Sign in to follow this  
Buddy

Greets

Hi,

I'm Buddy from Mass. I teach taoist neigong and Gao style baguazhang.

Great to have you onboard. How would you describe the style of neigong that you teach?

Welcome :)

Michael

Great to have you onboard. How would you describe the style of neigong that you teach?

Welcome :)

Michael

Phew! That's quite an order. It's BK Frantzis' material, so all about release and dissolve from the inside out. Lengthen the connective tissue and pulse the joints and cavities. Breathwork and meridian work. And more. How;s that? :blink:

WOW

Dude..I literally just thought of you for the first time in YEARS yesterday. WOW..

It's you old buddy Cameron from Taoist IM days on AOL..or should I say Taojen :)

Edited by Cameron

BTW..everyone..Buddy studied directly with BK Frantzis for like 10 years so it is a real honor for him to join our discussions..

Edited by Cameron

Hey Cameron!

The honor is mine. It's funny, my moniker should have been Taoren, apparently Taojen means something like angry or crazy...wait a minute..that might be right after all. :D

Cheers,

Buddy

Lengthen the connective tissue and pulse the joints and cavities. Breathwork and meridian work.
That says a lot. :)

:) You had me at B.K. Frantzis stuff B)

Michael

All these kind words...If any of you have any questions about Kumar's stuff I am more than happy to tell you all I know. I'm not much for secrecy and feel it doesn't need to take as long to really get this material as some seem think. I mean it still takes a great deal of work, but not 20 years of work.

B

Buddy,

Do you know of the late Sifu Kenny Gong? The main internal MA guy near me(besides Aikido) is/was his disiple for 20 years. I did a class, really nice guy..showed me some basic Bagua walking and some Shing Yi. I hesitate because I have this thing in my head that it's best to just focus on one MA and get really good at it. You probably so all my ramblings asking the board whether I should practice Brazillian Jiu Jitsu or Aikido. I have trained in both, mostly aikido, but have been getting mixed feelings on which one I really wanted to train in long term.

There are only so many days in a week so if I go to bagua one night and Aikido one night and BJJ one night I have to think doing aikido 3 nights would be better.

Funny thing, I think we had these discussions years ago. I just love MA so much and there is so much cool but different stuff out there you know.

shit, I feel like I am talking about trying to find the right woman to marry or something. Ok..so..how did you know Baguzhang and all the stuff you trained was the "right one" what feeling or impulse distinguished it that gave you the concrete feeling "this is my path".

Heck, I guess if you could answer how you decided the Water Method was your spiritual path over everything else that's out there that would be great also.

Cameron

Cameron,

"Do you know of the late Sifu Kenny Gong? The main internal MA guy near me(besides Aikido) is/was his disiple for 20 years. I did a class, really nice guy..showed me some basic Bagua walking and some Shing Yi. I hesitate because I have this thing in my head that it's best to just focus on one MA and get really good at it."

So, while I don't know this guy or his skill, and if you are asking my opinion, I would do Mr. Gong's xingyi (I don't know about his bagua) over aikido any day.

"You probably so all my ramblings asking the board whether I should practice Brazillian Jiu Jitsu or Aikido. I have trained in both, mostly aikido, but have been getting mixed feelings on which one I really wanted to train in long term."

In my experience moast of the aikido I have seen is very unrealistic. BJJ is very realistic but to quote Ba Ruttan (MMA guy) "in a street fight, you don't want to go to the ground." I think cross training in the xingyi and BJJ would be a great idea.

"There are only so many days in a week so if I go to bagua one night and Aikido one night and BJJ one night I have to think doing aikido 3 nights would be better."

See above.

Funny thing, I think we had these discussions years ago. I just love MA so much and there is so much cool but different stuff out there you know.

"shit, I feel like I am talking about trying to find the right woman to marry or something. Ok..so..how did you know Baguzhang and all the stuff you trained was the "right one" what feeling or impulse distinguished it that gave you the concrete feeling "this is my path"."

To be honest because I thought it was cool. The I met Kumar and then Luo.

"Heck, I guess if you could answer how you decided the Water Method was your spiritual path over everything else that's out there that would be great also."

It found me.

Buddy

Cameron

Wow. Well...I just decided to do Aikido again..but you have given me alot of food for thought Buddy. Thanks for the great response. "It found me"...awesome.

Cameron

Sign in to follow this