Sign in to follow this  
Astral_Anima

Building Jing

Hello,

I recently posted about ways to convert jing into chi and chi into shen. Now that I have found some guidance (some through posts others through a book)I'm curious of one final thing about this process.

Is there any way to increase jing? Also would there be any advantage to doing so if it were possible?

I've theorized that since jing is like biochemical energy, then optimizing hormones, enzymatic function, metabolic function, etc would allow one to have more jing to convert. Which also brings the question is it possible to be deficient in jing? Perhaps through hormonal imbalances? Disturbances in the endocrine system? If this were the case what would be the symptoms? The cures?

Just curious as I always try to analyze processes and "stack the deck" to make sure I get where I'm going with the most ease and flow.

Thank you all kindly for all the wisdom you share with us

-Astral

Hi,

If you are choosing to apply a 'Western' perspective on the mystical (which is fine, just remember it works the other way equally

and possibly more helpfully for actual transformation), then yes, hormones (high levels of testosterone, HGH and DHT with low

sympathetic nervous system responses of adrenaline and cortisol) and neurotransmitters (lots of serotonin, dopamine, endorphins)

as well as quality and amount of sperm and the health of your DNA and bone marrow are possible 'physical' candidates for the state

of your Jing, even though this interpretation (the health of the endocrine glands and bodily systems as a 'function') is contradictionary

with the TCM view (an absolutely determined and finite level of energy).

For ways to target the 'physical system' of Jing you can go two ways; seeking 'the internal from the external' would involve perhaps

a good diet, sleep excersice and tonics; Dr Lin of the horrific site 'actionlove.com' sells some pretty good pills that stimulate the production

of neurotransmitters and healthy hormones in a non-harmful way. His sexual qigong (accessible for free on his monstrously badly

organized site) is fantastic and would be a fun alternative to the 'retention' normally attempted by those who want to increase Jing.

The 'from the inside out' approach is to do lots meditation, bone marrow breathing, circulating sexual energy, chilling out,

getting happy and using your will and expectation (Yi) to increase the effectiveness of any external stuff you may do.

Remember 'Yi (mind/intent/will) leads chi' extends far beyond qigong.

Hope this helps,

LazyChuan

Oooop apologies for the stupid male approach ( I hear Jing and immediately think of Balls) and

shabby formating. Seriously though, if your interested in the western explanation of Taosit terms then braving

Dr. Lins site actionlove.com is fairly mind expanding as he explains all TCM ideas in a deep, anatomical western scientific approach.

There are also hundreds of emails from people to him describing their symptoms which you are interested in?

Hope this helps more than the last post... :wacko:

LazyChuan

Guest paul walter

Hello,

I recently posted about ways to convert jing into chi and chi into shen. Now that I have found some guidance (some through posts others through a book)I'm curious of one final thing about this process.

Is there any way to increase jing? Also would there be any advantage to doing so if it were possible?

I've theorized that since jing is like biochemical energy, then optimizing hormones, enzymatic function, metabolic function, etc would allow one to have more jing to convert. Which also brings the question is it possible to be deficient in jing? Perhaps through hormonal imbalances? Disturbances in the endocrine system? If this were the case what would be the symptoms? The cures?

Just curious as I always try to analyze processes and "stack the deck" to make sure I get where I'm going with the most ease and flow.

-Astral

Well if you go for the emptiness/observation/dissolve approach (which is the only one that works you will find)you build jing through mind. It's the simplest and the cheapest approach, but the least sexy ;) You reverse the process as the more you empty the mind and go for spirit the more energy you get and the more jing gets built up. Paul

Paul- Hahaha, wow... I thought you had to build jing then chi then shen, i didn't know you could build shen first and it would build the others but now that you mention it, it does sound feasible. Haha, to more I think about stuff the more the answer seems to be "shut up and keep doing kunlun" :P

LChuan- Thanks I'll look into this fella

Guest paul walter

Paul- Hahaha, wow... I thought you had to build jing then chi then shen, i didn't know you could build shen first and it would build the others but now that you mention it, it does sound feasible. Haha, to more I think about stuff the more the answer seems to be "shut up and keep doing kunlun" :P

Well if you're not being totally facetious(?)I suggest you take it a little further and say "shut up and stop doing anything"--works better I think. In genuineness, Paul

Astral,

"When the contents of the lower tan-t'ien move to the middle tan-t'ien, generative energy (ching) is transmuted into vital energy (ch'i); when the contents of the middle tan-t'ien move to the lower tan-t'ien, vital energy is used to produce generative energy; when the contents of the middle tan-t'ien move to the upper tan-t'ien, vital energy is transmuted into spirit energy (shen); and when the contents of the upper tan-t'ien move to the middle tan-t'ien, spirit energy is used to produce vital energy."

-Eva Wong from the Translator's Introduction section of her book, The Tao of Health, Longevity and Immortality

Well if you're not being totally facetious(?)I suggest you take it a little further and say "shut up and stop doing anything"--works better I think. In genuineness, Paul

Hey paul, just to clarify, no I was being quite serious. The practice I use is about letting go and "not doing" rather than "doing", it helps immensely with my emptiness meditation that usually follows...unless you were alluding to something more...?

Rainbow- Thx for the advice, I will take it to heart :)

Scotty- Thx for the info. This sounds similar to what I hear about certain tibetan systems. Don't they focus on "blissful heat"(filling dan tien) then eventually merge the lower dan tien with the heart?

-Astral

Hello,

-Astral

You want to stack the deck? Eat so that you are never in danger of being full. Keep your metabolism on a minimal burn by eating tiny amounts more frequently (like you would as a forager). Eat the things with the nutrients you need, and not processed garbage masquerading as sustenance.

Adequate nutrient density from varied sources steadily over time will help ensure the body has what it needs to shore up all systems. Consider the amount of protein you ingest, and consider taking some 5-htp in order to maximize your serotonin (an interesting neurotransmitter, considering >90% of it resides in your gut, not your brain.

Paramagnetism is a funny thing...

You want to stack the deck? Eat so that you are never in danger of being full. Keep your metabolism on a minimal burn by eating tiny amounts more frequently (like you would as a forager). Eat the things with the nutrients you need, and not processed garbage masquerading as sustenance.

Adequate nutrient density from varied sources steadily over time will help ensure the body has what it needs to shore up all systems. Consider the amount of protein you ingest, and consider taking some 5-htp in order to maximize your serotonin (an interesting neurotransmitter, considering >90% of it resides in your gut, not your brain.

Paramagnetism is a funny thing...

Haha funny you should mention diet, thats what i've been focuing on of late. I'm currently doing a raw grassfed milk fast of 4-5 quarts a day, then i'm going over to blue/green algae, raw kimchi(using spectrobiotics) and sprouts (using crystal salt for higher mineral density). But yeah I can see how that would make a diff. I was also considering taking raw egg yolks (12 a day) for the choline, lecithin and such, but will probably forgo that.

I wonder about htp-5 i've heard in mentioned in an ebook i got (along with choline and other things). How can you tell if your serotonin is low or not? I honestly have no idea if i need it or not, lol.

-Astral

Haha funny you should mention diet, thats what i've been focuing on of late. I'm currently doing a raw grassfed milk fast of 4-5 quarts a day, then i'm going over to blue/green algae, raw kimchi(using spectrobiotics) and sprouts (using crystal salt for higher mineral density). But yeah I can see how that would make a diff. I was also considering taking raw egg yolks (12 a day) for the choline, lecithin and such, but will probably forgo that.

I wonder about htp-5 i've heard in mentioned in an ebook i got (along with choline and other things). How can you tell if your serotonin is low or not? I honestly have no idea if i need it or not, lol.

-Astral

If you've played with any MDMA lately, your serotonin is low. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to suss it out without the intense body-awareness granted by satori. Maybe there are some relevant siddhis. :P

I'm curious about the hormone - chi relationship? How do these two aspects communicate with eachother, affect, and produce eachother? I know this question is a bit vauge, but so is my understanding (takes good understanding to ask good questions lol)

You can strengthen/increase the Jing through practice, diet, and herbs. Usually one strengthens the kidneys and lungs since that primarily affects the Qi, blood, and jing. The kidney's are the foundation for the entire house (body); so it is worthwhile to maintain a good level and not become jing deficient (which will naturally occur with age--think a lost of sex drive or performance). See below for the important role of the kidney energy:

http://www.articlealley.com/article_731756_17.html

Kidney energy has many effects in the body: It restores youthfulness; it detoxifies; it balances hormones, metabolism, digestion, enzymes, immunity and the adrenal glands.

When talking from a TCM and/or Qigong energy perspective, a word like "Kidney" actually includes the urogenital and adrenal glad. (While the pancreas is in that same proximity, it is put together with the "Spleen".) I don't think the endocrine system has an equivalent in TCM; some try to associate the "Triple Burner" to it but seems better to see the "Kidney" as influencing it. Thus, strengthening Jing has a positive effect on the endocrine system.

Also, I think it's better to say that the Qi stagnation/imbalance causes the hormonal imbalances.

Also see here: http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/exam/specialties_menopause_herbs.html

You said you want to transform Jing to Qi to Shen, but have not said for what purpose? And this is just transformation of energies. Such practice should include to nourish/strengthen Shen, house/protect/calm Shen, and regulate/integrate Shen with the Body/mind/emotions. As R_V said, find a system which suits your goals.

I'm curious about the hormone - chi relationship? How do these two aspects communicate with eachother, affect, and produce eachother? I know this question is a bit vauge, but so is my understanding (takes good understanding to ask good questions lol)

The logic I have goes that if everything is energy then it would go to say that certain hormones are 'yang' energy and certain ones are 'yin'. I know when I took some estrogen, that my body felt very... squishy on the inside, and the like, while on yang I always increase heat/burning, and my body gets very hard.

John

It doesn't work that way but celibacy and lowered stress level obviously would avoid its depletion. You can't isolate one specific component from the rest. If you want to develop your spiritual energy/Qi you need to work hard on your legs for the following reason:

Your body will increase in strength by increased Qi in the Eight Extraodinary Channels (TCM). These channels are developed deeper by training frequency and years of practice, stance work, and an increased range in body motions

8 Extraordinary Qi Channels

Functions:

1. Serve as reservoirs of Qi while the 12 organ meridians act like rivers.

2. Serve as Qi reservoirs to the 12 organs meridians along with blood, Ying Qi, Wei qi, Jing Qi, and blood.

3. Guard against "Evil Qi" or pathogens.

4. Regulate changes in lifestyle.

5. Redirect and Circulate Jing Qi (Essence or Reproductive energy- men: sperm, Women: ovaries) inwards to the entire body, organs, skin and hair, including the ancestral organs: brain, spine, bone marrow, and blood.

1. Governor Channel - Du Mai (Up tailbone to spine and head) "Sea of Yang meridians"

* Protects the back

* Guardian qi (from food and air)

* Nourishes the ancestral organs

Part of the Nei Dan (Microcosmic Orbit Circulation)

2. Conception Channel - Ren Mai (Down along front of body) "Sea of Yin meridians"

* Qi circulation

* Yin Channels and Stomach

* Connected to Thrusting and Yin channels

* Brings Blood and Jing to head

* Disperses Fluids

* Good to increase Qi and store the Four Yin channels.

3. Thrusting Channel - Chong Mei (Central Channel)

* Supports conception channel

* Helps regulate Kidney Qi

* Huiyin and Yinjiao are yin and yang qi transfer points and where original qi and food and air qi mix.

* Supports 11 Kidney meridian cavities combining Yuan Jing and Yuan Qi (the essence and original Qi).

* Nourished Spine and Brain

* Supports the 3 paths for muscles and tendons, Kan and Li (fire and water elements) and bone marrow.

4. Belt Channel - Dai Mei (Around Waist at Dantien and Ming Men)

* Regulates gallbladder

* Developes waist strength

5. Yang Heel channel - Yangqiao Mai (Outside Leg)

* Supports Yang channels of bladder, gallblader, small and large intestines.

* Leg training and governor channel.

6. Yin Heel channel - Yingqiao Mai (Inside Leg)

* Connected to 2 kidney point cavities

* Sex organ in men and women - Jing, Qi, and Shen nourishment.

7. Yang Linking channel - Yang Wei Mai (Outside Leg)

* Qi in Yang- bladder, gallbladder, triple burner, small intestine, stomach and governor vessel points 15 (Yamen) and 16 (Fengfu).

8. Yin Linking Channel - Yin Wei Mai (Inside Leg)

* Kidney, spleen and liver

* Conception Vessel points 22 (Tian Tu) and 23 (Lian Quan).

More info here:

http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/theory_ev#yinweimai

As you can gather from all this info that we are pulsing beings and the distension or blockage of one point affects the whole lot...hence the principle of "dependent origination" (Paticcasamuppada) is fully respected.

• Like 1

It doesn't work that way but celibacy and lowered stress level obviously would avoid its depletion. You can't isolate one specific component from the rest. If you want to develop your spiritual energy/Qi you need to work hard on your legs for the following reason:

Your body will increase in strength by increased Qi in the Eight Extraodinary Channels (TCM). These channels are developed deeper by training frequency and years of practice, stance work, and an increased range in body motions

8 Extraordinary Qi Channels

Functions:

Thanks Gerard , very interesting and informative :)

1. Serve as reservoirs of Qi while the 12 organ meridians act like rivers.

2. Serve as Qi reservoirs to the 12 organs meridians along with blood, Ying Qi, Wei qi, Jing Qi, and blood.

3. Guard against "Evil Qi" or pathogens.

4. Regulate changes in lifestyle.

5. Redirect and Circulate Jing Qi (Essence or Reproductive energy- men: sperm, Women: ovaries) inwards to the entire body, organs, skin and hair, including the ancestral organs: brain, spine, bone marrow, and blood.

1. Governor Channel - Du Mai (Up tailbone to spine and head) "Sea of Yang meridians"

* Protects the back

* Guardian qi (from food and air)

* Nourishes the ancestral organs

Part of the Nei Dan (Microcosmic Orbit Circulation)

2. Conception Channel - Ren Mai (Down along front of body) "Sea of Yin meridians"

* Qi circulation

* Yin Channels and Stomach

* Connected to Thrusting and Yin channels

* Brings Blood and Jing to head

* Disperses Fluids

* Good to increase Qi and store the Four Yin channels.

3. Thrusting Channel - Chong Mei (Central Channel)

* Supports conception channel

* Helps regulate Kidney Qi

* Huiyin and Yinjiao are yin and yang qi transfer points and where original qi and food and air qi mix.

* Supports 11 Kidney meridian cavities combining Yuan Jing and Yuan Qi (the essence and original Qi).

* Nourished Spine and Brain

* Supports the 3 paths for muscles and tendons, Kan and Li (fire and water elements) and bone marrow.

4. Belt Channel - Dai Mei (Around Waist at Dantien and Ming Men)

* Regulates gallbladder

* Developes waist strength

5. Yang Heel channel - Yangqiao Mai (Outside Leg)

* Supports Yang channels of bladder, gallblader, small and large intestines.

* Leg training and governor channel.

6. Yin Heel channel - Yingqiao Mai (Inside Leg)

* Connected to 2 kidney point cavities

* Sex organ in men and women - Jing, Qi, and Shen nourishment.

7. Yang Linking channel - Yang Wei Mai (Outside Leg)

* Qi in Yang- bladder, gallbladder, triple burner, small intestine, stomach and governor vessel points 15 (Yamen) and 16 (Fengfu).

8. Yin Linking Channel - Yin Wei Mai (Inside Leg)

* Kidney, spleen and liver

* Conception Vessel points 22 (Tian Tu) and 23 (Lian Quan).

More info here:

http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/theory_ev#yinweimai

As you can gather from all this info that we are pulsing beings and the distension or blockage of one point affects the whole lot...hence the principle of "dependent origination" (Paticcasamuppada) is fully respected.

Thanks Gerard very interesting and informative :)

Edited by dmattwads

Sign in to follow this