will light up, but if a man walks in, my lower dan tien and sexual center will get activated. Surely this on its own is sufficient an indicator to concur that there is in fact an energy exchange of some nature taking place as i interact with people of both sexes, not just women. I believe there is a process of sorts that takes place subconsciously or otherwise.

If you have a very pleasant being that people want to share, but you seem lofty and remote, or perhaps you've been doing wrathful meditations for the last month, people won't be hitting on you as much. Another example of someone not approachable is someone who is ready and prepared to be very judgmental and critical without any sense of measure. People can sense that too. They call it "uptight."

Exactly. This is quite what i am saying. Do you not consider a change from the state of being "uptight" to that of being "approachable" a change of energy in itself? - When people are angry, even if they don't look it, sometimes you can sense that "vibe", is it then too far fetched to assume that Jing the coarsest, earthly and most palpable of the three treasures may have the capacity to radiate it'self intelligently in a form of energy interaction with other individuals?

If beings residing on an entirely different frequency than us can sense and feel attracted to an increase of our energies through meditation, then why do we exclude that a similar reaction is capable of creatures on our plane of interaction?

If you are open and approachable, and yet your inner being is turbulent or depressed, people will naturally not want to bask in your being. :) Don't you see this?

I disagree with this Gold; i am personally very attracted to people who are depressed or in pain, whether they look good or bad externally. I am attracted by a strong sympathy and love to help.

It's not something like chi or jing. Your face betrays you. It's how you comport yourself. It's how you sit and how you walk. People may not consciously notice anything special, but their subconscious mind will notice everything.

I understand this principle and am well accustomed to it, but on that note, who is to say the subconscious mind doesn't notice Jing or Qi and feel drawn to the object. Maybe Jing and Qi and even Shen/Light from which i am very far, may hold information within it's frequency that sort of advertises our personality, health, character, intention, feelings etc. - sort of like pheromones or saliva.

I have heard of cases where people can actually identify an individual by their frequency emission from a distance.

If the mind can identify with this, then surely it also has the capacity to identify and distinguish that frequency in other manners that would increase the uniqueness, quality and character of the emission to make it not only receivable, but distinguishable and subconsciously "ratable" on a good/bad scale?

I'm not saying anything about chi or jing here. I am just saying you really don't need to resort to any overly exotic explanations. Or maybe I am wrong.

I think there might be more to it Gold. I really do feel a huge difference and that heart and sexual center interaction around women and men is an indication that something is going on too.

Maybe you are actually unapproachable and turbulent and yet despite all this all the chicks still want to talk to you just because your chi drives them crazy, even though talking to you hurts their being and feels bad, they just can't resist your chi. Do let me know.

I am definitely not hurting anyone, but I will investigate : )

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

In my experience, it does have to do with energies. And it's powerful. Jing? Qi? I don't know.

Whatever energies they are, impact the look on our face, the way we carry ourselves, etc...yes...but I don't think having a certain look about you is what causes the attraction.

It's the chemical/physiological/magnetic/whatever else that causes it.

I agree with this Scotty,

Some people look damn good and smile, but i'd never be attracted to them with a magnetic intensity.

There are a lot of Yin and Yang energies in the body. Enough in both concentration and number to be able to output an individual identifier for every person.

For example: I could be 1001101 based on my personal average of Y/Yg energies, which would place me under a particular category of energetic personality types that would be predisposed by their very nature towards attraction with only another specific group of complimentary opposite identification. Maybe there is more than just "ideals" and "principles" and "religion" when it comes to the compatibility between two people that leads to "chemistry"or "clicking".

Perhaps it is possible that a strong attraction of the opposite sex occurs when an inverse Yin/Yang identifier is matched eg:

Female: 1001101 + Male 0110010 = Very Strong Energetic Compatibility.

Could it also be possible that people loose a synchronization in energies as their own personal Yin/Yang balance changes that leads to an incompatibility in personalities within long term relationships?

I'm with 'goldisheavy' here.

Nothing to do with Chi at all, its more material and superficial than that.

Am I being too judgmental and critical?

I am an ok looking guy. I'm no super model, but having stayed away for a year from women and coming out again after meditation, there is just simply no way you can miss the eye piercingly evident difference in that magnetic attraction the opposite sex has.

It hits you like a brick in the face. Sort of like you've been driving a tractor all your life and then you get into a Lambo and floor the pedal, it's that obvious, so i want to find out why. I want to know if i am losing energy this way or not, because i have felt so drained the past 3 days after girls crowded me like that, that waking up in the mornings afterwards i felt like i have been totally drained, so much so that i can't even hold my fork and knife without them shaking like i have parkinsons or something. And then after i meditate, i am charged again and feel like a million bucks.

I am conscious about the fact that i may be confusing the object which is causing me to feel drained, but when i am with women is the only time during the day that my centers activate like that.

Leaving all the qi and jing jargon aside, what you are experiencing can be described as a greater level of presence. There are qualities about a person who is more aware and centered that are undeniable; moreover, it is often reflected in movement.

With regards to differences in energetic feelings between men and women, I have no idea. No disrespect intended, but could it be your imagination?

Regarding your stretching ability, I would say it has to do with enhanced neuro-plasticity derived from your meditative state. Quite simply, your brain can organize your muscles better.

Edited by Mattimo

I'm going to siphon a few quotes of note and mentions of experience into this here post.

"My wife suggested we dispense with the generalizations of what women want or do not want, and simply be clear that people with painfully low ego strength are not attractive to themselves or others. This condition sends out an unmistakable vibe, all esoterica aside. I used to think that if I just manifested my gentleness, nonviolence, and sensitivity (crying at movies) that this would be enough to secure an intimate relationship. What I failed to realize is that personal power and self-acceptance is far more attractive to healthy people. Unfortunately, low ego strength, and self-loathing in general, has become an epidemic social pathology in most consumer cultures.

Kill your television!"

--- Blasto.

"... The thing that Drew does isn't really not masturbating, it's taking the sexual energy and bringing it up to his third eye. Women do like third eye men."

---- Witch.

"We attract people into our lives based on our own deep subconscious programs. If you think you are a loser you will attract losers. If you know you are a god you will attract goddesses.

Being a nice and good hearted person is one of the most potent aphrodisiacs out there. Have the qualities of the heart that you wish to find in others and they will find you."

----ShaktiMama.

"What attracts women is confidence.

It doesn't matter what you [do], as long as you do it confidently.

And it isn't just women, people in general are attracted to confidence. Part of being confident is being comfortable in your own skin. It's having that self stability. Which is something that meditation can bring you, conveniently enough."

--- Sloppy Zhang.

"The goal of celibacy is much the same. Divert energy from sexual functioning to rehabilitation and growth of metabolism. This happens two fold. It increase metabolic functioning of the regenerative aspects of the physical frame, and secondarily, retains the male hormones and allows the testosterone and adrenal functioning to store up excess. Much like when we were animals, the more hormones we retained, the more energy we had to fight off other bucks. And then have more sperm to attract females for mating."

--- Drew Hempel.

Drew has a better, far morere pertinent quote out there in the ether with regards to girls being very attracted to energy.... but I can't find it.

So.

My longest bout with retention was 47 days, and that ended a couple weeks back with a glorious night of chemical indiscretion... <_< But, even within that short time, there is most certainly a noticeable difference in the way that girls act around you... While I can't relate to effilangs tale of "girls taking numbers.." , I did feel that girls would go out of their way to make sure that I'd noticed that they'd noticed me. There was also a marked rise in giggling girls when they were close to me.. Waiting in line at lunch etc. Is it all due to the energy? Hard to say. I know that I felt *really* tremendous during that time (and still do). Very light-hearted, active, happy and confident... I felt like a giggly lion... Bounding down between long rows of library stacks and hallways.. I was in a place where everything seemed possible and easy and natural... So there may be a lot to be said for just possessing that attitude and positivity..

Did this sense disappear after that ejaculation? Slightly, but the taste was still there. I think some of that lessening had more to do with being upset that I'd lost control with the Ms after so many nights of the cool and calm.. But there's no sense in crying over spilled milk... You just need to keep walking up that hill. But does higher energy put you in places like the giggly-lion syndrome? I think most certainly. Can you get there without retaining? I can't see why not, but retention put me there without trying.

So is it energy alone that provides the catalyst for attraction, regardless of your poor attitude or sense of worth? My feeling is no. I think at the very core of this is the "love yourself and others will love you" attitude... All that energy has to be manifested properly for that "energetic" attraction to blossom fully (and for your practices to be effective) and properly IMO. I think, as demonstrated by recent posts in the forum, you can retain in excess and not find the magnetizing effect that pulls lasses to your side.... Which really is just a happy consequence of work done well anyway.

I feel that attitude and energy are very much linked. Happy energy attracts.

balance.

Edited by balance.

I walk into a room and every girl starts flirting with me, they are literally drawn to me like a magnet.

I sit down on a table and before i know it every girl in the room is sitting at my table trying to take turns to talk to me and flirt with me.

And i mean in an absolutely shameless way, they don't care who is watching or listening, they will queue up and wait in line with a number.

I am very used to women and this sort of pack behavior is something entirely new to me. It is almost like they are under a spell?

What is the energetic theory behind this attraction? Any hypotheses? Is there an exchange going on?

Also i have noticed that when i am in a room full of women i feel more love in the middle dan tien, but when a man comes into the room all the action goes to my lower dan tien and sexual center. Is he de-converting my Qi to Jing?

Why do only males have this effect on my lower center while women have a more prominent effect on my heart center?

Are women more naturally MDT centered than LDT? - I feel like i have to cross my legs when a man comes into the room because my lower center feels like its being sucked or drained.

Second question:

1: Normal physical stretching of the muscular system, after which i can perform extreme bends and splits and so on.

2: Only meditation ie: for an hour. And the effect? - I can do the same extreme bends and splits as if having done 30 mins of physical stretching. I can jump right into full lotus, bend into a pretzel and all that good stuff. In fact i dare say meditation is more effective O_O.

How if in anyway does Qi / Jing act on the muscle and tendon system to help stretching and flexibility, without actually physically stretching the tissues?

Very interesting thread. If you don't mind the question, what exactly have you been practicing the past year? and are you practicing retention along side it?

Thank you for that balance, those were very helpful.

I am eager to see what Drew-san has to say about this.

This one by ShaktiMama appealed to me the most:

"We attract people into our lives based on our own deep subconscious programs. If you think you are a loser you will attract losers. If you know you are a god you will attract goddesses.

Being a nice and good hearted person is one of the most potent aphrodisiacs out there. Have the qualities of the heart that you wish to find in others and they will find you."

Biff: Retention all the way yes. Although i'd like to say that i've kept it in for a full year that would be a horrible lie and Kharma scares me : ) - However i have definitely noticed that you can gain very good results in your practice without having to be celibate all the time.

For example if you're "accidentally" relieved of your essence once every 3 or 4 of months, the effects do not seem to be detrimental to progress, comparatively speaking of course with several times a week or once a month etc. I may be way off base here but i think it all depends on the amount of energy needed to charge capacitors to peak highs, so the variation in the effect of feeling drained could very well depend on the level of your attainment or current goal.

I would like to go full time though and this is what i am doing. It is a little harder when being in a relationship, but she is very understanding of my limitations.

The most prominent effect of retention that i've noticed is my heart opening up. I want to love everything and everyone, whether they love me or hate me. It is taking a while to get use to it, but i have learned through this how powerful love is.

Practice wise Biff:

I start out with some moving Qi Gong, based on Ken Cohens DVDs, then do the first couple of exercises by Chunyi Lin, then i sit in half lotus do a lot of spine twists and then i do sitting meditation for an hour or more concentrating on the Lower Dan Tien and throughout the day the most important thing i do which i think has advanced my practice immensely is practicing non-discrimination, keeping a blank mind, no thoughts, no thinking, just being. This has opened my mind and grown my wisdom and opened a lot of my channels.

I think the best route is the most direct, just sit on your ass and meditate and when you're not meditating, be thoughtless.

Reading "How To Measure and Deepen Your Spiritual Realization" has helped a lot.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 1

I have had the same experience.. and this is what i have come to figure out; meditation allows you to take ownership of your intent, energy and shen. your shen can be a projection of intent and, most people aren't aware of that. its the shen that manipulates the qi.. and at a base level this is the projection most people eminate in social circumstance. if they are mundane, they dont emit strongly unless they have an excess abnormality, and that can manifest in various ways.. its why criminals 'feel' dangerous or sexual predators radiate this vibe. dont be deceived, these types of people are meditating too, just not structured and they meditate on different things than you. they generate momentum with these practice.. as concientious practitioners we get to take these effort to a 'better' place. most men who haven't learned to be aware of their illusionary 'wants' and 'needs' are still slaves to the base emotional response.. lumbering through life with lustful thoughts and projecting that shen.. its the natural yang response to yin energy. they are effectivly walking around in an attitude emotional rape. most guys i know wouldn't dream of doing it on physical level, but ask them to honestly say what they are thinking and it would repel you. aware or not, we are responsible for this energy. our energetic projection is no less substantial than our physical presence, and our society has engineered itself to respond to this fact with the large majority of the masses unaware they wage battle daily.they have to be first in line, they cant make eye contact, return a hello.. they are unconsiously reacting to a stimulus they dont understand, have never explored and probably dont beleive in.

and then there is you.. who walk into a room more or less in control of your monkey mind and not a slave to your ego and just invloved with the act of being there, and its like a breath of fresh air. your not projecting lust, pride, anger etc.. you just are. its a rare and curious thing, and who wouldn't be attracted to that?? its comforting. and it puts you in position to help educate others and then they can have the opportunity to live a full and complete human experience of intergrated mind body and shen. and they tell two people and they tell two people and so on and so on.. but it does take work, as you know, and unfortunalty for todays society its far easier to just pick up an STD, stay angry and blame others for this terrible terrible world... but im digressing. good for you! be well and keep it up!!

Second question:

• Like 1

Happy those were moderately helpful... and Mama's quote is particularly good.

I too am curious to hear what drew might say, but I haven't seen him around lately.

best.

balance.

Maybe you get ready for lovin when you meet girls and ready for fighting when you meet guys? Metaphorically speaking of course (for the most part at least). What I mean is that guys always compete in some form or another. Even amongst friends we compete in some, mostly friendly, manner. With girls you don`t normally have this sort of competion. But what you do have is always some sort of tension going on within the spectrum of potential relationship and connection. Read this: http://www.pick-up-artist-forum.com/60s-anti-manifesto-must-read-vt72952.html?highlight=

It is by a pick up artist that says sexual tension is ALWAYS present between ANY man and ANY woman but we reduce it or work ours way arround it by doing certain things. If you instead of trying to do what you think will create attraction just stop doing the stuff you are programmed to do to reduce sexual tension then sexual tension will surface on its own because it was already tehre. Fascinating stuff.

Anotehr theory could be that women just operate from the middle dan tien and men from the lower and you naturally tuine int o where people are.

Just throwing a couple of ideas out there.

----

Jus FYI Drew is taking a break from TTBs because he said he was done with the "perv attacks". His last log, i believe was August 24th. I don't know when he'll be back. You may want to try to msg him some other way.

I don't want to speak for him, but i've read his posts before and based on his posts I can offer you what I believe he'd say...

As for the difference between males and females, men tend to be manipulated to focus on sex while women tend to focus on love, thus men's consciousness is stuck at the sex chakra where women tend to be at the heart level. Since men focus on sex so much they try to accumulate jing so they can fulfill their "desire" and ejaculate. He labeled these people as "pervs" or "number 1's". He states they try to pull your energy down to your lower energy centers, deconvert your chi to jing and try to absorb the jing from you.

As for women drew has stated that they crave chi and use it for internal mutual climaxes with it's provider. He states that when a males projects his chi (whether vis his 3rd eye or hands) the females takes in the chi and gives the male her jing for the male to transmute to more chi, and of course when this happens they both experience multiple mutual climaxes.

As for other possible theories based on drew's posts. He says jing is "electro-chemical" and I believe it could be hormonal. Increasing your Jing may simply increase the body's natural pheromones which is like catnip for women. A healthy virile male with high vitality (pretty rare in today's society) will naturally attract girls from a biologically point of view, or even subconsciously from the standpoint of the unconscious mind and evolution.

Personally though, as fun as it would be to share multiple internal climaxs with women I would suggest that it would be OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND (dbz tourettes) times better to build your shen and return to "emptiness".

Go over to a post called "3rd eye" or something. There drew posts extensively about his theories on these things. If you value his opinions you will find it a bountiful warehouse of information, and it will likely answer your question.

-Astral

It's not that Gold. I've had enough experience with women in my life to know the difference, and i am very good at catching subtleties.

I have been meditating in solitude for the past year and now that i am out and among women i can tell there is a very noticeable difference in their attraction to me. They are literally lining up and fighting over me and i have no interest in it whatsoever. It does not even boost my ego; every time it happens the only thing that grows is my curiosity to know how it works, so i can learn more about myself.

The attraction simply does not make logical sense to me, there must be something more to it and i'm thinking it has to do with increased Jing.

This is exactly why you can't see the forest for the trees. Apparently you experience so much peace and ease of being, that you can't even understand why other people might be interested in it. Since you abide in it regularly, you can't see how it could be a big deal. So if you are a walking pool of peace and ease, of course everyone wants to get near. I am sure men would be chatting you up as well if it was socially acceptable. Since it's acceptable for women to flirt with men, they do.

Personally I don't think this kind of thing is sexual per se. It's just that most any sane and untrained person wants to be in this kind of psychic environment that you carry with you everywhere you go.

Like i said, when i sit in a room now with women my heart will light up, but if a man walks in, my lower dan tien and sexual center will get activated. Surely this on its own is sufficient an indicator to concur that there is in fact an energy exchange of some nature taking place as i interact with people of both sexes, not just women. I believe there is a process of sorts that takes place subconsciously or otherwise.

That's funny. I typed my previous paragraphs before I even read this one. I am right on the money as I tend to be. ;)

Exactly. This is quite what i am saying. Do you not consider a change from the state of being "uptight" to that of being "approachable" a change of energy in itself?

I think that energy is a useful descriptor which you can apply to your situation, but it's not the only correct one and nor is it the most enlightening one. Talking about energy too much tends to dummify the situation. It kind of makes the whole situation look like some wiring or some plumbing. Life is much more than just plumbing. Life cannot be captured by the energy paradigm. For example, we experience intentionality. Energy by definition has no intentionality. Energy is impersonal. Your being is not impersonal. So taking the energy paradigm too far is a mistake.

I wouldn't say you're completely wrong. Yes, you can think of what's happening in terms of energy. But if energy is all you can see, it's like you're blind. Why don't you see the interplay of intention? How about seeing that all human beings you encounter share a common subconscious mind with you? These viewpoints, I think, are much more enlightening.

- When people are angry, even if they don't look it, sometimes you can sense that "vibe", is it then too far fetched to assume that Jing the coarsest, earthly and most palpable of the three treasures may have the capacity to radiate it'self intelligently in a form of energy interaction with other individuals?

If beings residing on an entirely different frequency than us can sense and feel attracted to an increase of our energies through meditation, then why do we exclude that a similar reaction is capable of creatures on our plane of interaction?

Eh? I don't think you understand me at all if this is what you're saying to me. Of course people sense vibes. That's what I said in my first reply to you. The subconscious mind picks up the minutest changes in your person, not just how you look statically, but the dynamic, the movement of your person. I also believe there is a magical quality to it in the sense that your mind and the minds of others are not truly walled off. You don't live in a container. When you light a stick of incense in your room, people can smell it in the hallway. Catch my drift? You can call it energy if you like, but there is more to it than just dead, dumb and predictable energy.

I disagree with this Gold; i am personally very attracted to people who are depressed or in pain, whether they look good or bad externally. I am attracted by a strong sympathy and love to help.

I was talking about most normal people. You are not normal. :) You have some training such that you have stamina to endure the negativity of someone else, plus you have compassion. When you have enough fearlessness you can sometimes stop worrying about your own survival and think about the feelings and thoughts of others. That doesn't happen often without training. It happens to people who undergo spiritual training.

I understand this principle and am well accustomed to it, but on that note, who is to say the subconscious mind doesn't notice Jing or Qi and feel drawn to the object.

It's even better than that. The subconscious mind can sense the idea or the thought of chi, never mind actual chi. If you see that the minds of people are not walled off, this is a natural consequence. It's just normal. The subconscious mind is also creative though. It's hard to be sure what is being passively sensed and what is being actively created, and ultimately there may be no actual difference between passive sensing and active creation.

Maybe Jing and Qi and even Shen/Light from which i am very far, may hold information within it's frequency that sort of advertises our personality, health, character, intention, feelings etc. - sort of like pheromones or saliva.

I have heard of cases where people can actually identify an individual by their frequency emission from a distance.

If the mind can identify with this, then surely it also has the capacity to identify and distinguish that frequency in other manners that would increase the uniqueness, quality and character of the emission to make it not only receivable, but distinguishable and subconsciously "ratable" on a good/bad scale?

If this kind of things interests you, fine, I guess. Personally, I like to keep things simple. So I don't think like that. I don't try to figure out the plumbing. If I want a model, I tend to go with science, plus my own psychic models which are relatively simple and highly abstract. I don't think in terms of very specific and concrete energy manifestations such as lower dan tien, energy meridians, different types of energy like chi, jing, shen. I don't find such distinctions useful. I do use the idea of energy, but my idea of it is a lot more abstract and a lot less specific. My energy doesn't flow in meridians. It flows everywhere. I don't store my energy in dan tian. Instead the entire universe is an effortless storehouse of my energy. If my body drops dead, to me, it's like taking 5 dollars from one pocket and putting it into another. There is no gain and no loss. I don't think of death as an energetic exhaustion like many alchemically minded Taoists do.

I think there might be more to it Gold.

You think that energy is more. I think that energy is less. I think that there are far greater ideas than the idea of energy. So I agree that there is more to it, but you and I have a different idea of what is a richer language. I believe the language of energy while useful, when used alone, is an impoverished language.

I am definitely not hurting anyone, but I will investigate : )

I don't think you're hurting anyone either. It sounds like fun. It would be cool if you investigated it further and posted more observations and thoughts. Why don't you try some experiments? Do a little bit of the subjective yogic science. :)

Edited by goldisheavy

Second question:

This has been my experience as well. I wrote a rather lengthly theory a few weeks ago about this very topic (about women being Middle Dan Tien centered, and men being Lower Dan Tien centered .. primarily) It was in the Heart Center/ Middle Dan Tien thread here it is....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

I just woke up this morning and I had this dream that I feel gave me an important insight. There is the heart center which lies in the Middle Dan Tien, and the sexual center which is closer to the domain of the Lower Dan Tien.

It has been my observation that people with blocked heart centers tend to be more focused on sex, while people who have blocked sexual centers seem to be more focused on the emotional aspect of relationships.

Think of it as a PVC pipe with water flowing through it. Now lets say I drilled two holes in this pipe. As long as both holes are clean water is going to flow out of both holes more or less equally. Now lets say that one hole becomes clogged or blocked. This will have the effect of raising the water pressure in the remaining hole.

So lets say one has their heart center blocked. Then that would seem to indicate that more pressure would tend to flow out of the sexaul center. Now it would seem that for what ever reason that a lot of men (and of course some women too) tend to be more straight foward "mission minded" less emotional in regards to sex as compared to women. Women on the other hand tend to be a little more problematic when it comes to achieving an orgasm than men (and usually are more sexually hesitant), but also seem to emphasise the emotional component of a relation ship then men.

This would suggest to me that in general men have more problems with blockages in their heart center, and women have more problems with blockages in their sexual center (and yes I know there are always exceptions). The man with a blockage in the heart center would have more pressure trying to escape their sexual center, and vice versa with the woman. It is easy to see how this would not only create a great deal of internal frustration (sex obsessed man, emotional woman) but inter-relationship issues as well. To the woman the man would seem to not care enough about issues of the heart, and to the man it would seem hard to get into the womans pants.

In my observations on homosexual couples, women who have become lesbians often tell me that their relationships with women are much more soft and tender than with men. Homosexual men seem to be highly promiscuous changing partners often. This behavior tends to reinforce my theory on where blockages tend to predominate in the various genders.

A third category might be the serious scholar / nerd who might be blocked in both the lower centers and only open in the Upper Dan Tien, the kind of person who seems uninterested in either sex or emotional relationships, but only in study and contemplation.

So then I suppose that the idea state is of course to have all areas unblocked so that in all aspects of life we remiain well blanaced. Yet if in a certain aspect of life we do seem to be unblanaced, then understanding why we have such an imbalance is likely the first set in finding a solution to that imbalance."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my theory at the time, and since then my experience has only confirmed this even more. I believe that most women are hard wired with their primary focus in the middle dan tien, and men in the lower. This would explain a lot of the differences between men and women in their approaches to sexuality and relationships.

I found your descriptions interesting as I have felt the exact same sensations as you were describing. If I retain/do qigong a lot I get flirted with quite a bit, (and I'm not even being flirty).

So as to your question as to why practice makes us more attractive to women I remember Drew saying that men want the women's jing, and women want the men's chi. So I suppose that if we have a lot of chi, women are going to feel this, and find it attractive. The lower dan tien is the residence of jing, so men want more jing from the woman. The middle dan tien is the residence of chi, so women want the man's chi.

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 1

So as to your question as to why practice makes us more attractive to women I remember Drew saying that men want the women's jing, and women want the men's chi. So I suppose that if we have a lot of chi, women are going to feel this, and find it attractive. The lower dan tien is the residence of jing, so men want more jing from the woman. The middle dan tien is the residence of chi, so women want the man's chi.
Right, so far I have not felt any "Drew effect" from my meditation yet..

However, if there is one, I also suspect that the critical mass tipping point is filling your qi (converted at middle dantian) up. When this happens, your appetite should decrease...and your heart chakra should probably also develop well. Effilang may have reached this point now.

Whereas I think that I have filled my jing up, but not my qi yet. My sex drive is now well under control and I can "see" a golden jing ring filled in the center (signifying my jing is "full")...but I feel my heart chakra is still closed and I still have a normal appetite (signifying my qi is not).

Anyhow, it would be interested to see if I also experience the "Drew effect" once my qi fills up - and verify the hypothesis here.. :D

and I can "see" a golden jing ring filled in the center (signifying my jing is "full")

What does this mean, Vortex?

What does this mean, Vortex?
The Marrow produced from the Kidney Jing flows into the brain. The thinking ability is strengthened when Qi and Blood in the cerebral cortex are abundant. With the increase of thinking activity, a circle of light develops within the bodys Taiji Pole. The individuals innate intelligence (Yuan Shen) is represented by the intensity of light. The degree of accumulated spiritual energy is reflected by the number of light circles developed within the Taiji Pole. These circles of light can be best observed when first waking. By placing slight pressure of the external eye lids the inner light of the Taiji Pole is projected onto the optic nerves, reflecting an image of the circle of light. If the circle of light is complete, it reflects a strong, healthy condition. If the circle of light is dark within its center (similar to a doughnut), this reflects a Deficient condition. If the circle of light is broken or interrupted, it reflects an extreme Deficiency.
Basically, if you press your eyes when first waking, you may see a bright golden ring in your mind.* (Later on, you may also see it spontaneously arise when reversing your awareness backwards down your optic nerves down into your dantian.)

Observe this ring. Is it a complete circle or does it have breaks in it? Is it just a ring, and not filled-in in the center?

I believe this is basically a "fuel gauge" for your jing - and when your jing is full - your ring will be a complete, unbroken circle with the center filled-in as well. Of course, this is all rather interpretational and imaginative on my part - so take with a grain of salt. :)

Personally, I started out with a broken donut ring (late 2007). That has now become fully circular and filled in the center.

* This is apparently also some ancient Tibetan technique.

Edited by vortex

I have had the same experience.. and this is what i have come to figure out; meditation allows you to take ownership of your intent, energy and shen. your shen can be a projection of intent and, most people aren't aware of that. its the shen that manipulates the qi.. and at a base level this is the projection most people eminate in social circumstance. if they are mundane, they dont emit strongly unless they have an excess abnormality, and that can manifest in various ways.. its why criminals 'feel' dangerous or sexual predators radiate this vibe. dont be deceived, these types of people are meditating too, just not structured and they meditate on different things than you. they generate momentum with these practice.. as concientious practitioners we get to take these effort to a 'better' place. most men who haven't learned to be aware of their illusionary 'wants' and 'needs' are still slaves to the base emotional response.. lumbering through life with lustful thoughts and projecting that shen.. its the natural yang response to yin energy. they are effectivly walking around in an attitude emotional rape. most guys i know wouldn't dream of doing it on physical level, but ask them to honestly say what they are thinking and it would repel you. aware or not, we are responsible for this energy. our energetic projection is no less substantial than our physical presence, and our society has engineered itself to respond to this fact with the large majority of the masses unaware they wage battle daily.they have to be first in line, they cant make eye contact, return a hello.. they are unconsiously reacting to a stimulus they dont understand, have never explored and probably dont beleive in.

and then there is you.. who walk into a room more or less in control of your monkey mind and not a slave to your ego and just invloved with the act of being there, and its like a breath of fresh air. your not projecting lust, pride, anger etc.. you just are. its a rare and curious thing, and who wouldn't be attracted to that?? its comforting. and it puts you in position to help educate others and then they can have the opportunity to live a full and complete human experience of intergrated mind body and shen. and they tell two people and they tell two people and so on and so on.. but it does take work, as you know, and unfortunalty for todays society its far easier to just pick up an STD, stay angry and blame others for this terrible terrible world... but im digressing. good for you! be well and keep it up!!

thank you thank you thank you

And the above is why I read TTB.

fini

Craig

Guest tao4joe

I am an ok looking guy. I'm no super model, but having stayed away for a year from women and coming out again after meditation, there is just simply no way you can miss the eye piercingly evident difference in that magnetic attraction the opposite sex has.

It hits you like a brick in the face. Sort of like you've been driving a tractor all your life and then you get into a Lambo and floor the pedal, it's that obvious, so i want to find out why. I want to know if i am losing energy this way or not, because i have felt so drained the past 3 days after girls crowded me like that, that waking up in the mornings afterwards i felt like i have been totally drained, so much so that i can't even hold my fork and knife without them shaking like i have parkinsons or something. And then after i meditate, i am charged again and feel like a million bucks.

I am conscious about the fact that i may be confusing the object which is causing me to feel drained, but when i am with women is the only time during the day that my centers activate like that.

Its strange when we feel the effects of our chi cultivation, it does increase production of natural hormones including testosterone and many studies have been conducted using two photos same men one with elevated levels one without, women overwhelmingly chose the first with elevated male hormones. So its no accident, just remember to use it wise and with truth. Being of passionate use is beautiful but also to those in need, that is what this strength is for.. have a good weekend

joseph