Sign in to follow this  
That Guy

Dealing with fear and sorrow

So today I was coming home after a quick visit to the bank, and on the way I see and hear this old lady call out to me from across the road. She standing there, at the pedestrian crossing, the light is green and yet she kept calling to me.

I make my way there to see what exactly she is asking, we speak different languages but I understand most of what she says when I get closer. She is afraid to cross the road, she was asking me for reassurance to cross the road, she is almost blind.

So I take her hand and help cross the road, at the same time signaling to the cars not to come. We make it to the other side where she thanks me and tells me almost in tears how her poor sight makes her afraid to cross since she doesn't know if there is a car coming. She might have been there a few minutes for all I know, and she must have crossed a few other roads moments before (she had been grocery shopping).

We were kind of lost since she didn't speak english, and I kind of speak a broken version of her language at the moment, so I'm not sure how blind she is. But I asked her if she needed help getting home, to which she didn't need since she lived just around the corner.

So anyway, when this little old lady was telling me almost in tears, of her sorrow and how afraid she was, me a complete strange probably less than half her age, my heart just felt so heavy and I wished I could really do something to really aid her in the long term. All I can do is wish her the best and feel sad whenever I remember the moment, and so life goes on...

I'm not sure why, but I wanted to share the story, maybe because of how emotionally packed it was for me.

Cultivated chi and shen spirit from Taoist energy practice will attract people with problems to you, they intuitively feel your positive energy in contrast to their negative and feel they can get something out of you, whether they subconsciously seek your help/spiritual guidance through simple conversation talking to you, or are energy/psychic vampires and sense your strong energy and want to sap it from you by attempting to arouse anger, hate, jealousy, sexual arousal, etc. Love is the answer to all, our greatest asset, our greatest weapon, though it is not really a weapon obviously in traditional context, but infinitely stronger than any such. The energy frequency of love is the energy frequency of the highest level in the universe, the Tao-God...live in that energy frequency level, and you will always be on the Path, the Way, always know what to do, with non-doing.

Edited by fizix

When we meet another person we naturally, if open to it, feel a very close connection with that person.

It is difficult to see another person suffer, because you know what it's like to suffer yourself.

If you can help guide that person out of suffering, it is one way to find relief in yourself as well.

Another way is to remember the light inside yourself, that's ready to be accessed at any time. My advice to you, and to myself, is return to that light.

May it surround us both and cover this world.

thank you for the story :) I've spent too much time in my thoughts and fears, plagued with grief. Please say a prayer for me anyone who feels inclined.

Hi That Guy,

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Applecart,

My strength and energy to you as well as my Best Wishes.

Peace & Love!

When someone is in pain, it's my own pain I feel.

I was saying this to a couple of TTB the other day. My "empathy" levels seem like they have dropped a lot. However, at the same time I feel stronger. So I feel I can help someone out/comfort them better than I could before. Not avoid people who are going though tough times. I guess I feel whatever is the "thing" from the other person but it doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

There's also (for me) a fine line between being available to help and support people if they need it and doing it to feel/seem like a "good person". I've certainly been guilty of the latter. Probably still some of that left :ninja:

"There is nothing heavier than compassion. Not even one's own pain weigh so heavy as the pain one feels for another; pain intensified by the imagination and prolonged by a hundred echos." (Milan Kundera - Czech novelist, playwright and poet)

Sign in to follow this