goonis38

Levitation

Hi everyone,

Ok... This is going to sound weird, But I'm hoping not to weird. And maybe someone can give me some insight on this. Now I don't practice any religion, but reading of the Bible, and praying. I like to listen to everyone on heres Idea's so I think everything has something to offer. I would say I am open minded...

Ok I had an experience tonight while I meditating, and last night same thing, but the placement of my arms where different. And in the past it had happened before, but only elbow up. This time whole arm all the way up. But just laying on my back listening to relaxing music, relaxing from my toes all the way up. Keeping my mind blank. I also started working on clearing my shakras bottom to top of head... I started moving my energy from my toes, to my head, and back, and forth, slowly. I felt floaty... And little by little my arms start to raise all the way straight up in the air. I just went with it. Keep my breathing going. And it held there awhile, and slowly lowered them gently back down on the bed.

I wasn't asleep for sure, if anyone is wondering this. And I'm not crazy, that I know of...lol So has anyone had this experience? and know what causes it? I felt no negative energy around me at all. Very peaceful experience. I would be able to feel negative energy.

So reason for this, anyone at all? Self induced? Spiritual? Any idea would be wonderful...

Thank You Melanie

Edited by goonis38

Guest paul walter

Hi everyone,

Ok... This is going to sound weird, But I'm hoping not to weird. And maybe someone can give me some insight on this. Now I don't practice any religion, but reading of the Bible, and praying. I like to listen to everyone on heres Idea's so I think everything has something to offer. I would say I am open minded...

Ok I had an experience tonight while I meditating, and last night same thing but the placement of my arms where different. And in the past it had happened before, but only elbow up, this time whole arm all the way up. But just laying on my back listening to relaxing music, relaxing from my toes all the way up, telling every part of my body to relax, keeping my mind blank, I started moving my energy from my toes to my head, and back and forth slowly. I felt so relaxed. I felt floaty. And little by little, my arms start to raise all the way straight up in the air. I just went with it, keep my breathing going. And it held there awhile and slowly lowered them gently back down on the bed.

I wasn't asleep for sure, if anyone is wondering this. And I'm not crazy that I know of...lol So has anyone had this experience? and know what causes it? I felt no negative energy around me at all. Very peaceful experience. I would be able to feel negative energy.

So reason for this, anyone at all? Self induced? Spiritual? Any idea would be wonderful...

Thank You Melanie

This is normal. It's just the chi taking over when the gross motor functions of the body are no longer 'held' (relaxed) to the extent that the life-force becomes able to flow of its own accord. Tai-chi and qigong has this as part of their practices too-- such things just 'train' the chi to flow smoothly and completely so it becomes the motivating factor in movement. And yes, the end result of all this is levitation--don't fly away,Paul.

This is normal. It's just the chi taking over when the gross motor functions of the body are no longer 'held' (relaxed) to the extent that the life-force becomes able to flow of its own accord. Tai-chi and qigong has this as part of their practices too-- such things just 'train' the chi to flow smoothly and completely so it becomes the motivating factor in movement. And yes, the end result of all this is levitation--don't fly away,Paul.

Wow...

Cool Thanks, I was worried there for a minute. I felt very light, had covers over me. So I will stay at my work. Any suggestions for me?

Sounds like I need to be doing some other practices, I'm sure. Does this happen to everyone?

Flying... I us to dream. I would fly, all over the place. So Tai-chi and qigong... I live in the middle of no where. Just start reading, and getting some CD's and practice this way. I have had no training in this, just started meditating. Does this come to some people quicker than others, or all the same?

Thank you for answering this for me. I don't feel to weird now. That was scary admitting that one. Didn't want the white coats to show up...lol

Ok... Take care, Thanks again... Melanie

Wow...

Cool Thanks, I was worried there for a minute. I felt very light, had covers over me. So I will stay at my work. Any suggestions for me?

Sounds like I need to be doing some other practices, I'm sure. Does this happen to everyone?

Flying... I us to dream. I would fly, all over the place. So Tai-chi and qigong... I live in the middle of no where. Just start reading, and getting some CD's and practice this way. I have had no training in this, just started meditating. Does this come to some people quicker than others, or all the same?

Thank you for answering this for me. I don't feel to weird now. That was scary admitting that one. Didn't want the white coats to show up...lol

thats your astral body

Guest paul walter

Wow...

Yeah, you seem like the kind of person who could "fly all over the place" given the chance ;) . Doing qigong helps ground/contol things in this direction, also meditations. Doesn't happen to everyone, everyone is different, at different levels in terms of strengths and weaknesses to overcome--but could happen to everyone given the right conditions I suppose. You obviously have a lot of 'potential' in this area if you're a novice/self-guided. Don't worry about advice from people like me etc cause you are obviously doing something right, just go with it but stay grounded. I remember when something like this happened to me a long time ago (a real breakthrough) with dreams of flying, lightness, my arms would swing above my head when walking in for sheer joy of being alive(it felt like they had a life of their own!). It all came on from being very relaxed in my mind/body and letting everything go. You can lose these things through worrying about them. Paul

Yeah, you seem like the kind of person who could "fly all over the place" given the chance ;) . Doing qigong helps ground/contol things in this direction, also meditations. Doesn't happen to everyone, everyone is different, at different levels in terms of strengths and weaknesses to overcome--but could happen to everyone given the right conditions I suppose. You obviously have a lot of 'potential' in this area if you're a novice/self-guided. Don't worry about advice from people like me etc cause you are obviously doing something right, just go with it but stay grounded. I remember when something like this happened to me a long time ago (a real breakthrough) with dreams of flying, lightness, my arms would swing above my head when walking in for sheer joy of being alive(it felt like they had a life of their own!). It all came on from being very relaxed in my mind/body and letting everything go. You can lose these things through worrying about them. Paul

Hey there,

Yes I would if I could given half the chance. You got me right on the money... so the qigong is what controls things. I heard some people talking they said men have the qi and woman have the chi and thats why we are attracted to one another is this so? Or do we both have it? Please excuse all my questions. hope you don't mind. Thank you so much. Mel

Hey there,

Yes I would if I could given half the chance. You got me right on the money... so the qigong is what controls things. I heard some people talking they said men have the qi and woman have the chi and thats why we are attracted to one another is this so? Or do we both have it? Please excuse all my questions. hope you don't mind. Thank you so much. Mel

We both have it. In chinese herbology it is said men benefit more from chi tonics and women benefit more from blood tonics.

Chi and qi are the same. Just two different spellings.

thats your astral body

Hi, I understand the difference in my astral body and my own. And this was my own arms. Are you saying my astral arms, where raising my own arms? That would make since. I was also covered up, and I felt that if the covers where not holding me down, I was light enough and almost could feel my body itself lift a little.

Now to explain how I know the difference between my astral body and my own. I have had two OBE, and I have looked down upon my body on several occasions. But this is why this was so alarming to me in away, because it was my own arms, not to say my astral arms are not my own. I just meditated again, and it happened again. I think it is amazing. I just wanted to make sure everything is on track. I was told by another PM all normal. I will go with that, for now. Any other thought please let me know... Thank you... Mel

Edited by goonis38

We both have it. In chinese herbology it is said men benefit more from chi tonics and women benefit more from blood tonics.

Chi and qi are the same. Just two different spellings.

Ok... Thank you, So if we benefit from one another, this is intended I'm sure. Isn't it amazing how everything compliments each other so beautiful... The clouds and the sky, and so on. Take care Mel

Edited by goonis38

I felt floaty... And little by little my arms start to raise all the way straight up in the air. I just went with it. Keep my breathing going. And it held there awhile, and slowly lowered them gently back down on the bed.

You were accessing lighter energy, very broadly categorized as "heaven" energy, and generally there is the process of blending and balancing heaven and earth energies through the human body. :)

One of the most fundamental 'rooting' practices in Taoism is simply to stand, "zhan zhuang".

- Trunk

"Levity is levitation in drag."

- Confucious ;)

You were accessing lighter energy, very broadly categorized as "heaven" energy, and generally there is the process of blending and balancing heaven and earth energies through the human body. :)

One of the most fundamental 'rooting' practices in Taoism is simply to stand, "zhan zhuang".

- Trunk

"Levity is levitation in drag."

- Confucious ;)

Hey,

Thanks for the information Trunk...

But I meditate a long time sometimes hour or more, standing for that long might me hard. Also I notice eyes open in meditation... I have been closing mine. I might try a little while of standing, and do other part laying at first... My hands came together one time late yesterday during a meditation. Could be trying to show me something. The came very close just didn't touch, but to where the heat between my hands would heat up... Thank you again... Mel

Guest paul walter

Hey there,

Hello Mel--I'm not particularly knowledgable on any of this but have 'seen' a few things, so to speak. Qigong is good at controlling chi, yes, which is what all this practice stuff is trying to do (control to the extent that when it is let to be 'natural' after all the work it is 'healthy' natural, unlike the state of most peoples' energy now-a-days) . Of course you can always go the quick route and simply let everything go and see what happens (though I imagine with your obligations this isn't the right time for that sort of thing). We both have chi, usually unbalanced to a very bad degree (hence all the love/relationship stuff :( that's not usually ideal). Ideally both male and female people are androgenous (not sexually speaking) and both have the capacity to balance their 'male' and 'female' energies to a high degree. I'd suggest you get some good books on chi theory and practice( neigong, tai-chi, qigong,etc) cause there is a real risk on TTB of asking a question and getting ten different answers from ten different people none of who are either right or wrong, just seeing things from their own experience and angle--it can get maddeningly frustrating. Susan (Shaktimama) seems to have a good handle on these sorts of things and has a lot of theoretical and practical knowledge in this area as well as the ability to communicate them, so she may be a good person to ask advice from on what texts might help you understand things etc. There would be other people here as well who would know their way around this stuff better than I but Susan is the most obvious person who comes to mind. Best, Paul

Edited by paul walter

Hello Mel--I'm not particularly knowledgable on any of this but have 'seen' a few things, so to speak. Qigong is good at controlling chi, yes, which is what all this practice stuff is trying to do (control to the extent that when it is let to be 'natural' after all the work it is 'healthy' natural, unlike the state of most peoples' energy now) . Of course you can always go the quick route and simply let everything go and see what happens (though I imagine with your obligations this isn't the right time for that sort of thing). We both have chi, usually unbalanced to a very bad gegree (hence all the love/relationship stuff :( that's not usually ideal).

Hey there,

I follow the Chi part is what causes this, and that we may have more chi than qi... But it's this last part, please explain

love/relationship stuff :( that's not usually ideal).

Sorry I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes, Thanks for explaining ahead of time and the post... Mel

Ok got the rest of your message, thank you. I will see if I run into her. I hate to bother people, I try and respect them and not bother... Maybe we will come each others way... Sounds like a great mentor... Take care Melanie

Edited by goonis38

Guest paul walter

Hey there,

I follow the Chi part is what causes this, and that we may have more chi than qi... But it's this last part, please explain

Sorry I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes, Thanks for explaining ahead of time and the post... Mel

Ok got the rest of your message, thank you. I will see if I run into her. I hate to bother people, I try and respect them and not bother... Maybe we will come each others way... Sounds like a great mentor... Take care Melanie

:lol: Yeah, the relationship thing is just that given the social roles we are made to play we are automatically out of balance with the 'male' and the 'female' energy that is in us (and all around us of course--the yin and yang, to put it simply)so therefore it manifests in all sorts of behaviours like 'energy' vampirism, co-dependancy, conflict etc etc. Rarely is it 'equal', therefore balanced. In fact the societies we live in are true enemies of the sort of balance needed to get 'somewhere' (maybe why you are doing well "in the middle of nowhere" ?;) -best place to be!). Chi and qi denote the same thing, just different spellings though there are in fact many different forms of chi (from dense to subtle).

Yes, I suggested Susan cause she is quite thorough with her explanations but of course that's not to say she isn't very busy usually (she is). Paul.

It could be because you were totally relaxed and your nervous system just re acted, like when a person starts to sleep, they can have sudden body jolts or twitches.

Tension and the release of tension can do that kind of thing to the body.

Shaolin.

Hey there,

Yin energy is female and Yang is male. We all have both in us. But we all have more yin or more yang. Women tend to have more yin than yang and men more yang than yin usually (but not always). Men with more masculine energy are more focused and aware of the present whereas women with more feminine energy are more "with the flow", they like the colors, they love talking and everything... Chi/Qi is the Chinese for "energy", so yin and yang energy = yin and yang qi/chi

Am I right about all of this?

:lol: Yeah, the relationship thing is just that given the social roles we are made to play we are automatically out of balance with the 'male' and the 'female' energy that is in us (and all around us of course--the yin and yang, to put it simply)so therefore it manifests in all sorts of behaviours like 'energy' vampirism, co-dependancy, conflict etc etc. Rarely is it 'equal', therefore balanced. In fact the societies we live in are true enemies of the sort of balance needed to get 'somewhere' (maybe why you are doing well "in the middle of nowhere" ?;) -best place to be!). Chi and qi denote the same thing, just different spellings though there are in fact many different forms of chi (from dense to subtle).

Yes, I suggested Susan cause she is quite thorough with her explanations but of course that's not to say she isn't very busy usually (she is). Paul.

Hi there again,

Ok I follow now... The relationship thing. Yes our society is against anything that is not what they have set up for us to do. Especially where I live via Bible belt... This has just encouraged me to seek out other ideas, and belief systems, and ways of thinking...

But yet it would be great to think that living in the middle of nowhere might have it's plusses...

Did you say she Susan is Paul...lol I think I have spoken to him once... Ok take care Mel

Guest paul walter

Did you say she Susan is Paul...lol I think I have spoken to him once... Ok take care Mel

:lol: Hi Space Cadet :P no, I'm Paul...she's Susan ;) . I was saying she actually is very busy usually and then signed off with :Paul. ;). Indeed you have spoken to him once, for he sir, is me sir :P .

My arms were floating up to my neck in qigong last night and wanted to stay there too :D , couldn't force them back down without feeling Iwas going against the nature of things somehow :o:D --don't worry about such things-it's all fine. Paul

Edited by paul walter

:lol: Hi Space Cadet :P no, I'm Paul...she's Susan ;) . I was saying she actually is very busy usually and then signed off with :Paul. ;). Indeed you have spoken to him once, for he sir, is me sir :P .

My arms were floating up to my neck in qigong last night and wanted to stay there too :D , couldn't force them back down without feeling Iwas going against the nature of things somehow :o:D --don't worry about such things-it's all fine. Paul

Hey,

Sorry... Silly me!!

So your about to fly away to, cool. I told my husband tonight, if you come home from work. And have to go get me down, no worries...

You know it's funny, they make everything like this out to be so bad, and evil, or something. They the overly crazy movie making people. And

it is a beautiful thing... God gave us this body, and brain, to us it... "Not stick our heads in the sand"... Great to have a good friend like you paul, or is it Susan...lol

Ok take care Mel

Hi everyone,

Ok I had an experience tonight while I meditating, and last night same thing, but the placement of my arms where different. And in the past it had happened before, but only elbow up. This time whole arm all the way up. But just laying on my back listening to relaxing music, relaxing from my toes all the way up. Keeping my mind blank. I also started working on clearing my shakras bottom to top of head... I started moving my energy from my toes, to my head, and back, and forth, slowly. I felt floaty... And little by little my arms start to raise all the way straight up in the air. I just went with it. Keep my breathing going. And it held there awhile, and slowly lowered them gently back down on the bed.

I wasn't asleep for sure, if anyone is wondering this. And I'm not crazy, that I know of...lol So has anyone had this experience? and know what causes it? I felt no negative energy around me at all. Very peaceful experience. I would be able to feel negative energy.

Thank You Melanie

I sometimes get this feeling when I sit in Padmasana and also when I go through the Taijiquan form; I as yet have not got the vibe from Zhan Zhuang.

I sometimes get this feeling when I sit in Padmasana and also when I go through the Taijiquan form; I as yet have not got the vibe from Zhan Zhuang.

Hi there,

Ok... You get this feeling in sitting position to. I need to try different positions, sounds like... Thank you... Mel

Hi Mel. My arms go up in the air, too. :)

I dunno what is, it's something like receiving and being open. Embracing.

I might be concerned if my legs start doing it too...;)

legs receiving openly embracing..

...:))

hm.

sweet.

Hey Cat,

Lol on the legs, or just or whole body... Man... Good to know I'm not alone. Mel