Immortal

Secret Wu Dang Red Dragon Microcosmic Orbit

I have read about this secret orbit technique on Michael Winn's website as well as a few others. How can I learn this technique, has anyone heard of it?

I have read about this secret orbit technique on Michael Winn's website as well as a few others. How can I learn this technique, has anyone heard of it?

He teaches it in his audio tape. I am not sure which one. I think he advertises that he goes into even greater detail in person.

One factor he mentioned in the tape version I have is that he was instructed to only transmit this information orally. Winn makes a point many times that oral transmission is much deeper and more effective than any written transmission could be because of taking it in through the ears which are connected to the kidney energy.

If you want to spend the money I would contact him directly to determine which tape this info is on. If you don't want to spend the money...I cant help you.

Craig

He teaches it in his audio tape. I am not sure which one. I think he advertises that he goes into even greater detail in person.

One factor he mentioned in the tape version I have is that he was instructed to only transmit this information orally. Winn makes a point many times that oral transmission is much deeper and more effective than any written transmission could be because of taking it in through the ears which are connected to the kidney energy.

If you want to spend the money I would contact him directly to determine which tape this info is on. If you don't want to spend the money...I cant help you.

Craig

Open Chi Flow in the Orbit Chi Kung Fundamentals #2 audio course

http://www.healingtaousa.com/ckf2.html#d2s

This audio course supposedly offers the most powerful microcosmic orbit meditation Michel Winn has come across in his 30 years of research into the daoist methods.

I know what I'm getting with my next paycheck!

Sounds like you have found one of these "mine is the best method" to me. Mind you, MCO (Microcosmic Orbit) is pretty much standard and thus you can find good descriptions in a lot of paperbacks for about 10 bucks which cover MCO plus a lot more. If you're interested in MCO only, all you need to do is ask and I am sure many of us will lend you a hand.

I have come across a lot of descriptions of the MCO and they all say pretty much the same (although in different words):

Essentially, there are two paths and three ways of doing MCO:

• The fire / wind path along the outside of the spine
  • The water path inside the spine

I also noted on the web page that you referred to that you will need to buy another course to get a description of the macrocosmic orbit....

Sounds like you already made up your mind that it is right for you, though. So, please feel free to correct me once they let you in on their "secret". :)

NB I'll be happy to recommend some good reads covering both orbits and more if you're interested.

So, please feel free to correct me once they let you in on their "secret". :)

the direction is not the relevant issue. It is a technique which has the result IME of moving more "substance" in the practice.

Personally MCO is not my bag now, but I can positively recommend M.Winns info.

Yes, he is a good marketer but he also gives quality information. I don't think he really says "mine is the best method, all others are inferior." He says, and I think sincerely, "this is the most potent method I have encountered in my searching".

Peace Out

Craig

I know what you mean about the "mine is the best" mentality. I have heard of this technique before and I want to see the difference between the standard mantak chia style MCO and the wudang red dragon mco.

I'm just now getting into to sexual alchemy and I want to learn several methods to see which resonates best with me.

The Dalai Lama is on record as saying that we should evaluate the texture of our meditation practice every decade. From this I would infer that we must commit a significant chunk of time to our practice before we can start to make meaningful comparisons between different regimens. The very robust dialogue we had in here not too long ago revealed some consensus that the MCO is a technique that can approached from a number of angles, but the important work of generating internal energy movement comes from a consistent practice of zhan zhuang and meditation. The spontaneous energy waves I experience now are vastly stronger and more pleasant than my MCO, but I have the opportunity, during this economic downturn, to practice 3 to 4 hours a day.

All the best.

I agree with Blasto, and would word it my way if I understand him correctly, and to add that at this point in my training I am wondering if MCO is not so much a technique as an observation of how energy moves as it develops through something like standing practice and meditation. That once observed as making this circular movement pattern on its own then the mind can direct its attention to the route to encourage it.

But in any case the method or pattern sought for here as the secret method is a looping pattern where the energy goes up and around the MCO in small loops, but I wonder if that is a help or a hinderance if the energy isn't already doing that to some extent. I don't think it is a secret method to open what isn't open.

By the way Gary Clyman also teaches this looping pattern without this name attached to it.

I think the most important thing has been for me to slow the mind's chatter and be observant to all sensations, and the breath, and allow the attention to open and sense energy directly. Then the intelligence in that process shows me what to do next. I might find it in a book or in a dvd.

Bill

But in any case the method or pattern sought for here as the secret method is a looping pattern where the energy goes up and around the MCO in small loops, but I wonder if that is a help or a hinderance if the energy isn't already doing that to some extent.

the above is not a description of M.Winn's so called Wudang method.

the above is not a description of M.Winn's so called Wudang method.

I was going off of having heard this tape a while ago, and that was what I thought of remebered of this. Sorry if I was wrong.

Bill

I was going off of having heard this tape a while ago, and that was what I thought of remebered of this. Sorry if I was wrong.

Bill

Yeah, the looping technique is the method of doing the orbit in small sections.

example, start at navel go down to perineum and up to door of life then loop back through to lower tantien again.

the Wudang method is something else.

sorry. It might seem like I am witholding, but I honor Michaels request to not transmit this info in writing.

Craig

Actually the Taoist looping Method is very different from those described here, but one of the most effective. I dont normally comment on the orbit, but today i just couldnt resist.

Quoted from somewhere i already forgot....

1) Sit in lotus or legs crossed. Obey all the basic rules of meditation posture.

2) Grasp your thumbs inside your fist,

3) Inhale through the nose and feel the energy descend through jen-mo into the abdomen (stove) where the breathe will be heated (transmuted) and energized.

4) When you have inhaled your breath,lock your anal sphincter tightly and pull your chin down onto your chest,performing a chin lock.

IMPORTANT NOTE...

(These two movements help the energy from escaping the abdominal chamber. Also, when you begin to hold the breath blood vessels will constrict raising ones blood pressure. The chin lock will reverse this process and restore equalibrium to the body.)

5) With the breathe held,and the anal & chin locks in place,begin to feel the energy in the abdomen begin to rise upward along the back Tu-Mo channel

6) As the energy travels upwards,it moves through the seven houses (glands) then into the sexual glands where it makes a spiraling-circular movement, and then passes upward and through the remaining Six houses in similar wheel-like movements.The wheel like rotations at each house serve to energize the gland in which it occurs,as well as transform the energy into a higher order to be recieved by the next house. This is done all the while holding the breath & is very hard to describe without a diagram . In this way each gland serves as a transformer or generator for the energy of the body.

7) When the energy reaches the pineal gland, let this circulate there for a moment, and then release the anal & chin locks and slowly exhale.

8) Begin the cycle over again.

At first you will want to hold your breath for only 7 seconds (1 second for each gland). With practice you will hold the breathe much longer periods of time. As the breath is held for longer periods, one can start making two or more loops around the houses for each period during which the breath is held.

:)

Red dragon is not that.

It's actually said that if you practice RD incorrectly and don't take the right precautions, you can have a heart attack or aneurysm. So if you're interested in RD, ensure that you get the right instruction.

Red dragon is not that.

It's actually said that if you practice RD incorrectly and don't take the right precautions, you can have a heart attack or aneurysm. So if you're interested in RD, ensure that you get the right instruction.

I never said it was Red Dragon did i ? I was referring to the "TAOIST LOOPING" Method mentioned by "tummoessence" earlier.

Oh okay. :)

wow

how many different things can we all talk about at the same time and think also that we are talking about the same thing...

The Dalai Lama is on record as saying that we should evaluate the texture of our meditation practice every decade. From this I would infer that we must commit a significant chunk of time to our practice before we can start to make meaningful comparisons between different regimens. The very robust dialogue we had in here not too long ago revealed some consensus that the MCO is a technique that can approached from a number of angles, but the important work of generating internal energy movement comes from a consistent practice of zhan zhuang and meditation. The spontaneous energy waves I experience now are vastly stronger and more pleasant than my MCO, but I have the opportunity, during this economic downturn, to practice 3 to 4 hours a day.

All the best.

it may be useful feedback to say practice outdoors if your going to meditate that long.

Just saying.

Actually the Taoist looping Method is very different from those described here, but one of the most effective. I dont normally comment on the orbit, but today i just couldnt resist.

1) Sit in lotus or legs crossed. Obey all the basic rules of meditation posture.

3) Inhale through the nose and feel the energy descend through jen-mo into the abdomen (stove) where the breathe will be heated (transmuted) and energized.

4) When you have inhaled your breath,lock your anal sphincter tightly and pull your chin down onto your chest,performing a chin lock.

IMPORTANT NOTE...

(These two movements help the energy from escaping the abdominal chamber. Also, when you begin to hold the breath blood vessels will constrict raising ones blood pressure. The chin lock will reverse this process and restore equalibrium to the body.)

5) With the breathe held,and the anal & chin locks in place,begin to feel the energy in the abdomen begin to rise upward along the back Tu-Mo channel

6) As the energy travels upwards,it moves through the seven houses (glands) then into the sexual glands where it makes a spiraling-circular movement, and then passes upward and through the remaining Six houses in similar wheel-like movements.The wheel like rotations at each house serve to energize the gland in which it occurs,as well as transform the energy into a higher order to be recieved by the next house. This is done all the while holding the breath & is very hard to describe without a diagram . In this way each gland serves as a transformer or generator for the energy of the body.

7) When the energy reaches the pineal gland, let this circulate there for a moment, and then release the anal & chin locks and slowly exhale.

At first you will want to hold your breath for only 7 seconds (1 second for each gland). With practice you will hold the breathe much longer periods of time. As the breath is held for longer periods, one can start making two or more loops around the houses for each period during which the breath is held.

Interesting...thanks!

Are the 7 houses (glands) it refers to the chakras?

IMPORTANT NOTE...

:)

The looping method seems so natural to me that I cannot conceive of other visualizations that could be nearly as effective. I read somewhere that the "fractal" metaphor is applicable, and Robert Bruce's use of expanding and contracting energy balls is really effective if I'm feeling some resistence in my shoulders or pelvic girdle (yes, I'm sexy in my pelvic girdle). Say what you will about Chia's work, but his "maps" and illustrations of energy movement are mighty helpful, and the section on "Points of the MCO" in his "Awaken the Healing Light of Tao" is terrific, especially if your anatomy isn't up to speed.

The looping method seems so natural to me that I cannot conceive of other visualizations that could be nearly as effective. I read somewhere that the "fractal" metaphor is applicable, and Robert Bruce's use of expanding and contracting energy balls is really effective if I'm feeling some resistence in my shoulders or pelvic girdle (yes, I'm sexy in my pelvic girdle). Say what you will about Chia's work, but his "maps" and illustrations of energy movement are mighty helpful, and the section on "Points of the MCO" in his "Awaken the Healing Light of Tao" is terrific, especially if your anatomy isn't up to speed.

@ Votex,yes bro.

I have never practiced any of the chia material so i dont really know much about it. However the method i described is a very traditional method.