Meeesha

[/font [size=4][/size] Hi. Im new here and hoping to gain some knowledge. I have some extreme stomach pain, like I cant relax my stomach muscles. Ive had a zillion medical tests and no surgeon wants to touch the stomach. So Im looking for alternative relaxation methods. And, stumbled across this site. Hoping for some guidance...and good reads.

Ive got a call into an acupuncturist to look into that....but any relaxation or herbal remedies would be a great start as all Ive been doing is living on vicodin....honestly, not the answer.

I'd be sooo grateful to any recommendations or ideas.

M.

Hey there,

Welcome to this wonderful site, I'm sure there will be plenty of great advise for you... Take care and feel better... Melanie

Hey there,

Welcome to this wonderful site, I'm sure there will be plenty of great advise for you... Take care and feel better... Melanie

Thanks Melanie! Looks like you have a wire hair terrier?! I use to have 2!! Now I have an Irish Terrier. Luv terriers.

The best advice is probably to find a medical qigong practioner that can help you find qigong exercises that would be good for you. Seing an acupuncturist and a TCM herbalist is probably also a good idea.

THere is a form of stomach massage called chi nei tsang which is normally very good for abdominal problems. Deep belly breathing is probably going to be good. Ceck out Bruc Kumar Frantzis Longevity Breathing DVD for that. THe inner smile meditation works on all aspects of the body but can also be used to target the intestines and stomach. I highly recomed it. The sic healing sounds is also a basic and good exercise that can help in restoring overal health. THe wuji standing meditation posture is very good for all problmes of the stomach. You could also check out the book unwinding the belly about doing self massage on your stomach. THe yogic exercise Nauli is very, very good for the stomach but I think it is much to early for you to start doing it now and if you do it you will need guidance by someone who knows it and can asses wether it is a good time for you to do it.

The best advice is probably to find a medical qigong practioner that can help you find qigong exercises that would be good for you. Seing an acupuncturist and a TCM herbalist is probably also a good idea.

THere is a form of stomach massage called chi nei tsang which is normally very good for abdominal problems. Deep belly breathing is probably going to be good. Ceck out Bruc Kumar Frantzis Longevity Breathing DVD for that. THe inner smile meditation works on all aspects of the body but can also be used to target the intestines and stomach. I highly recomed it. The sic healing sounds is also a basic and good exercise that can help in restoring overal health. THe wuji standing meditation posture is very good for all problmes of the stomach. You could also check out the book unwinding the belly about doing self massage on your stomach. THe yogic exercise Nauli is very, very good for the stomach but I think it is much to early for you to start doing it now and if you do it you will need guidance by someone who knows it and can asses wether it is a good time for you to do it.

Wow!! Thank you sooo much. Thats really helpful. I went to see an accupuncturist for the first time last nite and she was GREAT. 35yr experience referenced by a good friend. I felt like a new person this morning so something sure clicked. I go back on Thursday. (Id go tomorrow, but my baseball team--TAMPA BAY RAYS--are in the play offs and Im going. SO excited.

So these other methods you're talking about sound great too. I'll write them down and see what I can find out. I know I do need exercise for the stomach as I have very weak stomach muscles as well....always have due to childhood surgery.

Again, thank you....know your help is MUCH APPRECIATED. : )