Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

Onmyōdō

Anyone know anything about any practices from onmyodo? Seems really hard to find any information (in English on the internet, anyway :P) about this practice, other than legends and folklore. That, and the kuji-in keep popping up (where DON'T they pop up? :P)

I know that Japan had a rather interesting mixture of both indigenous traditions and traditions from outside the country, but most reliable stuff I seem to find from onmyodo is really just more easily accessible Buddhist practices which are analogous in some instances with tales of onmyodo practices.

Anything interesting would be much appreciated ^_^

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

And i tought this would be on one of the many animes that japan has about this religious practice.

But really all I know is that it is a mix of taoist and japanese thought. And the fact that japan just recently made it so this practice was not illegal anymore. But that is all i know.

Have you seen the Japanese supernatural thriller 'Onmyoji'? If not you might find it quite interesting. Demons, Sorcerers, Magic... and Onmyodo aka The Yin Yang Master!

YT trailer:

Enjoy! :)

Edited by CowTao

Have you seen the Japanese supernatural thriller 'Onmyoji'? If not you might find it quite interesting. Demons, Sorcerers, Magic... and Onmyodo aka The Yin Yang Master!

YT trailer:

Yeah, stuff like that pops up a lot on searches like this :P

YT trailer:

Hm ya, I believe this is the sequel to the movie "The Daoist Wizard".

Interesting movie line. There are actually some secrets here and there haha, I watched the first one in korean and still caught some.

I'll Check out the second One Sometime Soon.

Sign in to follow this