Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

deodorant

Yeah I got that talk a couple years ago when I first started my job. My boss informed me that my smell "had been noticed" and that we work in close quarters, blah blah blah. I managed to just change clothes after biking to work and not wear anti-perspirant, but it still made me all paranoid day in and day out when I sweated too much or it was too hot or whatever. But darned if this evil aluminum-based anti-perspirant doesn't make things much better.

yeah i got paranoid all day yesterday and wouldn't go near anyone :(

this morning after my morning exercises i had a shower, used some crystal deodorant and put on some tea-tree oil.... i smell ok (to me) right now..... but i don't know who told the boss about my bad smell and i'm kind of paranoid towards all the girls here and don't know who is secretly thinking really bad thoughts about me :(:(

You know one of the things that I like when I go to south east asia are the smells. Here it all seem so aseptic.

second that.

my first girlfriend was a girl i met in thailand. when i first started dating her, her small was so weird (garlic, fish sauce, chili diet... ughh!) but after some time with her i began to really love her unique smell. i miss it now actually.

we are wayyyyy too hygenic here in the west i think, its not healthy.

also the smell of artificial deodorants and colognes is actually more off-putting to me than natural body-odour (provided the person isn't a junk food addict, then no matter what they smell bad cos you just know they will spray heaps of that chemical gunk on them) .

personally (and maybe i'm being really picky here) but i don't think i could go out with a female who used chemical garbage on herself.... i'm really sensitive to it and the smell sometimes makes me sick, or at least if i did go with a girl like this i would buy her natural replacements.

I tried to smell this dude's armpits the other day and it just smelled like deodorant. It made me sad. I love pheremones. OTOH there are guys I work with who stink, and it's really awful being near them.

When I started changing clothes after I biked to work and smelled the old clothes I thought they smelled something awful--and I think I was still vegan (healthy vegan) back then.

Sweat is sexy. Stench is gross.

I'm happy with this Degree for now, though. Maybe just use it in the summer. Was sweating after pilates and driving in my car this morning, without ac. Got big sweat circles under my pits but smelled like roses, literally. Didn't have to take a 2nd shower before work. Lovely.

i want to try that lavlin stuff someone mentioned earlier at the beginning of this thread.

i started wearing deoderant a couple of years ago around the time i started dressing nicer, but i've always felt extremely BLEH about it. none of that hippie shit in the whole body section does anything but make me sweat more. so secret has been my guilty pleasure....

we had an employee spoken to in our offices, but it wasn't about BO... BO is pretty much tolerated. the employee I'm speaking of was talked to for wearing too much cologne.....

who is going to complain about BO? that's so stupid. as long as you don't smell like you've pissed your pants it should be OK... it's not like BO can induce a headache in someone else, jeez...

who is going to complain about BO? that's so stupid. as long as you don't smell like you've pissed your pants it should be OK... it's not like BO can induce a headache in someone else, jeez...

my thoughts exactly.

and it's not like my body smells really bad or anything.... just strong. i have a strong male smell because i exercise regularly.

anyways the tea tree oil is giving me a very neutral kind of smell so it's all good.

i want to know who complained.... so i can give them death stares <_<

I used to be a daily user. Now I don't need the suit and tie, and can dress more to the elements. I'll use Arm and Hammer stick once or twice a week if needed. I have a crystal but that never really worked for me.

Michael

Yes, ya'll get disturbing from time to time, but we all like it, secretly on the inside... :lol:

When I was out supporting the corporate world and being on time for 'the man' I used these disposable wetnaps of my own invention. Pretty simple and easy to implement, really -

heat a half-cup water to a boil, strain through some lavender, rose, and sandalwood chips (one varied oil substitutions work well, too) into a bowl and let cool, and I add these small square cut recycled paper cloths in half size ziplocks with a small amount of the liquid and when I went to bathroom breaks at points during the day I'd wipe my neck, armpits, where I'd get really sweaty and not only did it feel refreshing but it helped combat any odors - though I can't say I've used deodorant in the last 5 years + . . . never really had a problem since treating my body MUCH, MUCH better nutritionally what ever it is in the diet, it works well, I suppose ... just keep those wetnaps handy in the small cooler chest, among arnica gel, root salves, aloe, tea tree & eucalyptus mud, lava compote, and other stuff that keeps better cool and gets used enough to have around consistently.

-Michelle "the happy" TwoTrees

pssst...you'd think evil thinking would translate through skin...but it doesn't ....somehow Max comes out smelling like a champion

I'll lay off the whole relative humidity thing, but I thought it kinda worked nicely as a subtopic...

For those who aren't quite sure as to whether they have strong odor,

a good guide is if your urine has a strong odor it's a good chance you do to when you perspire.

I think the more alkaline and less acid your diet the sweeter you are.

i want to know who complained.... so i can give them death stares

do not underestimate the power of a death stare

A midwife I know told me lavolin works well but can cause fibrosystic breast disease. She uses Purell--that anti-bacterial stuff--once a week or so.

i picked up the miessence tahitian breeze.... it's not bad, i don't dig the creamy smell of it too much though, but that's just the carrier for the other oils. i know there is no bad ingredients in it whatsoever so thats good news.

after this lot i think i'll just stick to straight up essential oils on the body, some ylang ylang to attract the ladies perhaps ;)

why not?

just one or two drops under the armpits....

what's a useful carrier then?

why not?

just one or two drops under the armpits....

what's a useful carrier then?

They are WAY too strong to put on your skin undiluted... Exceptions are tea tree oil and possibly lavender, though the latter is still in debate.

Any kind of oil is a good carrier...coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, etc. Cocoa butter or shea butter work, too.

cool.

i kind of like the tea tree oil smell actually.... although it's not the most sensual.

:P

i love coconut oil too, so i'd probably use that as a carrier.... plus it solidifies so it'd be easier to apply.

Edited by neimad

My wife likes Weleda Wild Rose

Yes, it's a nice scent, do you like it? I wouldn't put it on myself because I am working on being more manly this year, heh, but it smells great on the Lezlizzle. :lol: She's all about roses, she loves rose ice cream too ... they sell it at Indian restaurants. Really strange, it tastes like you are eating a rose and fills up your sinuses with rose aroma. :blink:

mmmmm gulab jamon......

:(

i'm not eating ANY sugar right now, not even honey or fruit.

Rose water is nice too. Even Edgar Cayce likes it.

I rub the Almond Aura Glow (based on Cayce reading) on my skin after taking baths. uh, wait, did I say I was working on being more manly? :D

mmmmm gulab jamon......

:(

i'm not eating ANY sugar right now, not even honey or fruit.

Are you doing PNP? I did that for two years to the letter. Good experience.

Yes, it's a nice scent, do you like it? I wouldn't put it on myself because I am working on being more manly this year, heh, but it smells great on the Lezlizzle. :lol: She's all about roses, she loves rose ice cream too ... they sell it at Indian restaurants. Really strange, it tastes like you are eating a rose and fills up your sinuses with rose aroma. :blink:

Yes mYTHISmAKER smells loverly.

You want to smell manly don't use anything :lol:

I rub the Almond Aura Glow (based on Cayce reading) on my skin after taking baths. uh, wait, did I say I was working on being more manly? :D

Are you doing PNP? I did that for two years to the letter. Good experience.

i'm still doing the soap, bicarb, salt lather followed by coconut oil.... is keeping my skin very tight and lovely.

i'm stinking cos my body is detoxing more and more.

i'm not following any diet but my own.... i have some unfriendly residents (candida or some variant of) lodged in my lower colon, they have been there for a long time and i have decided it's time to say goodbye to them.

my plan of action:

- no sugar (no honey, fruit, tomatoes.... only exception is about a 1/2 tsp of molassas in the morning with my herb tea, and my herbalist friend told me molassas is complete as a sugar that there shouldn't be any of it left over as food for the unfriendlies).

- no wheat or bread of any kind.

- biodynamic yoghourt in the morning to replace the bifidobacterium in the large intestine (plus some slippery elm mixed in for soluble fibre)

- garlic implants at night to kill off the yeast/fungus.

and the new addition of (testing this out tomorrow morning):

- oil pulling with sesame oil (intuitevly i feel this would be really good right now, part of my problem is my mouth feels really dirty all the time).

2 weeks minimum for the no sugar/wheat, with possibility of extending (and even then will only add honey, evaporated sugar can juice back in.... no fruit till summer, don't like it in winter.... and the occassional pasta dish, and the healthy pastries my friend makes at the markets).

Mmm . . . coconut oil and Patchouli . *lost in thought*

SEAN She's all about roses, she loves rose ice cream too ... they sell it at Indian restaurants. Really strange, it tastes like you are eating a rose and fills up your sinuses with rose aroma.

You know, that Republic of Tea's version of Rose Petal tea (using Assam Black leaves as a base) is pretty darn tasty, have either of you tried it ?

Sign in to follow this