Brian

A couple of simple (I think) Stillness-Movement questions

Hi!

OK, so the postman delivered my copy of A Light Warrior's Guide yesterday afternoon and I read it last night, and plan to read it again tonight before I start practicing tomorrow (so I guess today is Day 0?) but I have a couple of fairly elementary questions.

When rubbing my chest during the closing, the book says left hand clockwise and right hand counter-clockwise. Does that mean up the sternum and down the ribs or down the sternum and up the ribs??? I read as the latter but wanted to make sure.

Clearly, the closing follows a practice session (I've read Michael's posts about the importance of the closing) but I am unsure what to do in the case of brief bits of practice in between times. For example, would it be appropriate to do an hour-long session in the morning, followed by a closing, and then do a few minutes here and there throughout the day (while sitting in a waiting room or riding in an airplane, for instance) and then follow with a single closing in the evening?

Thanks in advance!

Up the sternum down the ribs. Grab bits whenever you can and eventually be practicing 24/7. Close anytime you feel the need but EVERYTIME after a regular session.

Have you read "One second After" centered in your location?

• Like 1

Thank you, sir!

Absolutely! My son had it as an assigned reading over the Summer for high school and I read it right after him. Not only set locally but written by a history professor at Montreat College (about a mile from my house). Very interesting read and a disturbing proposition (especially given its relative likelihood!)

I was amazed at how much of your book was centered in my region, too, although in retrospect it isn't too surprising. While the reservation is about 40 minutes West of here, the Cherokee traditionally considered the Black Mountain range and the Swanannoa valley to be their most cherished and sacred area. Very roughly speaking, from the Swanannoa Gap (now the town of Old Fort) West to about the French Broad River and from the Chimney Rock area (Bat Cave, Lake Lure, Hickory Nut Falls, etc.) North to Mount Mitchell -- an area of just a couple dozen miles in each direction -- this is the region the Cherokee considered "theirs" (although their reach extended far beyond that) and defended against both other tribes and white invaders for a couple centuries. The battles along these ridges left many lingering spirits such as you described.

We (NQA) did a qigong convention out at Montreat several years ago.

I passed by your house today. Started to stop by :o:lol:

I love those mountains and yes, part of the book is centered in that area. And of course you are familiar with Chimney Rock and Judaculla Rock.

The atrocities done to the Cherokee were so sad.

Many energy vortices in that area. OLD magic, way before the Cherokee, as well.

I think everyone should read "One Second After".

• Like 1

Greetings..

Headed to Wayah Bald.. site of the last council of the 'Old Ones'.. later, over to Joyce Kilmer.. heaven!!

Be well..

You just came through Swannanoa Gap?!? Cool! You should have stopped by! I'm guessing you were on I-40 heading for the NC coast, perhaps?

Chimney Rock is straight down NC Highway 9 from here ("straight" is a relative turn, of course, because there's only one straightaway on the whole danged road (home of The Straightaway Cafe, actually!)) NC 9 comes past Lake Lure & Chimney Rock, past Bat Cave and up the mountain into Black Mountain. The road from Black Mountain to Montreat is actually NC 9 (called "Montreat Road" along that stretch) and it dead-ends in Montreat (the old scenic road continuing from Montreat to the top of Mt. Mitchell is long gone but you can hike the path -- its only a few miles to the summit.)

Jadaculla Rock is over near Cullowee (home of Western Carolina University, part of the UNC system) and is about a 90 minute drive from here. Disturbingly powerful place with some truly ancient roots (the waterfalls in Transylvania County directly East of there are enchanted lands, too -- plus they have the White Squirrel Festival in Heart of Brevard each year. Gotta like that!)

I totally agree about "One Second After" -- especially understanding how really possible that scenario is at this very moment and for the foreseeable future. I've worried about it a little since the 1980s and a lot more since reading the book (because there are so many ramifications I hadn't considered before). Anyone who doesn't "have a plan" is basically planning to die of thirst, starvation, disease, exposure or predation within the first few days or weeks, in the event that any of this nation's -- or civilization's -- true enemies ever get their act together. (And no, I am not being overly melodramatic!)

You were almost correct - I was on my way back form the Outer Banks. Wanted to shoot a part of Gift of the Tao 2 there but ended up not doing so as the energetics were squirrelly. Got a call that my hay was being baled so we had to cut the trip short.

Jadaculla Rock is over near Cullowee (home of Western Carolina University, part of the UNC system) and is about a 90 minute drive from here. Disturbingly powerful place with some truly ancient roots...

Yeah, totally agree. Interesting Amazing Indescribable (can't really think of a proper word) what that rock means - the interpretation is something from out of this world.

Living where you live then I can see how you must have really related to the book.

I have thought about the probability of events as described in "One Second After" for a very long time, way before he wrote the book. At one time I designed some EMP hardened devices for the DOD. I think the pencil pushers later decided it wasn't needed. Really, though, it isn't limited to a possible nuclear device - the Sun did the same thing in the 1800's but society wasn't effected very much as there were no complicated electronic devices and nothing was computer controlled. And the Sun could easily do it again; probably will.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1