Thelittlemouse

Asking a girl out at yoga class....

So this may seem like a weird question, but I have been attenedign this yoga studio for almost a year now pretty religiously. I don't go to bars or do very many typical social things for a 23 year old, but i do like to do things like hike and play and meditate etc. I wanted to put it out there to see what comes back, How do you ask a girl out in a yoga class, because all the other places don't seem to have women that vibe with me?

My problem with it is two fold:

1.) I get pretty floaty after a good yoga class and am not really "myself" and usually don't like to be bothered.....

2.) I feel like a yoga studio is a safe place where people go to not be harassed and to zone out into the flow, so it feels kind of violating to go into someones space like that.

But I find myself bored of being alone, not for lack of women, I am cute and get hit on enough, but for lack of women who aren't completely wrapped up in this illusion.... I seem to attract women who aren't on a path other than the American one.... Maybe that is what I need though, someone not into this stuff so i can stay a little more grounded....

anyways, how do you guys ask a girl out in a space of self inquiry like a yoga class. There I feel like my chances of meeting a girl in my wave length are better.

So this may seem like a weird question, but I have been attenedign this yoga studio for almost a year now pretty religiously. I don't go to bars or do very many typical social things for a 23 year old, but i do like to do things like hike and play and meditate etc. I wanted to put it out there to see what comes back, How do you ask a girl out in a yoga class, because all the other places don't seem to have women that vibe with me?

My problem with it is two fold:

1.) I get pretty floaty after a good yoga class and am not really "myself" and usually don't like to be bothered.....

2.) I feel like a yoga studio is a safe place where people go to not be harassed and to zone out into the flow, so it feels kind of violating to go into someones space like that.

But I find myself bored of being alone, not for lack of women, I am cute and get hit on enough, but for lack of women who aren't completely wrapped up in this illusion.... I seem to attract women who aren't on a path other than the American one.... Maybe that is what I need though, someone not into this stuff so i can stay a little more grounded....

anyways, how do you guys ask a girl out in a space of self inquiry like a yoga class. There I feel like my chances of meeting a girl in my wave length are better.

Not really sure. I have never done that myself but I have flirted with girls in yoga classes through the way I have looked at them and they have looked at me. So in my experience at least it is not like all girls want everything to be asexual when they are in a yoga studio. What I think would be a safe option would be just to engage in conversation after class (or before if possible) in a casual manner and take it from there. After a five minute convo I am sure you have both landed and most girls would be back in a mind space where they are open to being asked out.

You could also look online specifically for girls with such interests. I should even thing there are specifically spiritual dating sites.

Anyway, there are way more girls than guys into such things so your market position will be beneficial once you start dating such girls. They know very well it is harder for them to find a spiritual man than for you to find a spiritual girl.

Just make small talk and have fun. Most likely you will be asked out if you are talkative, and don't seem so spaced out.

But don't expect them to be as spiritual as you. Yoga class is purely about fitness/de-stressing for a lot of people.

Good luck!

Anyway, there are way more girls than guys into such things so your market position will be beneficial once you start dating such girls. They know very well it is harder for them to find a spiritual man than for you to find a spiritual girl.

Thank you, all it ever takes is a shift in perspective and this is definitely the one i needed today : )

If you see her regularly raise the level of interest by one notch each time you see her don't go all out. Just start with simple conversation, then next time ask about she's been since last time and so on. Don't push just gently get to know her more and then ask her out - it either goes somewhere or it doesn't. Don't put yourself under pressure especially after yoga.

(I don't mean this in a manipulative way ... not PUA or whatever ... I mean really give yourself time to get to know her ... then you'll do what's right.)

Thank you, all it ever takes is a shift in perspective and this is definitely the one i needed today : )

Cool. after having taken a bunch of yoga classes and yoga workshop I have become used to being one of very few or the only man in the group. My first yoga retreat was me, a single middle aged guy, a guy and his wife, two gay men and 12 girls or so. Another workshop was me and TWENTY girls. Once guys find out they`ll be taking yoga classes just for the easy access to girls :lol:

"do you ever practice outside?"

"Girl, I like yoga, but it really loses a lot not doing it in nature"

"do you know any place where it is possible to practice"

-"no I don't know that? Could you bring me?"

"Do you know of any good vegetarian place around here"

Ask after yoga, while you are still lying on the mat. Ask as if you were just waking up from the most superb dream.

In general it's easier to hook up during a workshop.

Or before class:

"I need a massage"

"here, let me give you a massage"

"I just learned this foot massage, let me try it on you. [joking tone]Tell me if it's VERY painful[/joking tone]"

hahah maybe I should start taking yoga classes too o.O

To attract her, don't talk about yourself so she wants to find out more about you and don't act as you want to date her. Just be in the present moment with her and have fun. Eventually she will ask YOU out! Or if she is too shy just say "im going for a beer afterwords, want to come along?" or something like that. Ask her like if she just was your friend and not a date or something.

"do you ever practice outside?"

"Girl, I like yoga, but it really loses a lot not doing it in nature"

"do you know any place where it is possible to practice"

-"no I don't know that? Could you bring me?"

"Do you know of any good vegetarian place around here"

Ask after yoga, while you are still lying on the mat. Ask as if you were just waking up from the most superb dream.

In general it's easier to hook up during a workshop.

Or before class:

"I need a massage"

"here, let me give you a massage"

"I just learned this foot massage, let me try it on you. [joking tone]Tell me if it's VERY painful[/joking tone]"

Haha Pro. Where do I sign up For Classes?

Use your Chi.. I mean Chai. Tell her you've found a place that makes amazing Chai and ask if she'd like to join you there after class next week. Step 2, finding a place that serves chai.

Michael

You could just ask her for her number, so when your not feeling so spacy, you could call her up and talk then lol.

Cool. after having taken a bunch of yoga classes and yoga workshop I have become used to being one of very few or the only man in the group. My first yoga retreat was me, a single middle aged guy, a guy and his wife, two gay men and 12 girls or so. Another workshop was me and TWENTY girls. Once guys find out they`ll be taking yoga classes just for the easy access to girls :lol:

Know the feeling! I've noticed that usually after class everybody just scatters. Once in a while you exchange pleasantries, but surprisingly it's not a very social setting.

Hehehehe.

I was wondering when someone was going to post IYG on this thread.

Yoga classes aren't necessarily "spiritual" and when I get "looks" in one I just assume that the guy is probably interested in how far I can get my legs over my head :lol:

I also note that when I say "I do yoga" the "how far I wonder she can put her legs over her head" expression comes over some men :P

Get to know people, people. :)

Hehehehe.

Yoga classes aren't necessarily "spiritual" and when I get "looks" in one I just assume that the guy is probably interested in how far I can get my legs over my head :lol:

I also note that when I say "I do yoga" the "how far I wonder she can put her legs over her head" expression comes over some men :P

So what's the answer? LOL

Use your Chi.. I mean Chai. Tell her you've found a place that makes amazing Chai and ask if she'd like to join you there after class next week. Step 2, finding a place that serves chai.

Michael

What the heck is Chai?

Hehehehe.

Lmfao

Hey,

Every relationship I have been in has been long term like, 5 years, 5 years, 13 years... And a couple one years in there some where... But It always seems like you just see one another a draw to each other like a magnet... It is either hot or cold.

I can see a person way across a crowded room, and they see me and together get goes...

It may not last forever, but it last. Love is beautiful, and special... Good luck to you. You don't need it, that woman will come along, and you will see her and a voice will say "that is the one", and you will know what to do...

Take care Mel

Guest paul walter

Ok, I've been biting my tongue for a while, here goes. Can the moderators get policy on this sort of thing (and illness advice on the Discussion board, career advice, sexual problems etc) and apply it? I know the usual reasons for everything being equal in the end but really things are slippping more and more and people are really taking advantage of the lack of standards. Not to mention the number of times threads are started on topics which were just discussed (sometimes more than once)...maybe new-comers need it stressed that they need to explore the site and history of topics a bit more? Thanks, Paul

Ok, I've been biting my tongue for a while, here goes. Can the moderators get policy on this sort of thing (and illness advice on the Discussion board, career advice, sexual problems etc) and apply it? I know the usual reasons for everything being equal in the end but really things are slippping more and more and people are really taking advantage of the lack of standards. Not to mention the number of times threads are started on topics which were just discussed (sometimes more than once)...maybe new-comers need it stressed that they need to explore the site and history of topics a bit more? Thanks, Paul

Dont blame you for feeling a bit snowed-under, Paul.

Its amazing how easily unplugged we can be when mindfulness is left dwindling at the backs of our minds.

The atmosphere here can do with a bit of re-ionizing i think.

(Where is Ronnie Mahalingam, or whatever his name was? :lol: :lol: )

Guest paul walter

Dont blame you for feeling a bit snowed-under, Paul.

Its amazing how easily unplugged we can be when mindfulness is left dwindling at the backs of our minds.

The atmosphere here can do with a bit of re-ionizing i think.

(Where is Ronnie Mahalingam, or whatever his name was? :lol: :lol: )

Oh, good, was afraid I'd be the odd one out as usual :lol: Don't know where Ronnie is--should we start a Where's Ronnie? thread to put the word out :lol::P

Edited by paul walter

Oh, good, was afraid I'd be the odd one out as usual :lol: Don't know where Ronnie is--should we start a Where's Ronnie? thread to put the word out :lol::P

To be honest Paul, I think it's up to us old timers to keep the level of this board where it should be to our standards.

I think this question is an excellent entryway into topics yielding great potential for fruitful inquiry of matters spiritual.

My 2 kroner, just right off the cuff is when mixing your spiritual life and your love life, you should never, and I mean NEVER attempt to use your spiritual hue, or halo or whatever spiritual resume you might have to show off! Never! Besides that, just apply whatever mojo you've got workin for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO4_DCVhIKA&feature=player_embedded