Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Wing Point and Art of Inner Alchemy

So recently I have realized that my energy flow in my body is general great, except for my t-5 point, where the vertebre is rather sore.

Studying alchemy, my research shows that art is the key aspect to the mystical mysteries, leading me to relook at the Inner Alchemy of the Tao poster and it's explanation, an important peice of art to say the least.

I was interested to learn how the t5 point is a "lookout" station in the art (thus in meditation) before rising to the higher realms of the spirit.

Anyone else study the Inner Alchemy of the Dao poster? I think this poster is VERY IMPORTANT and the KEY TO OPENING THE MICROCOSMIC ORBIT! When you practice the orbit with the knowledge and visualization contained in this poster, it just is a different paradigm.

click image below for info...

ch48_w.jpg

one version of the explanation

Intesting to note, is that this Art features not only Lao Tzu (at the Spirit Hall of the Court Yard, or Original Cavity of the Spirit/3rd eye pituatary) but also our good friend Bodhidharma! In the explanation it reads:

"The energies of Bodhidharma are mixed together with those of Lao Tze to form a new Taoist understanding, which is the practice of modern Taoism-the Universal Tao System. This system represents the blending and the harmonizing of our Heavenly Destiny and our Earthly Nature" [my bolds]

This has major implications! This means that those of us who thought we were always practicing the Universal Tao were really practicing a mixture of the teachings of Bodhidahrma and Lao Tzu, so we were really practicing the Universal Zen Tao, minus the word Zen. This is good news, meaning those of use who have studied so tirelessly the UT system are really Zen masters! Woohoo! :):D:)

Now, if I could just fix this wing point. Discovering the problem/bringing attention to it has helped already. When I massage the point it doesnt get better right away, but as I keep massaging i,t multiple times per day/perhaps even hour/mediating on with deep breathing, (even while doing qigong) I'm sure it will clear up in no time! (Even this post has furthered its healing, and I feel the effects all over, very blissful!)

Happy sailing everyone!

Edited by GrandTrinity

Yo Saun, perhaps move this baby to my personal practice area? Seems nobody cares about my wing point, LOL! I dont blame em, as everyone misunderestimatse the power of this point, even I.

Hey man, I think this is an awesome post it just took a bit for me to digest it. I wish the high resolution color image of that poster worked on the link there. Do you have a higher resolution version?

I'm curious where T5 (GV11) is on that diagram? Also, where are you reading about this as being the wing point and why is called the wing point?

Thanks,

Sean

Hey man, I think this is an awesome post it just took a bit for me to digest it. I wish the high resolution color image of that poster worked on the link there. Do you have a higher resolution version?

Try here.

This is a very cool image - and it will take more that a bit of time for me to digest.

Here is a collection of these kind of diagrams that I have found;

http://nothingness23.blogspot.com/2006/04/...landscapes.html

I would love to add more if anyone has any or links to any.

Also an explanation of what this chart is exactly;

xiuzhen.jpg

http://www.damo-qigong.net/tu/neijing/xiuzhen.htm

~~~~~~~~~

Jia ji (T5) is the middle point of the 24 joints of the spine. Its function connects the upper spine and the lower spine. When this point in opened, the person can enjoy longevity and enter into the immortal state. So it is also called "Shen dao" - the "Spiritual path."

http://www.qi.org/liu/jadebody.html

Edited by el_tortugo

DaoWaDiddy, thanks for the hi rez version, that is perfect.

el_tortugo, that is such a cool picture, I don't even need an explanation I just want to hang it on my wall and stare at it. :o Looks like you can slap down $100 and get a white on black version of it here.

Rex, nice pics, there a good blurb on T5 on that first one:

T5 - Point Opposite the Heart

It protects the aura of the heart and head. Opening this point gives a feeling of freedom and sense of life. Virtue starts coming forth, forgiveness and gratitude come from this point. When closed, there is a sense of burden, hopelessness, melancholy and chaos.

el_tortugo, that is such a cool picture, I don't even need an explanation I just want to hang it on my wall and stare at it. :o Looks like you can slap down $100 and get a white on black version of it here.

If you can print out the one on the link I bet a kinko's oversize copy would be cool. I did that with one of the other ones, Black and white of course. I like it but I'm an old xerox zine head so I like that kind of thing.

I have been meaning to ask if you painted that skull in your signature. I realy like it.... it is as if it comes from a deep, primal, unconscious place.

Yo Saun, perhaps move this baby to my personal practice area? Seems nobody cares about my wing point, LOL! I dont blame em, as everyone misunderestimatse the power of this point, even I.

THere is a mudra done in aikido..sort of like the the 'here's the church..here's the steeple.." I can't find a good reference but maybe you know about it or can find it...anyway, if you do that mudra with arms extended and try different heights while rotating your palms away from you, you might find that area opening..the ki aikido guys recommend doing this 15 minutes a day..

T

If you can print out the one on the link I bet a kinko's oversize copy would be cool. I did that with one of the other ones, Black and white of course. I like it but I'm an old xerox zine head so I like that kind of thing.

I have been meaning to ask if you painted that skull in your signature. I realy like it.... it is as if it comes from a deep, primal, unconscious place.

el_tortugo, it's great to see you posting again. Yeah, I like that old-school xerox style too, I think that's exactly what I'll do ... And yes I created the skull in my signature, thanks for the compliment ... I didn't paint it with traditional medium, I used Photoshop. I bumped into the image of a skull with a third eye hole online somewhere and just tweaked it, and added the sahasrara and ajna symbolism, played with the colors, etc. I'm going to print a few dozen stickers with the image, pm your address and I'll send you a few. The full image says "I AM" at the bottom. I thought it'd be cool to make a street meme out of it, ie: the andre the giant obey ... I imagine this as almost like a form of external, urban alchemy ... putting images that resonate spiritual consciousness into a landscape that is otherwise almost designed to exclude them.

Sean

• Like 1

hmmmm seeing the pictures of the microcosmic got me musing more about something i have just been reading about the chakras.

this woman, catherine wilkins, in her book "5 keys to psychic ability" (it's a small, simple, easy to read yet quite brilliant and amazing book) talks about how each chakra has both a front and a back (except crown and base, which are pointing at each other and are the beginning and end of the kundalini).

now... the points of most interest on the microcosmic seem to link up with the front and back of each chakra point, with the only difference of the abdomen points (related to the tan tien i think.... yet the heart and mind tan tiens are located pretty much in the same area as the corresponding chakras).

seems as if the microcosmic orbit is a circuit through the front and backs of the chakras.... makes sense. undoubtadely it has to all be related, regardless of which culture it comes from.

she goes on to talk about how energy can both enter and exit each chakra from both the front and the back. the front is more related to ummmm.... i forget (will edit at home and clear this up), while the back is more related to the will.

some food for thought.

neimad,

Have you read Tao & Longevity by Huai-Chin Nan?

He goes over Buddhist and Taoist Meridians and Energy centers. I'd say its worth reading if you haven't already.

I think the buddhist version would be a close link/bridge to the hindu system as it came out of that paradigm.

neimad, reminds me of Barbara Brennan's view of the chakras:

thats the other side.... feeling.

great picture by the way :D

neimad,

Have you read Tao & Longevity by Huai-Chin Nan?

He goes over Buddhist and Taoist Meridians and Energy centers. I'd say its worth reading if you haven't already.

I think the buddhist version would be a close link/bridge to the hindu system as it came out of that paradigm.

no i haven't.... if i ever come across it i'll be sure to read. have so many books on my plate right now and no chance to read them that i'm not currently interested in ordering anymore (plus with the impending travel plans i wont be able to take many with me and no way will i be able to be read up by then).

Also an explanation of what this chart is exactly;

http://www.damo-qigong.net/tu/neijing/xiuzhen.htm

There's a detailed explanation of the phases of the moon orbiting the figure in The Secret of Everlasting Life: First Translation of the Ancient Chinese Text of Immortality. Out of print now (I think) but available here and here. These moon phases are also depicted in a Fusion of the Five Elements poster.

Sign in to follow this