Sign in to follow this  
Machin Shin

Shambala buddhism in Rusia

No good guru

Last year Trinlay Thaye Dorje did a small trip through Russia to tie up the white tara cycles. I see this article as a result of those teachings.

What?

Yes, it appears that Konstantin Rudnev is a no good guru indeed, but it is extremely unlikely that he has anything to do with Trinley Thaye Dorje nor is Trinley Thaye Dorje a Shambhala Buddhist.

I would not normally defend Shambhala Buddhism as I dislike it, but it is unfair to slander it using false associations.

Edited by koyanishi

As one of the Karmapa's He has some serious work to do. At the beginning of last century the High Lama's saw the Romanov Family as an Emanation of White Tara and sent several lama's to Russia to teach Shambala Buddhism. This was from 1890's~1930's.

Things have ended and new things have started.

As one of the Karmapa's He has some serious work to do. At the beginning of last century the High Lama's saw the Romanov Family as an Emanation of White Tara and sent several lama's to Russia to teach Shambala Buddhism. This was from 1890's~1930's.

Things have ended and new things have started.

I doubt that since what you call Shambhala Buddhism is Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's creation (perhaps it was a terma teaching of his, not sure). He wasn't around that far back.

Not to mention there is absolutely no apparent connection with that, the Karmapa or Buddhism in general in that article. Just some strange connection you made up, which you seem to be fond of doing.

A self-proclaimed alien from the star Sirius

Rudnev, who claimed to be an alien sent to Earth to enlighten mankind, combined Oriental esoterica and the writings of Carlos Castaneda with elements of yoga and shamanism in his teaching, investigators said.

Hm yes, obviously Buddhism. :rolleyes:

I doubt that since what you call Shambhala Buddhism is Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's creation (perhaps it was a terma teaching of his, not sure). He wasn't around that far back.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche did not create Shambhala Buddhism. That is the creation of his successor Miphan Rinpoche.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche taught Buddhism and he also did develop Shambhala teachings, which he called a secular system, that is more related to shamanism or Shinto than to Buddhism, on the basis of a vision(s) he received (not sure that can formally be termed terma). But he clearly taught these two as separate systems. It is Miphan Rinpoche who has mismashed this two systems into one religion and called it Shambhala Buddhism.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche did not create Shambhala Buddhism. That is the creation of his successor Miphan Rinpoche.

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche taught Buddhism and he also did develop Shambhala teachings, which he called a secular system, that is more related to shamanism or Shinto than to Buddhism, on the basis of a vision(s) he received (not sure that can formally be termed terma). But he clearly taught these two as separate systems. It is Miphan Rinpoche who has mismashed this two systems into one religion and called it Shambhala Buddhism.

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation.

The connection would be the practice of Kalachakra, which is whence Shambala is created and was created by Buddha Shakyamuni. Since time is in all things the connection is valid. The Trungpa Tulkus have been helping the Karmapa for a couple centuries now, and with Mipham Rinpoche as a throne holder or Sakyong it would be time for the Karmapa's to do their work in the America's. As is stated in the king of concentration sutra. I imagine that it will be the 18th Karmapa that is to do this.

The connection would be the practice of Kalachakra, which is whence Shambala is created and was created by Buddha Shakyamuni. Since time is in all things the connection is valid.

I can't believe you're being serious.

Sign in to follow this