Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

Hello from Montreal

Hello everyone

I happened upon this site when reading about some nutrition things and was pleased to find so many other people with an interest in Taoism, some with quite a bit of training as well.

I've been doing personal 'research' into Taoism for about 15 years, picking up all the classics I could find at libraries and book stores - further inspired by the fact that many of them have been unavailable to the masses until about 60 years ago, especially in English!

Other areas of interest for me include natural health and healing (nutrition, herbalism, traditional therapies and treatments), Aboriginal mysticism, Music, and Poetry (of the upper and lower case varieties).

I look forward to finding out about some more books to pick up (already started a couple I learned about on here) and sharing wherever it might be helpful.

Cheers!

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

The 'bums welcome Harmonious Emptiness :D

Among other things you may enjoy the upper and lower case poetry of our haiku thread

Hope you have fun here :)

Montreal's a nice city.

A lot of great books have come out even in the last 5 years, and authors like Jwing-Ming Yang are even doing their best as we speak trying to obtain rare editions for translation/interpretation.

Welcome!

The 'bums welcome Harmonious Emptiness :D

Among other things you may enjoy the upper and lower case poetry of our haiku thread

Hope you have fun here :)

Thanks for the tip - trying to find it..

Montreal's a nice city.

A lot of great books have come out even in the last 5 years, and authors like Jwing-Ming Yang are even doing their best as we speak trying to obtain rare editions for translation/interpretation.

Welcome!

Thank you

Yes I have been seeing a lot of new translations popping up.

I read "Qi Gong Massage" by Jwing-Ming Yang and really appreciated his explanation of a lot of concepts, so his translations would surely be great. I read mostly the philosophical texts, however. Any idea what he might be working on? Or websites with more info?

Best

Harmonious Emptiness: YJM is working on Grand Circulation, the third of his meditation series. his website is ymaa.com

it is too bad his retreats are way in California and quite pricey

Sign in to follow this