mantis

Grigori Rasputin

He was one of the most influential people in Russian during the beginnings of the 20th century! Rasputin is a legend! To kill him they poisoned him with enough poison to kill 5 people - no effect, they shot him at least 4 times in close range - no effect, they stabbed him and they even cut off his penis - no effect, they wrapped him in a carpet and he was thrown in the icy Neva river - no effect either because he escaped his bonds, but he eventually drowned.

He was a mystic and a healer as well as a great seducer (he was very famous for being well-endowed).

Edited by yiannis

He was one of the most influential people in Russian during the beginnings of the 20th century! Rasputin is a legend! To kill him they poisoned him with enough poison to kill 5 people - no effect, they shot him at least 4 times in close range - no effect, they stabbed him and they even cut off his penis - no effect, they wrapped him in a carpet and he was thrown in the icy Neva river - no effect either because he escaped his bonds, but he eventually drowned.

He was a mystic and a healer as well as a great seducer (he was very famous for being well-endowed).

Hm I Hadn't heard the cutting off the penis part. I would'nt let that slide haha.

I figure he was pretty developed, just did things in his personal interest. Afterall he was an asset to alot of people.

It's really difficult to discern the truth about Rasputin because 99% of all the information demonizing the man was derived from publications by the main player in the assassination, both the creator of the conspiracy and the hands-on killer, Prince Felix Yusupov. Of course he presented his victim in the most unfavorable light possible.

I researched the story a bit, a while ago... The feud appears to be ancient... The Yusupovs were one of the richest families in the world, and Prince Felix, an Oxford-educated handsome transvestite and tennis champion, was at one point the richest man in Russia (with the exception of the czar, whose niece, Irina, he married.) They made their fortune centuries before by exploiting Siberia, dealing in land and fur trade. Rasputin comes from the part of Siberia subdued by the Yusupovs way back at the time of Genghis Khan (one of the Yusupovs ancestors, but not the earliest one -- they trace their origins to the prophet Mohammed). Assassination and political manipulation was the family tradition for centuries... The Genghis Khan connection is matrilineal, via Sumbeki, a daughter or a granddaughter (don't remember exacty) who married the guy who killed her first husband and then the guy who killed her second one, then apparently killed the third husband herself.

Prince Felix may have resented Rasputin as competition, among other things, because he was the official pretty boy of the empire, and some unkempt peasant having success with the very aristocratic gals who were supposed to be his very own fans must have been intolerable.

Rasputin, in the meantime, was one of those folks in Siberia who retained access to "the old ways," shamanic ways some of which appear to be proto-taoist and proto-tantric, in particular the ones that include the practice of communal bedchamber arts. One of the first things that was done by Russia's new government in Siberia after the revolution was to kill all local shamans they could find. "The old ways" have been under murderous attack from all directions for quite a while... so I would take with a huge grain of salt any and all "information"

"denouncing" any and all of them...

This is true. I've read that he started his practice with a very innocent intent. Like most of us he wanted to achieve so called "enlightenment" but then he got drunk of his power and was slowly swayed right onto the dark side and was attached to the physical satisfaction of the senses. Why is this always happens? Someone goes searching for the path then after he acquired power then falls into the other side. A human vicious cycle?

SY

This is true. I've read that he started his practice with a very innocent intent. Like most of us he wanted to achieve so called "enlightenment" but then he got drunk of his power and was slowly swayed right onto the dark side and was attached to the physical satisfaction of the senses. Why is this always happens? Someone goes searching for the path then after he acquired power then falls into the other side. A human vicious cycle?

SY

This doesn't "always" happen. Only certain people get recognition in the media, and sometimes its not true anyway.

The unkowns are amazing.

It's really difficult to discern the truth about Rasputin because 99% of all the information demonizing the man was derived from publications by the main player in the assassination, both the creator of the conspiracy and the hands-on killer, Prince Felix Yusupov. Of course he presented his victim in the most unfavorable light possible.

I researched the story a bit, a while ago... The feud appears to be ancient... The Yusupovs were one of the richest families in the world, and Prince Felix, an Oxford-educated handsome transvestite and tennis champion, was at one point the richest man in Russia (with the exception of the czar, whose niece, Irina, he married.) They made their fortune centuries before by exploiting Siberia, dealing in land and fur trade. Rasputin comes from the part of Siberia subdued by the Yusupovs way back at the time of Genghis Khan (one of the Yusupovs ancestors, but not the earliest one -- they trace their origins to the prophet Mohammed). Assassination and political manipulation was the family tradition for centuries... The Genghis Khan connection is matrilineal, via Sumbeki, a daughter or a granddaughter (don't remember exacty) who married the guy who killed her first husband and then the guy who killed her second one, then apparently killed the third husband herself.

Prince Felix may have resented Rasputin as competition, among other things, because he was the official pretty boy of the empire, and some unkempt peasant having success with the very aristocratic gals who were supposed to be his very own fans must have been intolerable.

Rasputin, in the meantime, was one of those folks in Siberia who retained access to "the old ways," shamanic ways some of which appear to be proto-taoist and proto-tantric, in particular the ones that include the practice of communal bedchamber arts. One of the first things that was done by Russia's new government in Siberia after the revolution was to kill all local shamans they could find. "The old ways" have been under murderous attack from all directions for quite a while... so I would take with a huge grain of salt any and all "information"

"denouncing" any and all of them...

I was looking forward to your post. Thanks. :)

Guest paul walter

Anyone know anything about this guy?

yeah, like Taomeow said. Also, there's a theory/suspicion he was in the Tunguska area in 1908 when the meteorite hit clearing about 900 square miles of forest. Some say his 'powers' came from exposure to that event. Like much of Russian 'history' this may be bs. Long live Anastasia (the new one/fraud I mean :P ) Paul.

Thank you for your informative post.

However, I think it was more the mere resentment on Yusupov's part that motivated him to assassinate Rasputin. I think it was intense hatred. Hatred of a commoner that rubbed elbows and manipulated and slept with the aristocracy. Some have ascribed the motive for the assassination as being political, but I don't believe that. Rather this seems to be a case of simple but extreme class warfare.

Thank you for your informative post.

However, I think it was more the mere resentment on Yusupov's part that motivated him to assassinate Rasputin. I think it was intense hatred. Hatred of a commoner that rubbed elbows and manipulated and slept with the aristocracy. Some have ascribed the motive for the assassination as being political, but I don't believe that. Rather this seems to be a case of simple but extreme class warfare.

That's very possible. Although Rasputin was not really a member of his class, and before he got accepted at the imperial court, he got rejected by his fellow peasants. A shaman of great power belongs up there, higher than any aristocracy -- or else nowhere. Of course Yusupov hated him obsessively, and there may be all kinds of reasons for that... Why do people hate people? I've heard thin girls say they hate fat girls, and vice versa. Go figure, pun intended...:lol:

Interesting enough that he was doing a lot of "standing meditation".. standing immobile for hours in a marsh areas tolerating multiple mosquito bites as redemption for his sins..