Sign in to follow this  
Lozen

deodorant

The Crystal works for me too.

The thing I'm curious about is what Mythmaker and Chris brought up... I've read several times in my raw food research that armpit funk is a sign of a poor diet. Now these guys are like Mythmaker and eat extremely raw. I'm nowhere near that at the moment.

Mythmaker, I'm assuming that you don't need to use deodorant? Max implied in a post to me that his odor situation has been improved by going raw.

I use the crystal as well, works just fine unless it's real hot or I'm very active. I live in the desert too B) and in the summer I get the wet patches. As long as I don't smell it's cool, but if I'm in a social situation, or "dressed up" I do use antiperspirant. Not really happy about that, but I do sweat a fair amount when I'm hot.

I'm curious too--when I did my one-month purification diet, I didn't notice a change in odor. In fact the only change I've noticed is a former housemate who smelled worse when she ate food she was allergic too.

But my friends that are mommies tell me that vegan poop smells less bad.

And btw I think I smell good :) I eat pretty good but I do eat a lot of meat (not fried chicken or McDonald's or anything).

I'm thinking that a dietary change would take more than one month, though. The recent human study on calorie restriction lasted for about 6 months and it sounded like they needed the full term to see the DNA regeneration take place at least in the most modestly restricted group. I'd imagine that healing would continue for years. Just a guess, though. Somehow, I have it in my mind to be able to eliminate using deodorant in one year's time. And to be immune to athlete's foot by then, too. I'm thinking I'll be able to roll in poison ivy in 3 years time. (won't deliberately test that) On my recent retreat in the woods, I noticed that the people with the healthiest lifestyles and diets reported greatest resistance to problems with poison ivy. (everyone stayed safe on this account)

A theme amongst these rawists is that rawism is the bomb for skin related issues.

And btw I think I smell good :) I eat pretty good but I do eat a lot of meat (not fried chicken or McDonald's or anything).

do you cook your meat in oil?

cooking meat in oil or fat causes it to be very difficult to digest (even good oil like coconut or olive) and it can build up and get gunky in the intestines.

i've started cooking my meat in a pan in a little bit of water, or in the oven also with a little bit of water and am finding it goes down so much easier!

:)

and again.... i bet you do smell good *takes a nice long whiff* haha.

I use a tiny bit of oil and water, or I'll stick it in the oven.

and again.... i bet you do smell good *takes a nice long whiff* haha.

LOL, this wrestler boy I've been hanging out with is hard to pry away from my armpits, he thinks so too, lol. Let's see if Degree helps. ;)

neimad' date='May 9 2006, 06:36 PM' post='14240'

do you cook your meat in oil?

Some people cook with expensive unhydrogenated oils.

When the oil is heated it becomes hydrogenated.

LOL, this wrestler boy I've been hanging out with is hard to pry away from my armpits, he thinks so too, lol. Let's see if Degree helps. ;)

mmmm, i miss the smell of a woman.

*sick of being single*

i also miss getting to watch a woman dress in the morning, something so beautiful about the way women dress themselves.

Some people cook with expensive unhydrogenated oils.

When the oil is heated it becomes hydrogenated.

i'm not sure what you are saying here?

regardless of what oil you use to cook meat with, it's not the fact that it becomes hydrogentaed... it's about the coating it creates in the meat and how that interferes with the ability of the stomach acid to digest it.

'neimad' date='May 9 2006, 07:30 PM' post='14247']

i'm not sure what you are saying here?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Hydrogenerated oils which are oils that have been heated are trans fatty acids (hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils) are directly related to studies that link trans fatty acid (hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oil) consumption from processed foods to the development of diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease.

I am saying that if you take a virgin cold pressed oil and heat it it becomes hydrogenerated

whether you are cooking meat or veggies.

http://www.recoverymedicine.com/hydrogenated_oils.htm

yep, i knew those details.

however i have been informed that there is a way around this, and that is by cooking using extra virgin olive oil at very low temperatures and by adding the vegetables immediately to the oil, rather than letting it warm up on it's own.

coconut oil, of course, is another option as it is extremely heat resistant.

I'm thinking that a dietary change would take more than one month, though. The recent human study on calorie restriction lasted for about 6 months and it sounded like they needed the full term to see the DNA regeneration take place at least in the most modestly restricted group. I'd imagine that healing would continue for years. Just a guess, though. Somehow, I have it in my mind to be able to eliminate using deodorant in one year's time. And to be immune to athlete's foot by then, too. I'm thinking I'll be able to roll in poison ivy in 3 years time. (won't deliberately test that) On my recent retreat in the woods, I noticed that the people with the healthiest lifestyles and diets reported greatest resistance to problems with poison ivy. (everyone stayed safe on this account)

A theme amongst these rawists is that rawism is the bomb for skin related issues.

yes, it takes some time to clean up your body. I use Lavlin every 10 days and only in the summer. Now that I'm on 90% raw diet it will make the things purer. I'll keep you posted.

Talking about poison ivy. I got it from a blanket I borrowed at the begining of a 10-day Vipassana retreat. That was fun!

yes, it takes some time to clean up your body. I use Lavlin every 10 days and only in the summer. Now that I'm on 90% raw diet it will make the things purer. I'll keep you posted.

If I ever get to smell Max, I'll keep y'all posted. :)

Oh, and poison ivy? Deep, deep sangharas...

Max..Yael says you have "good energy" from your picture..

:)

You left out the second part of that, which is that then he posts all these weirdo pictures, and I can't figure out how to reconcile the two.

But Cam you;ll have to tell me if he smells. :lol:

Edited by Lozen

You left out the second part of that, which is that then he posts all these weirdo pictures, and I can't figure out how to reconcile the two.

But Cam you;ll have to tell me if he smells. :lol:

Max has nice energy...and an innocent childlike quality to his presence..

All I want to know is if his deodorant works.

Don't worry Cam, I will protect you from being ass raped by Plato after you pass out drunk. Or maybe we will just make a video of it and put it up for all here to see.

Sorry..ask Two Trees :lol:

Don't worry Cam, I will protect you from being ass raped by Plato after you pass out drunk. Or maybe we will just make a video of it and put it up for all here to see.

why brother?

Edited by Cameron

It's made by Israely company so it should work. Have you ever met a Hasidic Jew on a hot 100 degree summer day wearing 4 layers of clothing and a hat?

So, you don't like my pictures, huh?

B0000BV1YO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It's made by Israely company so it should work. Have you ever met a Hasidic Jew on a hot 100 degree summer day wearing 4 layers of clothing and a hat?

B0000BV1YO.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Looks like Max on left and Plato on right IMO.

I like your old avatar though.

Have you ever met a Hasidic Jew on a hot 100 degree summer day wearing 4 layers of clothing and a hat?

Yeah but I didn't smell him.

Ok, here is the scoop after i searched a few things on the net.

Lavlin is good but it contains petroleum jelly and it's supposed to be bad for you.

"High E plus C" is supposed to be the best natural deodorant with no petroleum or aluminum. the only negative part is it stops your swet. So going with a healthy (healfull ?) diet is a must.

INGREDIENTS: Rose Water, Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Natural Grain Alcohol, Calendula Oil, Vitamin E, Calamine Powder, Oils of Arnica Flower, Camomile, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Jasmine, Fir, Vanilla, Cedarwood and Rose.

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/product1.cf...t_id=082&cat=17

I haven't used it but people swear by it. Maybe Lozen can try and tell us.

Edited by Smile

I haven't used it but people swear by it. Maybe Lozen can try and tell us.

I've used Aubrey's. Doesn't work.

But again, we're talking me biking to work or driving to work without AC, in the desert, in the summer.

Sign in to follow this