goonis38

Law Wheel

Hi there, ~Law Wheel and Gong~http://www.falundafa...ng/flg_2006.htm

Thanks to a great friend... I have been given some very important information that is helping me understand myself, and help others... This is what this forum is all about. I have developed this "law wheel and protected myself, and given energy to others to help them... My third eye is not opened all the way yet. Because I can only see the wheel as a fan, right now, Instead of it's beautiful colors but I will meditate later and see for sure, but I will get there, growing at a steady speed. But my gong is not completely developed yet either... So I'm excited I'm on the right track, and I hope this information can be of some help to some of you... I have a good heart, and a loving, kind, nature. I say this because this is important to receive this gift... So if you do to. It should come naturally to you... If anyone wants all the information just let me know. I'm sure my friend doesn't mind. I should ask first though... But this can protect your energy, and even better you can help other's... Take care Melanie

1. The Law Wheel's Function

"The Law Wheel of Falun Gong has the same nature as the universe, for it is a miniature of the universe. Cultivators of Falun Gong not only rapidly develop their supernatural abilities and gong potency, they also develop an incomparably powerful Law Wheel in a brief period of time. Once developed, a person's Law Wheel exists as a living, intelligent entity. It automatically spins ceaselessly in the practitioner's lower abdominal area, constantly absorbing and transforming energy from the universe and ultimately evolving the energy in the practitioner's innate body into gong. Thus the effect of "the Law refines the practitioner" is achieved. This means that the Law Wheel constantly refines the person even though he or she doesn't perform the exercises every minute. Internally, the Law Wheel offers salvation to oneself. It makes a person stronger and healthier, more intelligent and wise, and it protects the practitioner from deviation. It can also protect the cultivator from people with inferior character interfering with him. Externally, the Law Wheel can both heal sickness and eliminate evil for others, rectifying all abnormal conditions. The Law Wheel rotates continuously in the lower abdominal area, turning clockwise nine times and then counterclockwise nine times. When rotating clockwise, it vigorously takes in energy from the universe and that energy is very strong. Its rotational power becomes stronger as a person's gong potency rises. This is a state that can't be attained by deliberate attempts to pour qi into the top of the head. When rotating counterclockwise, it releases energy and provides salvation to all beings, rectifying abnormal conditions. People around the practitioner benefit. Of all theqigong practices taught in our country, Falun Gong is the first and only cultivation method that has achieved "the Law refines the practitioner. "

The Law Wheel is most precious, you can't put a price on it. When my shifu passed the Law Wheel on to me, he told me that the Law Wheel shouldn't be passed on to anyone else, and that even those people who had cultivated for a thousand years or more might want to have it, but could not. The discipline could only be passed on to one person after a very, very long time, unlike those that are passed on to one person every few decades. The Law Wheel is thus extremely precious. It's still extremely precious even though we now make it public and have adjusted it to become less powerful. Cultivators who have acquired it are halfway through their cultivation. The only thing that remains is for you to improve your character, and then what awaits you are quite high levels. Of course, people who aren't predestined might stop after cultivating for a little while, and then the Law Wheel in them will cease to exist.

Falun Gong is Buddhist qigong, but it far exceeds the scope of the Buddhist system: what we cultivate is the entire universe. In the past, Buddhist cultivation only taught Buddhist principles, while Daoist cultivation only taught Daoist principles. Neither one gave a full explanation of the universe from its fundamental level. The universe is similar to human beings in that it has its own nature, along with its material composition. Its nature can be summarized in three words: True, Kind, Tolerant (zhen, shan, ren).[2] Daoist cultivation focuses its understanding on the True part: telling the truth, doing truthful deeds, returning to one's original, true self, and finally becoming a true being. Buddhist cultivation focuses on the Kind part: developing great compassion, and offering salvation to all beings. Our discipline cultivates Truth, Kindness, and Tolerance simultaneously, and we directly adhere to the fundamental nature of the universe in our cultivation, ultimately assimilating with the universe.

Falun Gong is a cultivation system of both mind and body. When a practitioner's gong potency and character have reached a certain level, he or she is bound to attain in this world both Enlightenment (the state of Unlocked Gong) and an indestructible body. In general, Falun Gong is divided into Triple-World-Law and Beyond-Triple-World-Law, which include many levels. I hope that all devoted practitioners will cultivate diligently, improve their character without letup, and manage to reach Spiritual Perfection.

2. The Law Wheel's Configuration

The Law Wheel of Falun Gong is an intelligent, spinning body of high-energy matter. It rotates according to the laws of the vast universe's entire motion. In a sense, the Law Wheel is a miniature of the universe.

In the center of the Law Wheel there is a Buddhist symbol of srivatsa, wanzi.gif, (in Sanskrit, srivatsa means "the gathering of all good fortune" (to check [the Chinese term], look in the Ci Hai Dictionary)), which is the core of the Law Wheel. Its color is close to golden yellow, and its base color is bright red. The base color of the outer ring is orange. Four Taiji symbols[3] and four Buddhist srivatsas are placed alternately in eight spots. The Taiji that are red and black are of the Daoist system, while the Taiji that are red and blue are of the Great Anterior-Heaven Daoist system. The four small srivatsas are also golden yellow. The base color of the Law Wheel changes periodically from red, to orange, to yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. They are extraordinarily beautiful colors (refer to the color insert at the front of the book). The colors of the central srivatsa, wanzi.gif, and the Taiji don't change. The srivatsas, wanzi.gif, of different sizes rotate on their own, as does the Law Wheel. The Law Wheel is rooted in the universe. The universe is rotating, all galaxies are rotating, and so the Law Wheel is rotating as well. Those whose Third Eyes are at lower levels can see the Law Wheel spinning like a fan; those whose Third Eyes are at higher levels can see the whole image of the Law Wheel, which is incredibly beautiful and brilliant, and this encourages practitioners to more boldly forge ahead cultivating."

Edited by goonis38

Hi there, ~Law Wheel and Gong~

Thanks to a great friend... I have been given some very important information that is helping me understand myself, and help others... This is what this forum is all about. I have developed this "law wheel and protected myself, and given energy to others to help them... My third eye is not opened all the way yet. Because I can only see the wheel as a fan, right now, Instead of it's beautiful colors but I will meditate later and see for sure, but I will get there, growing at a steady speed. But my gong is not completely developed yet either... So I'm excited I'm on the right track, and I hope this information can be of some help to some of you... I have a good heart, and a loving, kind, nature. I say this because this is important to receive this gift... So if you do to. It should come naturally to you... If anyone wants all the information just let me know. I'm sure my friend doesn't mind. I should ask first though... But this can protect your energy, and even better you can help other's... Take care Melanie

1. The Law Wheel's Function

The Law Wheel of Falun Gong has the same nature as the universe, for it is a miniature of the universe. Cultivators of Falun Gong not only rapidly develop their supernatural abilities and gong potency, they also develop an incomparably powerful Law Wheel in a brief period of time. Once developed, a person's Law Wheel exists as a living, intelligent entity. It automatically spins ceaselessly in the practitioner's lower abdominal area, constantly absorbing and transforming energy from the universe and ultimately evolving the energy in the practitioner's innate body into gong. Thus the effect of "the Law refines the practitioner" is achieved. This means that the Law Wheel constantly refines the person even though he or she doesn't perform the exercises every minute. Internally, the Law Wheel offers salvation to oneself. It makes a person stronger and healthier, more intelligent and wise, and it protects the practitioner from deviation. It can also protect the cultivator from people with inferior character interfering with him. Externally, the Law Wheel can both heal sickness and eliminate evil for others, rectifying all abnormal conditions. The Law Wheel rotates continuously in the lower abdominal area, turning clockwise nine times and then counterclockwise nine times. When rotating clockwise, it vigorously takes in energy from the universe and that energy is very strong. Its rotational power becomes stronger as a person's gong potency rises. This is a state that can't be attained by deliberate attempts to pour qi into the top of the head. When rotating counterclockwise, it releases energy and provides salvation to all beings, rectifying abnormal conditions. People around the practitioner benefit. Of all theqigong practices taught in our country, Falun Gong is the first and only cultivation method that has achieved "the Law refines the practitioner. "

The Law Wheel is most precious, you can't put a price on it. When my shifu passed the Law Wheel on to me, he told me that the Law Wheel shouldn't be passed on to anyone else, and that even those people who had cultivated for a thousand years or more might want to have it, but could not. The discipline could only be passed on to one person after a very, very long time, unlike those that are passed on to one person every few decades. The Law Wheel is thus extremely precious. It's still extremely precious even though we now make it public and have adjusted it to become less powerful. Cultivators who have acquired it are halfway through their cultivation. The only thing that remains is for you to improve your character, and then what awaits you are quite high levels. Of course, people who aren't predestined might stop after cultivating for a little while, and then the Law Wheel in them will cease to exist.

Falun Gong is Buddhist qigong, but it far exceeds the scope of the Buddhist system: what we cultivate is the entire universe. In the past, Buddhist cultivation only taught Buddhist principles, while Daoist cultivation only taught Daoist principles. Neither one gave a full explanation of the universe from its fundamental level. The universe is similar to human beings in that it has its own nature, along with its material composition. Its nature can be summarized in three words: True, Kind, Tolerant (zhen, shan, ren).[2] Daoist cultivation focuses its understanding on the True part: telling the truth, doing truthful deeds, returning to one's original, true self, and finally becoming a true being. Buddhist cultivation focuses on the Kind part: developing great compassion, and offering salvation to all beings. Our discipline cultivates Truth, Kindness, and Tolerance simultaneously, and we directly adhere to the fundamental nature of the universe in our cultivation, ultimately assimilating with the universe.

Falun Gong is a cultivation system of both mind and body. When a practitioner's gong potency and character have reached a certain level, he or she is bound to attain in this world both Enlightenment (the state of Unlocked Gong) and an indestructible body. In general, Falun Gong is divided into Triple-World-Law and Beyond-Triple-World-Law, which include many levels. I hope that all devoted practitioners will cultivate diligently, improve their character without letup, and manage to reach Spiritual Perfection.

2. The Law Wheel's Configuration

The Law Wheel of Falun Gong is an intelligent, spinning body of high-energy matter. It rotates according to the laws of the vast universe's entire motion. In a sense, the Law Wheel is a miniature of the universe.

In the center of the Law Wheel there is a Buddhist symbol of srivatsa, wanzi.gif, (in Sanskrit, srivatsa means "the gathering of all good fortune" (to check [the Chinese term], look in the Ci Hai Dictionary)), which is the core of the Law Wheel. Its color is close to golden yellow, and its base color is bright red. The base color of the outer ring is orange. Four Taiji symbols[3] and four Buddhist srivatsas are placed alternately in eight spots. The Taiji that are red and black are of the Daoist system, while the Taiji that are red and blue are of the Great Anterior-Heaven Daoist system. The four small srivatsas are also golden yellow. The base color of the Law Wheel changes periodically from red, to orange, to yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. They are extraordinarily beautiful colors (refer to the color insert at the front of the book). The colors of the central srivatsa, wanzi.gif, and the Taiji don't change. The srivatsas, wanzi.gif, of different sizes rotate on their own, as does the Law Wheel. The Law Wheel is rooted in the universe. The universe is rotating, all galaxies are rotating, and so the Law Wheel is rotating as well. Those whose Third Eyes are at lower levels can see the Law Wheel spinning like a fan; those whose Third Eyes are at higher levels can see the whole image of the Law Wheel, which is incredibly beautiful and brilliant, and this encourages practitioners to more boldly forge ahead cultivating.

Hey Mel,

So have you started practicing Falun Gong? How has the law wheel helped you to protect yourself? Jus curious. thx

-Astral

Hey Mel,

So have you started practicing Falun Gong? How has the law wheel helped you to protect yourself? Jus curious. thx

-Astral

Hey,

It is awesome, It just took a very insightful person who read all my threads, and put them together... I have the OBE, Levitation, 11:11 now law wheel...

I understand whats going on with my body now. I have been opening that third eye, not all the way yet. But on my way. And I need the Gong, qi and chi to protect myself, and help others. When I get that far, I will tell all, I am just learning... Everyone needs to have these qualities about there self's so we use it right. And some other things... I will let you know more, when I do. Lots of work ahead of me. I'm so happy! It just is so flowing into me, like it is meant to be there. Really isn't work at all... Cultivating Truth, Kindness, and Tolerance Simultaneously...

Edited by goonis38

Cultivating Truth, Kindness, and Tolerance Simultaneously

Reminded me of Lao Tzu's "Three Treasures":

I have Three Treasures;

Guard them and keep them safe:

the first is Love.

The second is, Never too much.

The third is, Never be the first in the world.

Lin Yutang's translation.

Reminded me of Lao Tzu's "Three Treasures":

I have Three Treasures;

Guard them and keep them safe:

the first is Love.

The second is, Never too much.

The third is, Never be the first in the world.

Lin Yutang's translation.

Hi Mablehead,

I will send you the book if you like, it is for everyone. But we must read it all the way through... I really relate to it, you might too... Mel

"I like your saying"

Hi everyone,

I thought this was good for us all, I notice people get into it with each other on here, or even try and bait one another. Not on this thread, just general... And I thought this is something we can all learn from... Lets all grow in peace, and harmony, together... Hugs Mel

"They should turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to them, and be unaffected by people and things. I often say that the thoughts of everyday people cannot affect me.

I won't become happy when someone praises me, nor will I get upset when someone insults me. I remain unfazed no matter how serious the challenges for my character among everyday people may be. Practitioners should take all personal gain lightly and not even care about it.

Only then can your intention to become enlightened be considered mature. If you can be without strong pursuit of renown and personal gain, and even regard them as something trivial, then you won't get frustrated or upset and your mind will always stay calm. Once you can let go of everything, your mind will naturally become clear and still."

Edited by goonis38

Please continue to research.

Know the root of what you are studying.

Falun gong has "real" qigong techniques.

there are many who are sincere and with open hearts. The "real" techniques will have energetic results.....

BUT. Please understand the origins of the teacher, from outside the doctrine and propaganda. Please research more about Taoism and it's roots.

Your destiny is yours. It's a big world. Keep researching

Craig

there are many who are sincere and with open hearts. The "real" techniques will have energetic results.....

BUT. Please understand the origins of the teacher, from outside the doctrine and propaganda. Please research more about Taoism and it's roots.

Craig

Diplomatic Craig,

but your words:

"...Falun gong has "real" qigong techniques"

imo should be changed to: Falun has stolen parts of "real" qigong techniques.

Om

I won't be growing in harmony with a co-opting cult and their baiting methods, which you are apparently into and now also passing off as undebateable truth - namely Falun Gong. (btw since those later words are not your own, quotation marks and a name would generally be in order) Let's see - you went from asking basic questions here to falling for a nut case and posting his doctrine almost overnight, amazing but such things happen all the time. Look up Mr. Moon sometime then maybe you'll see the pattern...

Om

Oh... I am in no way saying those are my words. Sorry for not putting quotation marks... That was an oversight on my part... I thought I mad it clear who I was taking from, and about. I guess you miss understood. I would never try and pose as someone else.... But as I said Thank you for being so kind, as to point out my error... I will always try and remember my quotation marks...

Lets see my first thread here was about having an OBE twice, Fallen Angels, Levitation... So I wouldn't exactly say I was asking basic everyday question... Like I have said before this is the beauty of a forum we can all agree to disagree and thats ok. Live, laugh, and love... OM... Take care Melanie

Edited by goonis38

Craig

Thanks Craig,

You are very kind... It is great to learn from each and everything I can. I think almost everything has something to offer... I have had my of my own natural experiences, before looking into Chi, Qi, And Gong... And A person saw that I had went on an OBE and some other things where growing and happening in my life. Just going through a growing phase...

You are right, Sometimes things can have a darker side to them... On my OBE thread a person had wrote if I remember correctly" If it wasn't for his Gong, he wouldn't of been able to protect himself on the other plain" I know people that have never experience these things they sound strange to them...

Thanks again for your advise, I will follow it. But I'm almost done with this book, a friend on this forum gave me... And I relate to it all the way... But I will look into it, and everything more...

Take care Melanie

P.S. It was ironic that the post I had put up was about people and fighting on here, and baiting one another, flame wars, so to speak... And I got just the same response to the very exact thing... Strange... Melanie

Edited by goonis38

Diplomatic Craig,

but your words:

Om

"Everyone needs to have these qualities about there self's so we use it right. And some other things... I will let you know more, when I do. Lots of work ahead of me. I'm so happy! It just is so flowing into me, like it is meant to be there. Really isn't work at all... Cultivating Truth, Kindness, and Tolerance Simultaneously.."

Melanie

What is more strange to me Mel is that you miss the import of a key Falun Gong doctrine you quoted namely, "They should turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to them..." while at the same time preaching to members here that we should all agree to disagree...? Btw, I did understand where the words were coming from - just making the suggestion for future posts to help prevent possible misunderstandings.

No need to be coy with me; you were asking basic questions about things that could be called not so basic, but there is a difference in that imo, although that point is not a big biggy.

Namaskar

"Everyone needs to have these qualities about there self's so we use it right. And some other things... I will let you know more, when I do. Lots of work ahead of me. I'm so happy! It just is so flowing into me, like it is meant to be there. Really isn't work at all... Cultivating Truth, Kindness, and Tolerance Simultaneously.."

Melanie

Every good tradition cultivates Truth, kindness and tolerance as well as the rest of the Virtues...

Li Hongzi's hilarious assertion that only Falungong cultivates these is well, just plain ignorant.

His understanding about Buddhism and probably also about Taoism is just bunk.

I practiced Falun extensively for a few years, and yes it has some great energetic enhancements as well as helping develop certain powers, but It is a cult, so beware.

I learnt many years ago that just because you experience something good or 'miraculous' within a tradition or with some teacher, in no way means the source it comes through is good or miraculous...

Some times a student is just fresh and young, and ready to open up to all kinds of 'goodness' and nearly any crap old system can be this catalyst.

Unfortunatly in nearly every case like this, the student credits the teacher or teachings as being the catalyst rather than their own readyness.

Falun Dafa is a cult. A good Buddhist school or Taoist school will take you Far, Far, Far further.

Watch out for all the black and white exclusivness in the book as you read it. Notice the things that say will turn you or your friends into 'Evil' practitioners...

Beware....

lol

Seth.

Every good tradition cultivates Truth, kindness and tolerance as well as the rest of the Virtues...

Li Hongzi's hilarious assertion that only Falungong cultivates these is well, just plain ignorant.

I practiced Falun extensively for a few years, and yes it has some great energetic enhancements as well as helping develop certain powers, but It is a cult, so beware.

I learnt many years ago that just because you experience something good or 'miraculous' within a tradition or with some teacher, in no way means the source it comes through is good or miraculous...

Some times a student is just fresh and young, and ready to open up to all kinds of 'goodness' and nearly any crap old system can be this catalyst.

Unfortunatly in nearly every case like this, the student credits the teacher or teachings as being the catalyst rather than their own readyness.

Falun Dafa is a cult. A good Buddhist school or Taoist school will take you Far, Far, Far further.

Watch out for all the black and white exclusivness in the book as you read it. Notice the things that say will turn you or your friends into 'Evil' practitioners...

Beware....

lol

Seth.

amen

I agree, Falun Gong is a cult and all the teachings are pulled straight out of Buddhist and Taoist teachings which find more clarity in their original context. There are far better books that talk about the Wheel of Karma, the Wheel of Time, the Wheel of Dharma and how that manifests as the microcosm of the individual. There are great works in Vajrayana that talk about the Universal Mandala and the Individual Mandala and how they co-relate. Works on Highest Yoga Tantra (Anuttarayoga Tantra), Works on Mahamudra, works on Secret Mantra and so on.

The Generation Stage in Buddhist Tantra

Creation and Completion: Essential Points of Tantric Meditation

If one wants a really in depth look at the above then: The Treasury of Knowledge

There are actually endless books out there that are good and qualified which surpass the Falun Gong black and white extreme and also muddled view.

Anyway... just be careful and study deeper is all I'm saying.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I agree, Falun Gong is a cult and all the teachings are pulled straight out of Buddhist and Taoist teachings which find more clarity in their original context. There are far better books that talk about the Wheel of Karma, the Wheel of Time, the Wheel of Dharma and how that manifests as the microcosm of the individual. There are great works in Vajrayana that talk about the Universal Mandala and the Individual Mandala and how they co-relate. Works on Highest Yoga Tantra (Anuttarayoga Tantra), Works on Mahamudra, works on Secret Mantra and so on.

The Generation Stage in Buddhist Tantra

Creation and Completion: Essential Points of Tantric Meditation

If one wants a really in depth look at the above then: The Treasury of Knowledge

There are actually endless books out there that are good and qualified which surpass the Falun Gong black and white extreme and also muddled view.

Anyway... just be careful and study deeper is all I'm saying.

well said VJ.

Om

Diplomatic Craig,

but your words:

Om

Proof? Did your higher/avatar-self tell you? How do you know it's not the other way around?

You follow a certain school, way of thinking right? If you call FG a cult then you also practice may be called a cult.

Being good and zhen shan ren principles are not the Taoism Buddhism or any schools/religions' trademark, they are universal principles.

Of course there can be extremists in any school. But they don't define the norm since they are exception, and not the majority.

FG may not be for everyone. What problems FG is causing and how are you threatened by them?

Edited by levo

Most JW folks are also decent, upright people.

They do good things, and practice much forbearance.

Yet they too are labelled a cult.

I think the determining factor is not how righteous or hideous cult-members are.

When one person, or a group, takes something mainstream and conjure up a whole new set of teachings, and then telling its followers to forsake mainstream in favor of a more evolved, complete and genuine article (to include, of course, the glorification and veneration of the founder him/herself), when its obviously not that evolved, nor is it complete and certainly not genuine, then such a movement's motivation and underlying principles will definitely be scrutinized and its whole set-up be labelled dubious.

Of course we can all choose to simply not pay attention to these folks, just as its become the norm to politely choose to not indulge JW callers to our doors, many of whom are very pleasant and well-mannered. They are mostly not entertained not because they are crass, evangelistic, or ill-behaved, but simply because of what they represent, which is supposedly a Higher Truth, when in truth, the Higher Truth itself, if it so speaks, does not even whisper that its Higher than any other truths.

Beware....

lol

Seth.

I agree completely. And it is also the case that now you practice springforestqigong and get MORE out of that if I am not mistaken?

Thanks 3bob!

Om!

What's that stand for anyway... 3bob that is?

Well 3 is a favorite number and bob is my nick-name.

Om

Most JW folks are also decent, upright people.

They do good things, and practice much forbearance.

Yet they too are labelled a cult.

I think the determining factor is not how righteous or hideous cult-members are.

When one person, or a group, takes something mainstream and conjure up a whole new set of teachings, and then telling its followers to forsake mainstream in favor of a more evolved, complete and genuine article (to include, of course, the glorification and veneration of the founder him/herself), when its obviously not that evolved, nor is it complete and certainly not genuine, then such a movement's motivation and underlying principles will definitely be scrutinized and its whole set-up be labelled dubious.

Of course we can all choose to simply not pay attention to these folks, just as its become the norm to politely choose to not indulge JW callers to our doors, many of whom are very pleasant and well-mannered. They are mostly not entertained not because they are crass, evangelistic, or ill-behaved, but simply because of what they represent, which is supposedly a Higher Truth, when in truth, the Higher Truth itself, if it so speaks, does not even whisper that its Higher than any other truths.

it gave them birth

Om

Proof? Did your higher/avatar-self tell you? How do you know it's not the other way around?

You follow a certain school, way of thinking right? If you call FG a cult then you also practice may be called a cult.

Being good and zhen shan ren principles are not the Taoism Buddhism or any schools/religions' trademark, they are universal principles.

Of course there can be extremists in any school. But they don't define the norm since they are exception, and not the majority.

FG is not for everyone. What problems FG is causing and how are you threatened by them?

Words borrowed and recopied below from Mr. CowTao, quote:

"When one person, or a group, takes something mainstream and conjure up a whole new set of teachings, and then telling its followers to forsake mainstream in favor of a more evolved, complete and genuine article (to include, of course, the glorification and veneration of the founder him/herself), when its obviously not that evolved, nor is it complete and certainly not genuine, then such a movement's motivation and underlying principles will definitely be scrutinized and its whole set-up be labelled dubious."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with these meanings.

Om

Edited by 3bob

Hi Mel! Just wanted to add my thoughts here since I have practiced this before. :)

I agree, I did find the book very good and the teaching very good and the exercises very good too.

However, when you get past that, to the heart of the "movement" that is Falun Gong, there is a whole lot I can just not understand or agree with.

Once you get past the exercises and the book...well there is a long history there of Falun Gong in China and accusations of abuses and the leader Master Li had to leave and come to the US. Now there are accusations of members being tortured, jailed, and even harvested for body parts.

IMO Falun Gong has come to the point where at its root it has become more about a crusade against persecution than about cultivation. In fact Li has gone from teaching only the exercises, to adding the teachings, and now according to him you can not cultivate anything in his school without making "validating the Fa" or "rectifying the Fa" one of your main priorities. There is a news paper they have for this, a traveling theater production, flyers, all kinds of ways you can make yourself useful to the cause.

I guess what I am really trying to make a point of is that if you are looking to work on yourself and learn about yourself there are a lot of ways to do that. Falun Gong has some good tools I guess, but just be aware that you are getting into what is much more of a movement than strictly a cultivation school or technique. In order to be part of that school and succeed, according to it's master, you will have to become part of that movement and part of that cause. The feeling I got from reading the book and practicing was pretty good, especially when it was new. The feeling I got about the whole movement was kind of dark and weird. Once I decided to just let it all go and find my own way it was very liberating and freeing.

I think there is really something you can pick up and learn from the book if the concepts and ideas are new to you, but it's true what others have said here that these are principals taught by many and not exclusive to Falun Gong.

Keep working on yourself! :D It is something I strive for too and it is an awesome thing! That's what cultivation is I guess. Cultivating your body and mind, health and virtue. Becoming peaceful and content with who you are and where you are at any given moment in time.

Good luck with whatever you do!!! :P