Gauss

Falun Dafa thread - open discussion...

Perhaps there is a slight language thing here, but you still speak as if the act of interracial marriage, sex, etc. is a warped behaviour, even though the child is not at fault for being born to interracial parents.

Your word choices in this post also point to a deeply embedded racism, and I'm sure most if not all of the many intelligent people on this site can see them quite easily by the way the sentences follow.

There are prejudiced and ignorant people all over the world. I already know this. For some reason they are so unwilling to realize their inconsistencies and do something about it.

You insist on labelling me as disliking interracial marriage and mixed race people. You also label me as a racist no matter what I write. Is it not my Master who knows what I like or dislike in my heart? And if I like or dislike something in my heart, is it not an attachment that must be eradicated anyway in my cultivation?

I can tell you that I know a Dafa cultivator who is half white, half black and he is married to someone who is something like latin/middle east.... He is also very well educated like many other Dafa practitioners and his IQ is not low either. Do you think he would practice Dafa if it was not righteous?...

You are welcome anyway and as a Falun Dafa cultivator I am asked to happily accept everyday society and all kinds of people. I must thank you for your perseverance on this matter, I may test my "Ren" here and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

What Falun Dafa is talking about is the principle of Zhen-Shan-Ren, and you are asked to turn to "Shan" - goodness in daily life. This principle is said to be the highest law of the universe and if a person assimilates to that principle he will attain the "Dao".

Falun Dafa is the fastest growing spiritual movement ever during this civilization. Also it would not have been persecuted if it was unrighteous. If something genuinely positive like FD is created the universe will automatically create something bad to oppose it. This is the automatic principle of Yin-Yang(electron-proton in physics) that all Dafa cultivators must live with. We can see it very clearly here, can´t we?

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

Edited by Gauss

Falun Dafa makes even the catholic church sound open minded! I mean seriously, why is such homophobia being tolerated here? I may not know about homosexuality first hand but there are several gay men and women in my Sangha and they are as compassionate and wise as us if not more in most cases. To equate them with liars, thieves, adulterers and murderers is nothing less than racism of sorts.

Now doesn't Falun Dafa claim itself to be based on Buddhism? Even the Dalai Lama has changed his position on homosexuality off late, even if it is for political reason.

I am offering my truth and I am not offering you any money! Why should I? :ninja:

Falun Dafa has strict rules for their disciples that are in line with the highest principles of the universe. Our Master, Li Hongzhi, has defined which actions create (black)karma in other dimensions and those actions we avoid in order to be able to reach a higher cultivation level. If we accumulate black karma in other dimensions how could we ascend and become purer and purer? Black karma can only be eliminated by suffering and if we suffer too much we can not cultivate. As for homosexuality it is said it violates the principle of Yin-Yang in other dimensions.

Whatever other people do is fine to us. In fact we try to be tolerant and kind to all kinds of people in all situations, how else could we be compassionate and unattached to worldly matters? So if some actions(ie homosexuality) is popular in today´s society, in modern religions, sects or in other organizations that is fine with us. We just don´t do those actions ourselves because we want to cultivate towards high levels.

Falun Dafa belongs to the Buddha school but who dictates the rules of the Buddha school? Is it everyday people or is it the laws of the universe?

Can a school become a righteous Buddha law school just because some person states that his school belongs to the Buddha school and he agrees with modern society´s laws and regulations? Must not a Buddha Law school assimilate itself to the laws of the universe to be able to call itself a Buddha Law School?

Buddhism states that everyday society is an illusion, I agree with that statement.

Just my two cents at my wisdom level, no truth offered whatsoever.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

Edited by Gauss

Over to something else and very uplifting.

Nostradamus calls the Lord of Lords different names in his quatrains:

"Chiren Selin" and "Libra" are two names frequently used.

As for ChiRen SeLiN I believe it means: Chi(Qi)Ren(Tolerance, Endurance, Patience in Chinese) Se("Watch" in Swedish)Li(obvious)N(means One or The One in Swedish). FD has Zhen-Shan-Ren as its highest principle and of course FD is Qi Gong at the highest level. "Qi-Ren Watch Li The One" - this should be the essence of Nostradamus words.

So Nostradamus points out in Chinese(FD was spread from China) and Swedish(Falun is in Sweden) who is the Lord of Lords in his quatrains. Pretty intricate and amazing stuff in retrospective.

The second name used by Nostradamus is Libra and it means "Balance" in Latin and in Swedish "Li-Good".

As for Scandinavian mythology there are several names for the Lord of Lords:

Heimdal, Heimdali, Heimdallr, Heimdall etc. All these names are themes on Home-Valley(s) and Home-Valley-Li. The Valleys in Sweden is a region and its capital is the city of Falun.... Incredible. So one of the names used, Heimdali, gives the whole answer about the Lord of Lords: Falun-Li.

Then there are other names such as Gullintanne and Hallinskide used in Scandinavian mythology.

Hallinskide becomes Hall-Li-N-Ski-De. Hall of Li(like the heaven of "Valhall") meaning "Li´s Heaven".

Hall-Li-N(the One)-Ski(Qi-energy)-De(virtue in Chinese) becomes "Li the One´s Heaven - Qi(energy) and Virtue" - an incredibly refined and simple etymology at the same time.

Gullintanne becomes Gul(yellow in Swedish, Li is Chinese and always dressed in a yellow practice suit)-Li-N(the one)-Tan(Tao reference?)-Ne(Born in Latin/French?).

Incredibly obvious again no matter what the two last parts(Tan-Ne) mean.. Note that the old highest God in Scandinavia was called "Wotan" - an obvious reference to China and Daoism.

Edited by Gauss

Gauss, let me ask a question...Can you be considered a Falun Dafa member if you think there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, all people go to the same afterlife, and the founder isn't the highest being known to man? Genuinely curious.

It seems to me that half of what Li Hongzi says comes directly from his heart and the other half comes directly from his backside.

• Like 1

It seems to me that half of what Li Hongzi says comes directly from his heart and the other half comes directly from his backside.

LOL, what a funny thread that I have accidentally stumbled myself upon! :lol:

Just my 1/2 cent, no truth offered whatsoever! :lol:

I think you got it half right. It's all about the Falun right? It's an orbit, what comes from his heart goes back in through the backside and that coming out of his backside enters the heart. A continuous orbit that spins for eternity. This is the secret of Falun :D

Just my two and a half cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

Gauss, let me ask a question...Can you be considered a Falun Dafa member if you think there's nothing wrong with homosexuality, all people go to the same afterlife, and the founder isn't the highest being known to man? Genuinely curious.

There is no "membership" in Falun Dafa. There are genuine Falun Dafa cultivators and it is only Master Li who can judge who is a genuine cultivator and not. Just because I say I am a genuine Dafa cultivator that does not mean I really am one.

In fact I would guess that a genuine Dafa cultivator already reached minimum Gong level 6 or 7(seventh heaven of the religion, equivalent to the high level of in triple world cultivation) and can enter into real Ding during double Lotus meditation. That is what my gut instinct tells me and no truth whatsoever. For some people that standard may be very hard to reach in one lifetime. If someone has massive karma and hence a poor inborn quality one must be particularly strong to be able to pull through to that level I believe.

All people absolutely will not go to the same afterlife, you know there is a reincarnation cycle and an immortal status for the very best cultivators. Where people end up depend on their actions in life, how much karma they have and how many attachments they have. If they want to improve or not, if they have faith or not etc.

As mentioned before homosexuality violates the Yin-Yang principle of the universe so as a genuine FD cultivator you would not want to go in that direction since you would accumulate karma.

About Li Hongzhi, as a genuine cultivator you will know in your heart who he is.

And I really do believe, at this stage, that the most important thing is that people know that FD exists and that it is a good thing. That will make a huge difference to them in the near future.

Edited by Gauss

As mentioned before homosexuality violates the Yin-Yang principle of the universe so as a genuine FD cultivator you would not want to go in that direction since you would accumulate karma.

Oh dear. This is ignorance and bigotry of the highest order.

Whatever happened to your 'Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance' that you constantly parrot.

Seems like double standards. You obviously don't practice what you preach.

Just my two pence (I'm English !). No truth offered whatsoever. :D

Oh dear. This is ignorance and bigotry of the highest order.

Whatever happened to your 'Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance' that you constantly parrot.

Seems like double standards. You obviously don't practice what you preach.

Just my two pence (I'm English !). No truth offered whatsoever. :D

uuhhmm actually it's not double standard. Gauss stated his opinion without sarcasm many times on this issue and also showed tolerance by not forcing people to act in a certain way or forcing his views on anyone.

Regarding the `2 cent , no truth offered whatsoever' statement that's been played around by some of you. Looks like Snell's law probably be in full effect with a low refractive index for the medium where you are processing information, causing a total reflection. Where's all the Omega-3s going with all the fish-n-chips? What Gauss is trying to say just doesn't get there I guess.. Well, enough joking... In all, no problem, since I'm also like that at times, and probably need to be reminded with a "2 X 4" (hint:lumbar) on the head to be reminded of things sometimes. :)

If I say the sky is blue when it's noon, with no clouds, that would be still based on 'my' current eye-sight, vision, understanding, interpretation,pre-cognitive knowledge, perception etc. But is it really blue? 'No truth offered whatsoever' comes into the picture here.

Gauss, I feel that you haven't asked for this, or set this up intentionally. But you may want to start thinking about thanking to our such community members here for the De transfer.

Edited by levo
  • Like 1

Gauss, I feel that you haven't asked for this, or set this up intentionally. But you may want to start thinking about thanking to our such community members here for the De transfer.

This is all set up intentionally so he can practice his forbearance, that much is obvious, whether he would admit it or even realise it consciously is another matter. It's the common FD way which you see all the time, they intentionally provoke criticism then sit back and thank their criticisers for helping them practice, but I doubt such contrivance and manipulation can really benefit you when you set the situation up yourself.

Regarding Falun and Li Hongzhi:

They don't follow the way described in the tao te ching. They may perform some actions derived from qi gong, but other than that, it has nothing to do with taoism. I'd add, it's directly counter to the useful taoist way in major aspects. Really only useful if you want to suffer.

As for which is more of a cult, the Chinese government or Hongzhi... they both are. Chinese government exerts forceful jurisdiction over all in the land, while Falun uses the softer control tactics of doomsday prophecy, psychological tactics and shunning. At least you can ignore Falun if you live in China.

All forms of government seek to gain control at the expense of compassion.

Edited by jeshopk
  • Like 3

Regarding Falun and Li Hongzhi:

They don't follow the way described in the tao te ching. They may perform some actions derived from qi gong, but other than that, it has nothing to do with taoism. I'd add, it's directly counter to the useful taoist way in major aspects. Really only useful if you want to suffer.

As for which is more of a cult, the Chinese government or Hongzhi... they both are. Chinese government exerts forceful jurisdiction over all in the land, while Falun uses the softer control tactics of doomsday prophecy, psychological tactics and shunning. At least you can ignore Falun if you live in China.

All forms of government seek to gain control at the expense of compassion.

Falun Dafa is about Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life. As for doomsday Falun Dafa practitioners say that if you just know that Falun Dafa exists and that it is good, you will get lucky. We ask for nothing from anyone, there is no money involved and there is no membership. If you ask me Falun Dafa is the pure land of this world, the positive force in this world balancing the dark side of society.

Just my two cents.

hello, I have another question regarding falun gong.

I just started practicing a couple of months ago and so far i'm really impressed with the results i have. This is by the way the first system i practice and first practice of chi gong in general.

Aside from the controversial parts like the somewhat "crazy" beliefs and cult like following for Li Hongzhi, it's more something else i'd like some info about that has'nt been covered so much here aside from a couple of posts.

So i'm most curious about this falun that is being placed or grows in your dantien. I don't really know what to make of it. Don't want to believe with without critical thinking and i also don't want to reject it right away because it's not familiar to my belief system.

But i do have the thought i maybe should be careful with letting an interdimensional alien or something growing in my belly :) Also i read here somewhere this is a malevolent entity, so if there are people out here who know more about this stuff your information or viewpoints would much apreciated.

greets

roteff....

"So i'm most curious about this falun that is being placed or grows in your dantien. I don't really know what to make of it."

This is just all talks. Chi Kung is Chi Kung. When somebody put a modifier in front of it, somebody will say whatever that is will be in your dan tian. Don't worry, you will not be placed or grown something in you abdomen.

Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they choose to believe and the Chinese Government does seem to have been particularly hard on the Falun Gong.

They put everything out on the internet, all the moves are there for free and from what I have seen it's pretty standard stuff.

If it does no good then it'll do no harm.

I did have some contact with an English Falun Dafa devotee though. She wanted to run free classes in our centre. Now she was half way between Dagenham & Romford (i.e. Barking). A complete fruit loop. That said she'd probably have been just as barmy whichever cult she belonged to.

Everyone is entitled to believe whatever they choose to believe and the Chinese Government does seem to have been particularly hard on the Falun Gong.

They put everything out on the internet, all the moves are there for free and from what I have seen it's pretty standard stuff.

If it does no good then it'll do no harm.

I did have some contact with an English Falun Dafa devotee though. She wanted to run free classes in our centre. Now she was half way between Dagenham & Romford (i.e. Barking). A complete fruit loop. That said she'd probably have been just as barmy whichever cult she belonged to.

Was just thinking... if she was halfways between Dagenham and Romford (Barking... ), she could not really be a complete fruit loop, or could she? :D:P:D

Early 90s... I lived for a couple of years in Upney, just up from Barking. Nice little place, with nothing to do, but watch the cemetery from my room. I remember, during the 2 winters i was there, that it was rather captivating, in an almost solemn sort of way. Then there was Mr Patel, the shopkeeper, who was a really nice man, and Lizzy, the greengrocer's daughter, she was the prettiest gal on the block. Mr Patel always kept aside 2 tins of condensed milk cos he knows i desperately depend on the stuff just to make the coffee real tasty. Hmm... memories. :)

• Like 1

We managed two years in Westcliffe [southend with a posh accent]. They didn't bury the dead there just propped them up in bus shelters.

That Falun Gong woman was several fries short of a happy meal. Free QiGong classes for the masses and totally lost it when we explained that to open up, pay for the lighting and heating plus the caretaker's wages for being on site during her sessions we had to charge her a small rent for the room as we do for everyone [£15 an hour it was then]. She went from pleasant to psycho faster than prunes through a short grandmother.

Not the happiest of ambassadors for the Falun Dafa.

We managed two years in Westcliffe [southend with a posh accent]. They didn't bury the dead there just propped them up in bus shelters.

That Falun Gong woman was several fries short of a happy meal. Free QiGong classes for the masses and totally lost it when we explained that to open up, pay for the lighting and heating plus the caretaker's wages for being on site during her sessions we had to charge her a small rent for the room as we do for everyone [£15 an hour it was then]. She went from pleasant to psycho faster than prunes through a short grandmother.

Not the happiest of ambassadors for the Falun Dafa.

15 pounds for an hour!? That seems like a rather reasonable rate to me, especially if you're only doing weekly courses.

That's for room rental only. I think it is £20 now. Our own classes are £5-00 per person per class, £3-00 for members, half day workshops are £10-00 including refreshments. It's a not for profit centre but we need to make enough to pay the overheads. All the teachers are volunteers on expenses only.

• Like 1

Yeah, even room rental only, and even at 20 lbs (lol I'm too lazy to look up how to make the symbol) it's still not bad. I can see a lot of places charging a lot more than that.

I think all of the prices you listed are pretty darn reasonable. Exactly what I'd expect from a non-prof.