Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Intestines/Sensation Problem?

Had a strange feeling, not sure if I should be worried.. Basically I was stretching lying on my back, and I straighten my back completely and tucked my pelvis in. I felt this big gas sensation a bit above my dan tien for the entire time I was laying like this. Which was about 2 seconds.

Dont know if I was just putting pressure on that part of intestines or something, anyway just a bit paranoid on the matter.

Feedback is appreciated

Hello!

That was just intuition. But I was wery interested in acupuncture before. And there are three main kind of headaches. They are located in different areas in the head. They are related to some problems in either the kidneys or the liver or the gall bladder, if I remember right. You can distinguish wich organ are bad by the locations in the head.

I have forgotten the location for the gall bladder but if you are interested I can look it up.

I want to change my advice to you. I think you should go to a qualified TCM doctor=acupuncturist. Theire might be something wrong with your gall bladder. If I were you I should check it up emidiately. There is no reason to wait, beacase those things have a tendency to go worse ower time and are easier to fix sooner than later.

FD

Hello!

That was just intuition. But I was wery interested in acupuncture before. And there are three main kind of headaches. They are located in different areas in the head. They are related to some problems in either the kidneys or the liver or the gall bladder, if I remember right. You can distinguish wich organ are bad by the locations in the head.

I have forgotten the location for the gall bladder but if you are interested I can look it up.

I want to change my advice to you. I think you should go to a qualified TCM doctor=acupuncturist. Theire might be something wrong with your gall bladder. If I were you I should check it up emidiately. There is no reason to wait, beacase those things have a tendency to go worse ower time and are easier to fix sooner than later.

FD

I'll get to seeing one eventually. Been eating steamed vegetables for breakfast every morning, so I'll continue to do that till then.

Ok.

I am interested to see hes/her diagnosis on you. And I hope you not wait to long. It is easy to let those things be and think time will fix it. Sometimes that is right but sometimes that is wrong. Often much easier to fix it sooner than later. :blush: Ohh I think I already wrote that.

Good luck to you :rolleyes:

FD

Hello!

I´m not shore why you are worried. Perhaps you should clarify to us why.

I have a suggestion though. I don´t know what exactly is your practise. But from my main practise the universal tao system, Mantak Chia, there is some wery good massage for the stomack. Peraps that is something to try for you.

One basic massage is. Start close to the navel and move around the navel while you are massaging: Start at the rigth side of the navel wery close to it. Massage with circular movements. Stay longer at points were you feel a sticky feeling, numbness or hardness in the stomack. Especially the sticky feeling. Move from the right side upwards and around the stomach, all the way around and close to the navel. On the second circle around you go a bit further out from the navel and keep going around. The circular massage is small circles at the same spot. When a spot has soften a bit you keep on going around the circles or maybe more correctly in the spiral around the navel.

If you want you can start with hotting up the hands, by moving the palms toghether to gather hot chi.

When you reach the troubled area, you will probably start to burb or get gas out the other way. Or there might start some movements in the intestines as well.

Don´t massage so hard so that it hurt in a bad way. The pain at the hardened spots should be a comfortable pain.

It is my suggestion that you try out this quite easy practise to see how it feels. One way to go further in this direction could be to try a therapheutic massage for the stomach chi nei tsang, also tought in the universal tao system.

Perhaps you got other wiser suggestions, but this could absolutely be a good start to try out. Of course there might be ohter good things as well. To stop drinking cofe if you do that. To stop drinking milk if you do that. To look at the substance many are alergig against which are in bread. (I forget the word for it in English). Or to look after some other adaption to your stomach conserning your diet, could be the next step.

FD

Hi there,

This is something else, They the woman in my family have always had digestion, and stomach, problems going to the bathroom to be frank and straight forward... And this stomach massage has been passed down from my Grandma to me. She was born in 1905. And I'm sure her mother and so on taught it to her. It works...

The more I read, the more I see a corallation between somethings I know and need to know. I just came upon this sight, I have only tryed one other site before. It is amazing how well, I understand the practices. I come from a mid-western town in Texas. You would think it would be as way of as it gets.

Speaking of my Grandma she never went to the doctor, she always knew how to cure herself, and our family, down to making her own eye drops. By simple things she would mix up. Or she would get some kind of plant that grew in the yard and boil it, and make something out of it. I was to young to understand. She is gone now, I wish I would of ask. She lived a long time, never going to the doctor, never taking any pills. And the minute they got ahold of her, they meaning the doctors. She started to get sick, she was so strong, she had ten children, and gave birth to them by herself mostly...

Take care, it will get better, I do that exact message... Melanie

Edited by goonis38

Thanks for sharing your story. It's always fascinating how we get to where we're at.

As I understand it, Chi Nei Tsang is a healing modality where a practicioner works on a patient. Unwinding the Belly is a title of a book and a methodology of incorporating chi nei tsang into a self-massage system (link in my signature). CNT and UWB are both based on the belly button as the primordial portal for each of us in the womb to receive energy and deposit wastes. After birth, the internal (astral?) structure is still there and is a location of much stress and hurting. By gently massaging and working on this area, we begin to dissolve the root concern for many aliments. For a much better explanation and proper instruction I will defer to the book (another excellent book is Chi Nei Tsang by Gilles Marin).

My feeling and experience is that doing the self massage gets you in touch with yourself at a core level. So many are afraid of themselves, mad at themselves, loath their bodies etc. What CNT and UWB do is get you to touch yourself, communicate with your body in an intimate way and begin the process of liking yourself. Until you get to that point, healing is very difficult.

When I first started, all sorts of issues were brought to the surface. Old injuries that hadn't really healed flared up. As you also experienced, my gut that was tied in a knot slowly began to relax. It's been a couple of years now, still do the massage regularly, but I treat it more as a qi gong practice. Feel free to check in at my personal practice page for more.

I remember reading a brief post on CNT here on the bums a long while back. Did a Google search and found the web site of the CNT Institute in Berkley. The Unwinding book was offered on their site, it looked interesting. Maybe a half a year later the still, quiet voice of the inner guru told me to buy the book. I did and haven't looked back.

Hello

Thanks for your response. I feel like reading the books and your practise log and I think I will go to seek such a practioner of chi nei chang one of my former teachers in the universal tao system is doing that or did at least.

I keep in touch on this forum when I have started. I found your post wery inspirering indeed :)

FD

Sign in to follow this