goonis38

Politically Correct BS

Absolutely! See how even women are sick of feminized men now??? Even though that's how men have gotten brainwashed to believe it's what women want? Goonis38 should be commended for her brutal honesty here..

Saying that is nuts... :huh::lol:;)

Ralis,

I meant words filled with hate and vemon, not physical hate crimes per-se.

(although such can also cause damages)

So it's no surprize my misuse of the term was taken other than what I meant.

Om

3Bob, I've been telling you, and maybe the general audience for months now (at the risk of earning the wrath of the Anti-Arrogant-Asshole-Association, or "4A" - get it? Foray?) that if you introduce just a splash of precision into your writing you will be taken a lot more seriously and will take a lot less shit! If you don't, you will continue to compete for attention with these folks -

I think this forum has a great amount of positive energy coming from it... So the positive is out weighing the negative. I just need to concentrate on that as for myself. Keep in the threads that are positive and friendly. And if someone starts stalking and badgering me. I will move along. So I will do my part to try and avoid all this to the best that I can. I didn't reply to the guy that keep after me for days. And then I gave in, my mistake. I won't make it again...

Thanks my friends... Melanie

Mel, If it me that you keep alluding to (considering some of our very brief past posts) Then imo you need to get off your "poor me", and hounded victim charade and speak your beefs to me directly instead of what I'm hearing as your continued back stabbing and infantile attempts at druming up factional support for same by bouncing strangely sick and under-handed attacks about me off of other people. Otherwise I will respond as my right as long as you continue such.

Bob

I think that your attitude is fine in the near term. However, long term you will need to face your demons. You can't just keep running away forever. At the ultimate level of insight the demonic appearance of a stalker is a product of your own mind, and being afraid of stalkers is like being afraid of yourself, like being afraid of your own mind's functioning. This is a hard pill to swallow, but those who do swallow it, find great freedom, peace of mind, and confidence.

Imagine you have a favorite color and a color that you hate. What if you make your eye no longer able to see the color you hate? What if you make your eye see all the other colors as the hues of the one color you like the most? Do you know what I call that? I don't call it an improvement. I call it blindness.

Healthy senses can perceive the entire array of perception. Cutting pieces out of that array due to preferences leads to blindness and weakness. A skin that cannot sense pain is a numb skin. If you sometimes feel uncomfortable, that's only a sign that you're healthy and there is no need to immediately squash the discomfort or move away. And weakness developers because ultimately the mind is invincible and the array of perception cannot be curtailed, so the intent to curtail it results in failure along with a lot of heat and friction, which leads to weakness.

There is a way to manage perceptions and to avoid the worst sensations most of the time. But that way doesn't involve running at the first hint of negativity. That way involves developing tolerance and wisdom.

Hey there,

I'll tell you what I respect you and like the way you think. And you put things in a good way that are understandable. I see your point, but we are still left with a problem. There seems to be some Jr high clicks going on around here...

I am happy to stay and "fight the good fight" for justice and peace, but there are those that just wont have it. And I seem to not have a fair chance at it... I'm not very good at mind games, all I know is straight talk... And when the mind games start up I get nothing out of that so whats in that for me.

Now if you are talking about a person such as yourself. I would love to have a conversation with you. That will get somewhere. But yet there are those that you go around, and around, and end up in the same place. I would much rather talk to you, or the like...

Thank you for the advice, and I find it to be sound. But you must see my point on these others that all they want is a reaction. And I see where that got me... Mel

Absolutely! See how even women are sick of feminized men now??? Even though that's how men have gotten brainwashed to believe it's what women want? Goonis38 should be commended for her brutal honesty here..

Thanks Vortex... A man in the bunch...wub.gif

There is nothing I write on any forum that I wouldn't actually say to someone face to face.

If I start to take anything on any forum personally I know that I need to look at my own

state of mind for the answers to my unrest.

This is only an environment for an exchange of ideas. Every environment will always have

both good and bad ideas.

Our esteemed, benevolent, and mysteriously absent dictator has this to say:

Sean's Note on Profanity:

Thats cool... I had just been hounded and followed and pushed for at least two days before I gave into being so upset... I think some people are snicker about going about bugging people to death. I am straight out love and peace or straight out I don't like this shit...lol Ya know...

Lots of love Mel

3Bob, I've been telling you, and maybe the general audience for months now (at the risk of earning the wrath of the Anti-Arrogant-Asshole-Association, or "4A" - get it? Foray?) that if you introduce just a splash of precision into your writing you will be taken a lot more seriously and will take a lot less shit! If you don't, you will continue to compete for attention with these folks -

Lol Blasto,

I love the Gremlins... Bright light, bright light...To funny!! Mel

Thats cool... I had just been hounded and followed and pushed for at least two days before I gave into being so upset...

and if that happens again please hit report post. Then the moderators can focus on that, as opposed to your replys :)

Yes things can get heated here, (after all we do discuss religion and politics :lol:) and yes people have been known to follow others across topics. So if members feel hounded just let a moderator know and we will deal with it as best we can.

TTB is a big place now, we don't get a chance to read all the posts, so help us out and hit report.

(Since there was a Reservoir Dogs reference I'll even bring my razor :o)

and if that happens again please hit report post. Then the moderators can focus on that, as opposed to your replys :)

Yes things can get heated here, (after all we do discuss religion and politics :lol:) and yes people have been known to follow others across topics. So if members feel hounded just let a moderator know and we will deal with it as best we can.

TTB is a big place now, we don't get a chance to read all the posts, so help us out and hit report.

(Since there was a Reservoir Dogs reference I'll even bring my razor :o)

Thanks Mal,

I have said it once I am sorry for reacting to the problem... But I feel that I needed to defend myself and don't regret that, he had that coming and then some...

I didn't know I could get in touch with you guys, thank you for telling me that. I am a lover not a fighter...

But I'm not going to be pushed around either, but yes I would much rather hand it over to you and your team...

Thank you again for reaching out to me. I feel i can learn a lot from some good people here... And I also Feel i have had some good threads and ideas that have stayed at the top all month, so I'm not a complete wast of space...lol

Yea, Reservoir Dogs rule, Full Metal Jacket or better yet "Apocalypse Now Redux" got to love that. I'm an Army brat, Green bray dad... Was shooting since I was eight... I love a man to be a man, and a woman to be a woman... But it's nice to be taught to take care of yourself...

I'm glad you and your team are there though... Melaniewub.gif

Hey there,

I'll tell you what I respect you and like the way you think. And you put things in a good way that are understandable. I see your point, but we are still left with a problem. There seems to be some Jr high clicks going on around here...

You might be right about the cliques, but I don't detect any ominous vibes emanating from any cliques. Unless you criticize the leader of the clique, people just speak for themselves in my experience. If you dare criticize the leader, then yes, be ready for a chorus reply. :) But it comes with the territory.

I am happy to stay and "fight the good fight" for justice and peace, but there are those that just wont have it. And I seem to not have a fair chance at it... I'm not very good at mind games, all I know is straight talk... And when the mind games start up I get nothing out of that so whats in that for me.

Straight talk is actually very effective and piercing through all kinds of bullshit. It's especially effective when it comes down like a bolt of lightning, relaxes, comes down again, relaxes again, and just keeps coming, not too often, but never stopping. Since you are allowed to take naps and breaks, you can continue to speak for justice and peace for a long time. Why would you expect yourself to finish the job in one or two days? You can say something one day, then take a break. Then come back and continue where you have left off. When you get tired, leave, recharge and come back. The mindset for this, if you want to succeed, is not that of a sprint, it's a marathon.

I'm not trying to say you have to say something or avoid saying something. I trust you know what you want to do. I am just saying if you do want to fight for peace, you don't have to discount yourself. You can do it. You can be the Joan of Arc if you like. It just takes patience, a steady and constant heart, and lots and lots of naps. :)

Now if you are talking about a person such as yourself. I would love to have a conversation with you. That will get somewhere. But yet there are those that you go around, and around, and end up in the same place. I would much rather talk to you, or the like...

Thank you for the advice, and I find it to be sound. But you must see my point on these others that all they want is a reaction. And I see where that got me... Mel

I am not exactly hiding. :) If I am absent, it's because I got caught up in some other stuff. It's not because I am avoiding Taobums on purpose. Oh, and I got to have my naps... I love me my naps. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

You might be right about the cliques, but I don't detect any ominous vibes emanating from any cliques. Unless you criticize the leader of the clique, people just speak for themselves in my experience. If you dare criticize the leader, then yes, be ready for a chorus reply. :) But it comes with the territory.

Straight talk is actually very effective and piercing through all kinds of bullshit. It's especially effective when it comes down like a bolt of lightning, relaxes, comes down again, relaxes again, and just keeps coming, not too often, but never stopping. Since you are allowed to take naps and breaks, you can continue to speak for justice and peace for a long time. Why would you expect yourself to finish the job in one or two days? You can say something one day, then take a break. Then come back and continue where you have left off. When you get tired, leave, recharge and come back. The mindset for this, if you want to succeed, is not that of a sprint, it's a marathon.

I'm not trying to say you have to say something or avoid saying something. I trust you know what you want to do. I am just saying if you do want to fight for peace, you don't have to discount yourself. You can do it. You can be the Joan of Arc if you like. It just takes patience, a steady and constant heart, and lots and lots of naps. :)

I am not exactly hiding. :) If I am absent, it's because I got caught up in some other stuff. It's not because I am avoiding Taobums on purpose. Oh, and I got to have my naps... I love me my naps. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz

Hey there,

I get ya... I only will fight the good fight for a good reason and a person that has some use to me or something that matters to me...

Any how this thread is just another thought for us all... I need to get back to things that are of more importance to me like. OBE and mediation and yes naps, me too...

Take care friend Mel

Indignation lacks observation... the heart of real spirituality.

Seems to be an unknown part that people tend to overlook.

While I agree with what you're saying, you have to remember that different people have different communication styles. There are some people who naturally swear a lot and who are at the same time quite refined intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. Some people think that swearing is really not that big of a deal. I am one of those people. I also like to swear from time to time.

So be careful CowTow what you ask for. I have respect you over the years on this forum, and I believe you've at least respect some of the things I said as well. So know this -- your kind of talk has the potential to alienate you from people like me.

I detest those who demand perfect decorum at all times. I'll go further. I detest those who prize decorum as a big value in general. I do value decorum, but on the list of values, it is nowhere near the top. It would be lucky to even reach the middle of my list. I think decorum actively interferes in discussion more often than it helps. I also think people are naturally reasonable with their choice of words most of the times, and the few times they do curse, they've had a reason to, and it's best to just listen up.

While you are preaching on the morality of talking, you should preach on the morality of listening too. It's a flawed and immoral listener who only wants to hear the sweet sounds. Real listeners hear the curses, the growls, the gnashing of teeth, they hear it all. They don't filter and they don't demand the world to begin filtering itself for their benefit.

It sure as fuck helps to use the words to come to your mind at times. The fact that we can't tolerate things like this is a flaw in us.

Its nice of you to offer such an elaborate response GiH. Not sure if it was deserving, but thanks all the same. Not sure too if i was actually 'preaching' - i see my contributions mostly as reflections directed back to me to address my own failings. We teach best what we need to learn, as the cliched saying goes. Not sure about others, but most times when i respond to posts its nearly always based on lessons i want and need to learn for myself. So it sounds a bit selfish, but at the end of the day, i sleep better (i love naps too btw :D ) because the possibility for hypocrisy to arise is lessened.

Three things i got from your post:

1/ Tis unwise to let one's moral values turn to judgements. That means the values have overtaken oneself. When this happens, they become hurdles, stumbling blocks, hindrances.They have the potential then to cause one to fall flat on one's face.

2/ Most times, on forums of a similar nature to this one, there are many 'elevators with no doors'. If one demands too much watchfulness for decorum, that could blind one's mindfulness of what is at hand, and one could easily miss a step and not see that the elevator has yet to arrive, and as a dire consequence, find one falling down the shaft.

3/ Its not advisable to ride a horse that is a few inches too tall. Always look to ride one that fits one's stature.

In all 3 instances, one could easily die, and friends/acquaintances from TTB would not be bringing flowers to one's grave. That would be quite an unsatisfactory ending indeed.

Once again, thanks for the tips.

:)

Edited by CowTao

This topic made me re-evaluate the Taobums. I realize I do have many good abilities but I might not be what a teacher needs to pass on extra teachings to.

I realize I will never be as good as I want to be, and there are many people who are still stuck holding on to old ideas and concepts. I must move on. It is not helping me or anyone else.

. I'm not very good at mind games, all I know is straight talk...

Have you ever considered the possibility that you are not the only person on this forum who practices 'straight talking'?

I get the feeling you detest being told that some of your views could do with some polishing, and you take such observations as attacks, when in actual fact they are not.If you think that you can be 'harmed' by the words that fly off of your computer screen, then you might consider spending less time on forums of this nature. There is nothing personal here - we are all here as potential only - none of us exist - and no one from this site is going to be looking menacingly thru the window of your house, nor i think will anyone here be delivering you a bunch of flowers in person either.

You mentioned in one of your other posts that you learn a lot from the 'nice' folks here, and abhor those that seem to have some kind of bad agenda towards you. You then imagine there's cliques and other conspiracies against you. This takes some imagination. It appears you only see the reality that you want to see. Well, often the reality that you can see is not the real reality. Even on this board its the same - you only see what is on the surface, and then you take people's words as a kind of real measurement of whether they are a 'nice' person or a 'nasty' one. I am wondering if this is really helpful to you in the long run. As Gold said, if you want to survive here, it might serve you well to prepare for a marathon, or you might find yourself drained and fizzled out in no time.

You might also reconsider, if learning is your main priority, especially if this learning means knowing more about yourself, that in truth we actually learn more quickly about the nature of fire when we get burned by it rather than simply living under the illusion that all fire does is keep us warm. What this means is that sometimes we learn more from our perceived adversaries than from our perceived friends. Just reflect on this for a second: If you were to ask a drug addict who first taught him/her to use drugs, what do you think the likely answer would be? Sometimes in life we get held down and held back more by our friends than by those who are not our friends.

Forbearance has little or nothing to do with putting up with the BS and the evils you perceive that's in the outside world or in the world of this wonderful board - its a measure of how far you would go to be truthful to yourself, and to what extent you are willing to allow room enough to see that others too have their own 'truths', and then be willing to find some common ground where each other's 'truth' can interact peacefully, or with as little conflict as possible.

Then we have a chance to grow and promote the kind of ideal that most of us here in TTB strive to do to the best of our abilities. This is a great place for sharing ideas, and learning about the various frailties and pitfalls, and with a bit of luck, maybe pick up some wise advise here and there about how to empty out little stones that inadvertently get caught in our shoes as we walk along the spiritual path. As long as we do not imagine these little pebbles to be bigger than what they actually are, we ought to be quite alright.

Whatever it is, however you proceed, just be very mindful and be ever watchful as each step comes along.

Edited by CowTao

Actually, there are some excellent words of wisdom being presented in this thread and for this reason I will point out that there are always lessons to learned in nearly any situation and condition. True, sometimes we don't like the way the lessons are presented but that's life.

Actually, there are some excellent words of wisdom being presented in this thread and for this reason I will point out that there are always lessons to learned in nearly any situation and condition. True, sometimes we don't like the way the lessons are presented but that's life.

"True, sometimes we don't like the way the lessons are presented but that's life". :o;)B)

Edited by 3bob

I am not a statesman nor do I care to be. I like people who talk straight and if they toss in a few insults to get their point across that's fine too. I think people today are quite thin-skinned. Some of my best friends have been people who can express themselves without holding back, insults and expletives included.

I am not a statesman nor do I care to be. I like people who talk straight and if they toss in a few insults to get their point across that's fine too. I think people today are quite thin-skinned. Some of my best friends have been people who can express themselves without holding back, insults and expletives included.

I've come to believe that our speech patterns evolve over time, reflecting our changes of consciousness. My wife, who is 18 years younger than me, makes this clear. We were both shy as kids and spoke little. Then we began to speak up for ourselves and the word faucet got stuck open. This is followed by the ability to speak with precision and mastery. Then there comes a period of refinement and an ability to say more by speaking less. If you take Taoism and Buddhism seriously, you'll eventually value the ability to express compassion above all, and to practice the tenets of Right Speech, cultivating the willingness to abstain from any harsh speech at all, even if it may be true. I'm not there.

I'm constantly wondering why the hell I don't put my fucking keys in the keybowl and avoid the fucking shitstorm of looking for them every time I have to go out and deal with all those assholes on the Los Angeles freeways. Feels good now. Eventually, it may not be so deeply satisfying, and I'll be content with silence.

I'm constantly wondering ...

Funny. Hehehe. I truncated your paragraph in order to not repeat all those special words.

Although I believe we should always make our speech courteous and polite, I believe all kinds of speech/views should be allowed to exist, even if it is filled with poison and hatred. At the end of the day it is only you who allows yourself to be hurt by words. Instead of opposing someones views, analyze their words and most importantly analyze yourself instead of taking someones verbal jab personally.

Although I believe we should always make our speech courteous and polite, I believe all kinds of speech/views should be allowed to exist, even if it is filled with poison and hatred. At the end of the day it is only you who allows yourself to be hurt by words. Instead of opposing someones views, analyze their words and most importantly analyze yourself instead of taking someones verbal jab personally.

Surely you have watched speechs given by A. Hitler and the like?

Not much to much to analyze about while you and millions of others fight or run from being murdered.

So imo it is not a matter of hate being allowed to exist, but cases of it being countered, or returned to the sender in ways that will hopefully bring about reason.

Om

This is a forum, and forums focus on discussion. Thus, we must all remember that there are plenty of people here, and they will all have something different to say about something that you personally feel strongly about. If you can't take that someone else openly dislikes your ideas, then you have a lot of options.

I love the way Goldisheavy thinks, so I'd say go back and look at his posts. You'll find a lot of valuable ideas.

I don't know if this makes any sense, but, fear and anger and hurt are not a reaction to a stimuli. They are a secondary, physical response to your primary, mental reaction to a stimuli. That primary reaction is a lot more subtle than the latter, and it's hard to feel, but if you calm it and nurture it I don't think you will have as much emotional reaction to a simple forum post.

Btw, a certain internet law ^above post^ was just given even further support. :lol:

Edited by Capital