Sign in to follow this  
The Observer

The Moon and Meditation

Women are generally more affected by the moon's phases because of their monthly cycle and it's connection with the moon. However, the moon should not negitively affect your practice. It is useful to be aware of the moon's phases and their effects so you can adjust your practice accordingly. Depending on your Yin/Yang balance and/or any imbalances or illness's you may have, there may be some days during the lunar cycle that you might need to avoid practice, just as their may be days that you want to take advantage of the moon phase and be sure to practice. Because of the moon's predominantly Yin nature, there are many exercises that use the moon to generate and tonify the Yin energy of the body, just as there are exercises that use the sun to generate and tonify Yang Qi. The full moon would be an advantageous time to practice Yin generating/tonifying exercises if you need them. If you are just doing your regular practice, try to be aware of how you feel. If you feel the full moon affects you in a positive way, then press on. If you feel some negativity, you might want to avoid practicing during full moons in the future. I hope this is of some benefit to you.

Women are generally more affected by the moon's phases because of their monthly cycle and it's connection with the moon. However, the moon should not negitively affect your practice. It is useful to be aware of the moon's phases and their effects so you can adjust your practice accordingly. Depending on your Yin/Yang balance and/or any imbalances or illness's you may have, there may be some days during the lunar cycle that you might need to avoid practice, just as their may be days that you want to take advantage of the moon phase and be sure to practice. Because of the moon's predominantly Yin nature, there are many exercises that use the moon to generate and tonify the Yin energy of the body, just as there are exercises that use the sun to generate and tonify Yang Qi. The full moon would be an advantageous time to practice Yin generating/tonifying exercises if you need them. If you are just doing your regular practice, try to be aware of how you feel. If you feel the full moon affects you in a positive way, then press on. If you feel some negativity, you might want to avoid practicing during full moons in the future. I hope this is of some benefit to you.

Ah thank you! Very helpful advice sir. As with all things it is much more dynamic than I originally realized lol.

I don't really know what's with the fullmoon. But in our practice we regard the FULLMOON as a source of power. We do our trainings when there is a fullmoon and also some exhibition like playing football with a coconut husk that is on fire We actually have a scheduled coconut football on the November full moon..

It seems that the chi energy in our bodies intensifies with the fullmoon. The protection of energy in our bodies is heightened and the sensitivity too. It was not elaborated to us except that we train when the moon is full and let ourselves find out. I have some experience that the surge in my bio-electricity is strong that my friends feel a little bit lightheaded when I'm in their presence and a lot of other subtle things.

SY

Edited by SirYuri

Sign in to follow this