Ohm-Nei

Advice in 20 characters or less

When it comes to Chinese health concepts, what is the greatest piece of advice you can offer using 20 words or less?

General health...

Make sure bowels are moving all the time.

(All the water that can flow outta the tap aint no good if the sink is blocked ;))

General health...

Make sure bowels are moving all the time.

(All the water that can flow outta the tap aint no good if the sink is blocked ;))

All the time?

All the time?

Fundamentally, yes. Its all the little movements that create the one big movement, if you know what i mean.

Conversely, its the little blockages as well that lead to one major one.

And this applies to other facets of life too, i think.

The analogy of the sink is a good example, i hope.

A collection of little strands of hair, over time, can cause quite a nasty block. Do we really notice all the individual strands tangling each other up to form a knotted ball? Generally we don't, because generally, we tend not to mind these small, individual strands. But i think it pays to be mindful of each strand, and remove them before they become a collective and compounded problem.

Edited by CowTao

When it comes to Chinese health concepts, what is the greatest piece of advice you can offer using 20 words or less?

Study Chinese health concepts.

All the time?

Fundamentally, yes. Its all the little movements that create the one big movement, if you know what i mean.

Ok I see what you mean. I had visions of being permanently on the toilet.

never never never give up,

be all you can be.

and, one quote i've seen around and liked:

enlightenment may not be what you think, so just seek to evolve,.,.

^_^

I used to worry all the time about life, the future, career, health, relationships, money, family, the past and a lot of things. And I asked one of my spiritual mentor for an advice and he gave me that simple quote below.

"Seek first the kingdom(GOD,spirituality,meditation, light, silence, universe, etc.) and everything will be given unto you."

I didn't understand the deeper meaning of it at first but as I go along the path I started to realize that all we have to do is let go and let god and "trust" that it will be done. Now, I'm a very business-minded logical person (used to) and for me I want to be in control all the time and telling me "something" is going to do it for me without an assurance is kinda hard to swallow. But then again when we empty our heart and soul and indulge in the great silence of god/spiritual and keep it there, its energy will rush in and take over and everything will be taken cared of without much effort.

SY

Edited by SirYuri

Cultivate good habits.

Treat others how THEY want to be treated.

Still the waters.

"You know what my advice is? Fuck my advice, live your life."

-Talib Kweli

Edit: oh whoops, this is supposed to be about Chinese health concepts.

Edited by Scotty