Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Poll - How is your "Wing Point"?

5 members have voted

1. 1. How is your T-5 point? Reach around and massage it, how does it feel?

• Perfectly open and flowing/blissful
    • It feels well
    • neutral
    • it has seen better days
    • ouch!

I voted "ouch" ... I have some issues with this point (GV 11) that I discovered by exploring repetitive soreness post BJJ training that I kept experiencing most intensely at GV 14 (C7). Through meditation and explorations like Cardio-Muscular Release I identified GV 11 as the real source of my recurring C7 pain. Intuitively I believe it can be a hiding place for sadness (at least this is what I think is happening in my case), but traditionally I think issues here are identified with anxiety, insomnia, poor memory, confusion.

Sean

Show us a picture - where is it? what does it mean? what's it supposed to do?

Well I have done a bit of reading on the point. The thick awaken healing light book recommends patience in opening it...it is a point I have had issues with ever since entering the HT studies, the Transform Stress book shows it as a point on the orbit, which it is, but one to be skipped over by those first starting the meditations. It is a VERY volatile point bing connected to the center of the heart.

It is a point that requires much wisdom to open safely.

But when it is open, wow!

Thoracic vertebre 5, start at the big vertebret at the base of the neck, thats C7 then count starting at the one below that up to five, the fifth one is the one we are talking about.

But when it is open, wow!

Were there tears, GrandTrinity? I sense tears there for me.

Interesting. When I got my chi roller, it was the sorest place on my back. As all you CR afficionados know, one gets less sore with more rolling, now it's about the same as the rest of my back.

Were there tears, GrandTrinity? I sense tears there for me.

I never had a full body massage...I think to really be a meditator one needs regular shiatsu treatment.

Now that I have learned about all the way up to sealing the senses and congress, I see that in order to meditate the structure just has to be in alignment firstly...I think this shows the importance of the work of Saul Goodman and his int'l Shiatsu school...

Oh yeah for sure this point is crying out for my attention. I do have chi roller thing and this is what helped bring my attention to the problem area...every day with continued conciousness on this point and massage of it by reaching back, it feels better, slowly.

It is forcing me to realize things, too, about wings...quetzalcoatle, caduceus, hermes, kundalini...this is all the same symbol...the flying serpent...

I started writing a paper on a bunch of this stuff I been studying...

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/intelligence

If anyone has time to check it out, feel free to give me some feedback!

i'm keen to get back to thailand so i can get regular (weekly?) massages for so cheap :D:D

I gotta move to Thailand!

I gotta move to Thailand!

...I met this really hot girl who is now studying qigong and was talking about moving there...to go or not to go, that is the question

if you do, let me know we can hook up.

i'll be heading there in september and intend to stay at least 6 months at this point.... am gonna relax, train, write, get lots of massages and pursue hot thai girls and backpackers ;)

The Governing vessel is like a mop handle for me at the moment. It's it's made of wood and no electricity can pass through it!

Seriously it's dead as a door knob. It's my sticking point at the moment.

The Conception veesel is great, all the dantiens are glowing if I work on them, and pretty much anything in between on the front. But anything after the Jing Gong like CV1 all the way to the GV24, I cannot feel at all. The strange thing is my feet are open to the flow, great glowing heat at the K1, toes ankles even. My hands are good too and the flow to them and to my feet can be done at will.

BUT the GV is dead.

I've tried all manner of stretches, spinal alignment. Tai Chi Chuan really hepled me liven my hands and feet but not GV. I know I'm missing something really basic but what?

(I could probably do what I done before but it was dangerous to my health. Described in one of my earlier posts).

I'd greatly appreciate any advice from the seasoned taobums?

The Governing vessel is like a mop handle for me at the moment. It's it's made of wood and no electricity can pass through it!

I've tried all manner of stretches, spinal alignment. Tai Chi Chuan really hepled me liven my hands and feet but not GV. I know I'm missing something really basic but what?

I'd greatly appreciate any advice from the seasoned taobums?

Well I'll tell you something I've been doing lately that really gets me feeling my whole GV; seated forward bends, but a bit differently than usual, I'm doing them Yin Yoga style. Sit with your torso at 90 degrees to your legs, then let your head drop down so you feel a stretch in your neck as your head hangs. Just let your head and neck go and really let it hang. I was surprised to feel pain in just this part of the stretch. Then slowly lean forward until you feel the stretch in your legs and your back. Relax relax relax. Just hang out in the stretch for about 5 minutes (set a timer), staying present in your body softly and only letting yourself move when your muscles naturally relax. See if you can feel the connection from the bottom of your feet, up the back of the legs, through the sacrum, up the whole spine (GV) and up through the center of the brain to the third eye ... it's like this throbbing energetic cord. For me, this meditation has this whole back channel vibrating and tingling with energy; pretty intense.

Sean

Thanks Sean I'll try that.

No problem, and I'd love to hear how it goes. Lemme know if you want a practice journal and I'll set one up for you.

Sean

Another thing to try is a kriya I heard Winn talk about. Simply bring the enrgy up the spine to each point on the orbit then back down, up and down, up and down.

Another thing to try is a kriya I heard Winn talk about. Simply bring the enrgy up the spine to each point on the orbit then back down, up and down, up and down.

I'll have to spend some time on this, I can't feel any energy past the CV1 at the moment.

(MMMMmmm...... Practice Journal...Sean any chance please?)

Sign in to follow this