Sign in to follow this  
Non

cold draw vs big draw, any difference?

the big draw is from mantak chia and the same as testicular breathing, but what's the cold draw?

the big draw is from mantak chia and the same as testicular breathing, but what's the cold draw?

Hello As Ballance write it:

The big draw is used to take the Jing up by the back to the head. It is when you are aroused and perhaps wery close to climax or a bit from climax. You can say that you use this techique instead of an emission. When you have masturbated or having sex with a woman or man and are wery close to come, you use the big draw first to stop the ejaculation toghether with holding your breath and squezing some muscles if necessarily, and then by doing the pumps to take the jing up to the head. I have learned different techiques for this, either you try several times to take up the jing to the head or you try to take it several times stepwise along the points in the spine. The pumps are several and should be learned to used in a conected way, done toghether with eachother. When the energy is travelling away from the genitals the urge to ejaculate dissapear and the erection goes down, the faster the erection goes down the more efficient you are at taking away all the jing energy from the genitals. It is important to learn this kind of exercise from a teacher, I should say this is the exercise that is most important to learn from a teacher! You always bring down the hot jing energy to the navel and store it there, or circulate it several times true the microcosmic orbit first.

The cold draw is testicle breathing. It is done as a practise that should be done regularly if you are practising retention with the big draw. The cold draw helps to not get stagnant Jing from your retention practise and also helps to convert jing to qi if I am right informed. The cold draw is much more soft than the big draw and you do it with unaroused Jing, which is cold if you are a man.

There are also other exercises from the universal tao system that should be practised on a daily basis if you want to learn retention in a more safe way.

Hope it helped you somewhat.

FD

Hope

I've been doing the cold draw (which is aka testicle breathing) a lot more lately, and the big draw a lot less and have been very happy to do so, I feel much more calm. The big draw had a tendency to agitate me more. Now that I have been doing the cold draw almost exclusively retention seems easy now.

so where can I learn these techniques?

Are they all from Cultivating Male Sexual Vitality by Mantak Chia

so where can I learn these techniques?

Are they all from Cultivating Male Sexual Vitality by Mantak Chia

Yes they are, but he does not seem to put the same emphasis on the Cold Draw. I personally think its one of the best things to ever happen to me. I have almost completely eliminated my sex drive with it, its wonderful. I had been doing the Big Draw for a few years and it did nothing to reduce my sex drive, if anything it only made it worse. The Cold Draw on the other hand is something I have been doing recently for a couple months, and its fantastic. Its a pitty that it does not recieve more attention, because I think it accomplishes what most guys who are on this path are really looking for. Now I can go about my day and see pretty girls and feel neutral about it. Don't get me wrong if they are pretty I of course recognize this, but more in the same way that you look at a sunset, landscape, or archetecture that you think is pretty. You know its astetically pleasing to the eye, but you don't feel sexual desire for such an object. This has had the great effect of allowing me to focus on developing love in my heart with out the distractions of lust, desire, and attachment.

My advice in learning the cold draw is to be patient with it, and take your time. Like anything new that you try to learn its kind of slow at first, and a bit tricky to get the feel for it. But if you are patient and stick with it, you will get the hang of it. I spent a few hours the first few times just trying to get the jing chi to my sacrum. No big deal I just stopped there, and patiently kept at it for a couple weeks until my sacrum opened more, and the jing was able to go high up my MCO. I have found from my personal experience that moving chi up the MCO is easier because it is less dense, and jing is slower and more difficult because it is more dense.

The Big Draw is a temporary measure IMO, once you have your pelvis open (dense and subtle matter) and can cultivate the heart/sex energy together, you can relax into it and simply allow orgasm into your whole body. Testicle breathing is a good one for doing this, it cultivates Yin Ching, which Chia doesn't emphasise enough.

There is a great resource that one of your fellow TB memebers has put together: http://alchemicaltaoism.com/, has heaps of stuff and a lot more balanced approach than most books you'll get out there.

The Big Draw is a temporary measure IMO, once you have your pelvis open (dense and subtle matter) and can cultivate the heart/sex energy together, you can relax into it and simply allow orgasm into your whole body. Testicle breathing is a good one for doing this, it cultivates Yin Ching, which Chia doesn't emphasise enough.

There is a great resource that one of your fellow TB memebers has put together: http://alchemicaltaoism.com/, has heaps of stuff and a lot more balanced approach than most books you'll get out there.

Thanks.

My problem is that, to lift the testicles it requires that I tuck in and up my lower abdomen. Mantak Chia doesn't say this. In fact, my perineum and anus cannot really be lifted up, it's my lower abdomen that does. That's what causes a lifting of my testicles. But if this is the case, then it seems more liek the jing would go from my testicles up to my dantien, and not back into my tailbone. If that makes sense to you./

can anyone help me on this?

well mantak chia doesn't say to squeeze the pc muscle when doing the cool draw. He just says to lift up the muscles..

In my own experience I've found if you just sort of focus in the mind on breathing into the testicles, and using the mind to move the energy the rest of the stuff sort of just takes care of itself and seems to know what to do. I don't really pay that much attention to the various muscles n such, I just breath and focus on the energy. At least it works for me.

I have noticed what I guess I'll call "stages" or "levels" of sexual energy, and its effects on me. This is only from my personal experience so far, but I have tried to categorize it.

Level 0: This is when just about every ounce of sexual energy has been removed from the sexaul organs with the cold draw. At this level there is absolutely no interest in anything remotely sexual what so ever.

Level 1: This is I have removed most sexual energy, but maybe it has been several hours since my cold draw and just a little bit has regenerated. At this point attraction is limited to astetic appreciation. I see a pretty lady and recognize that she indeed looks nice, but nothing much more is felt.

Level 2: More time has passed since the cold draw. Now the astetic appreciation has increased to a little bit more. The astetic appreciation still remains, but there is a little more energy behind it. You dwell on it more, you become more curious, it get stuck in your mind more.

Level 3: Now it may have been a day or two since the last cold draw. Now its no longer astetic appreciation, you think about who is hot or not. You really notice the details, and wonder what you can't see looks like as well.

Level 4: Now you are no longer just wondering what you can't see looks like, but you'd really like to know first hand.

Level 5: Now knowing first hand is about all you can think about.

Level 6: Now you want it so bad that this is the primary issue occupying the forfront of your mind.

Level 7: Now you are like an over stimulated lap dog that wants to dry hump every strangers leg.

Level 8: Level 8 is classified, cause it gets really werid at this point, but I'll just say this is where, props and stuff get involved.

So what is the point? The point is , is that I find it interesting as to how simply the amount of a certain type of energy can vastly affect one's thinking.

• Like 1

I guess this is the most relevent thread to post my question.

I do practice testicle breathing, scortal compression but my question is regarding dry ejaculations.

This topic is not covered much in any book i have read.

I would like to ask when i self pleasure and get close to orgasm i stop myself from ejaculating by holding my breath and contract the perinium with full force and pressing the perinium with the fingers. I go past the point of no return and actually have an orgasm(dry) without loosing semen. Because i do not loose semen this allows me to continue pleasuring myself, if i would have lost semen i would not be able to continue self pleasuring.

I again repeat the same process.

My question is how many times i repeat this dry ejaculation thing(going past the point of no return). Once, twice, thrice, or more? Till muscle fatigue?

Any response is appreciated...

Thanks.

I guess this is the most relevent thread to post my question.

I do practice testicle breathing, scortal compression but my question is regarding dry ejaculations.

This topic is not covered much in any book i have read.

I would like to ask when i self pleasure and get close to orgasm i stop myself from ejaculating by holding my breath and contract the perinium with full force and pressing the perinium with the fingers. I go past the point of no return and actually have an orgasm(dry) without loosing semen. Because i do not loose semen this allows me to continue pleasuring myself, if i would have lost semen i would not be able to continue self pleasuring.

I again repeat the same process.

My question is how many times i repeat this dry ejaculation thing(going past the point of no return). Once, twice, thrice, or more? Till muscle fatigue?

Any response is appreciated...

Thanks.

Michael Winn and Mantak Chia have both said that external finger locking is not good for you, and I agree. If you are going to self stimulate and stop ejaculation its better to do internal locking where you contract the perineum muscles internally. If your goal is simply to have more "dry" ejaculations this is the safer method to do so. As far as when to stop.... stop when you want/have to lol.

Blume,

I think Yogani, who teaches the finger lock as a preliminary method, said that using it once a week shouldn't cause problems. I suspect that some people will be able to do it more without adverse effects depending on how healthy they are in that region. But not a LOT more. What is pretty much guaranteed to cause serious stagnation is using the finger lock several times in one sitting.

Michael Winn and Mantak Chia have both said that external finger locking is not good for you, and I agree. If you are going to self stimulate and stop ejaculation its better to do internal locking where you contract the perineum muscles internally. If your goal is simply to have more "dry" ejaculations this is the safer method to do so. As far as when to stop.... stop when you want/have to lol.

I never understood this sentiment. Why would clenching muscles really hard to block the ejaculate produce less stagnation than using the finger lock?

IMO, the real skill to develop here is to bypass the ejaculatory reflex entirely, i.e. no squeezing or pressing or drawing required. I think this is what EagleShen was referring to as well.

Edited by Creation

Thanks for the suggestions, I guess i will use the big draw only to stop from spilling without using external finger lock.

I was having some sharp pain in the penis doing the finger lock method, maybe not pressing the seminal vesicle right or something, and was wondering why?

Its just that use of force alone(internal) is a bit too much without external fingers use to stop spilling the seed.

Anyways,

How does a perineum lock stop one from ejaculating?

I dont think used alone does the trick.

If you read about David Deida's method of drawing energy up the spine during sex, he says to contract the perinuem or PC muscle, AND pull the lower abdomen and pelvis in and up, pulling the testicles upward, and imagine pulling energy up the spine. You do that as you approach ejaculation or any time during sex to raise energy up the spine.

Is this the same as the big draw?

For some reason I imagine that as making the penis suck energy in.

If you read about David Deida's method of drawing energy up the spine during sex, he says to contract the perinuem or PC muscle, AND pull the lower abdomen and pelvis in and up, pulling the testicles upward, and imagine pulling energy up the spine. You do that as you approach ejaculation or any time during sex to raise energy up the spine.

i dunno about you guys, but something long and hard poking around close to my bum hole is a sure way to quickly make my errection go down hahaha :P

i dunno about you guys, but something long and hard poking around close to my bum hole is a sure way to quickly make my errection go down hahaha :P

Your horrible hahah

lol.. perhaps if the base chakra were more open it wouldn't be so easy?

feel free to consider this a stupid question but after surfin wikipedia for some time i just had to put it here

do women (womb-men scnr) have a prostate?

lol.. perhaps if the base chakra were more open it wouldn't be so easy?

you know theres actually more to this than you might think. recently i got hold of one of leadbeaters books ("the chakras"). the postition he allocates the root chakra in turned out to be different from the orthodox place in a remarkable way. luk says that its at acupoint conception vessel zero -> the bridge between male genitalia and rectum. now according to leadbeater its the coccyx. that would make huge difference because the latter resides in the tu mo channel (governor channel) whereas the former in the jen mo channel (ch of function)

Edited by gj551

I think Deida worked with Michael Winn for this part of his books. At least Michael says so.

feel free to consider this a stupid question but after surfin wikipedia for some time i just had to put it here

do women (womb-men scnr) have a prostate?

you know theres actually more to this than you might think. recently i got hold of one of leadbeaters books ("the chakras"). the postition he allocates the root chakra in turned out to be different from the orthodox place in a remarkable way. luk says that its at acupoint conception vessel zero -> the bridge between male genitalia and rectum. now according to leadbeater its the coccyx. that would make huge difference because the latter resides in the tu mo channel (governor channel) whereas the former in the jen mo channel (ch of function)

I think chakras have an inner and outer part.

Sign in to follow this