Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Your parents..

Ok, I was going to go to Tempe(land of Arizona State hotties) but remembered the Ultimate Fighter is on tonight so I will create a couple posts hopefully to open some deeper discussion about who we are and what we are doing on this planet.

First one..what are your parents to you? Are they the people who biologically brought you into the world and cared for you? Are they people who perhaps were too controling and or helepd you spread your wings and fly? Do you feel you owe a debt to your parents or never want to speak with them again?

For me, I love my parents but there is so much ego on a personal level since they are both more or less religious fanatics. My Mom is a die hard Catholic who basically thinks every other path is BS and my Dad is a vegan who has a superiority complex about eating the diet God intended or whatever(fruits basically, no meat).

The couple times I tried to talk to them about eastern wisdom, or things like enlightenment there was so much resistance I more or less accepted it's not for them, or any of my other family members, siblings, atleast at this point in time, and I am ok with that.

So where do your families relate with all of this. Do they think your a weirdo in his own world whenever you bring up things like having self intercourse(kan and li) and not manipulating your experiences but allowing what is...

Or are they cool/chill and actually understand things you are into spiritually?

Cam

Edited by Cameron

my parents are both strong buddhists.

i have clashed with them on this level because i just don't see buddhism as being a clear path.... but obviously there is some kind of residual resistance from my dad trying so hard while i was growing up to get me to be a buddhist.

i'm just letting them be as they are now.

i love my parents for raising me and supporting me.... but in all true honesty i don't feel a lot of connection to them.

i understand genetically i am related to them, but other than that i am my own being. they are responsible for my physical body and a lot of the conditioning that has caused these personalities (my actors role) that i currently portray and i give them credit for that.... but that's it, really.

i love them in the same way i am coming to love everyone.

might sound weird, but thats kind of the way i feel.

awesome. I remember reading somewhere you know you are developing spiritually when you see your parents the way you see all other beings...

Sign in to follow this