Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Who uses Netflix?

Some of you know that the founder of Netflix makes an effort to stream as many programs as possible that support a contemplative/meditative personal practice. Do you folks (Americans, at least) use this service, and what are your favorite programs, Instantwatch or otherwise?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I love netflix; stream movies and shows on it all the time, I never knew there were spiritual programs available though, thanks for the tip! Nice 1111 post count btw! You are truly One!

I love netflix; stream movies and shows on it all the time, I never knew there were spiritual programs available though, thanks for the tip! Nice 1111 post count btw! You are truly One!

Hey, that's pretty heavy. I won't be posting for awhile now, just to let the groove sink in.

Yeah, check out instantwatch documentary/religion & spirituality - mostly Buddhist stuff, but some interesting martial arts too.

Yeah, check out instantwatch documentary/religion & spirituality - mostly Buddhist stuff, but some interesting martial arts too.

Thanks alot. Probably what I've been wanting lately.

Instant Watch is the only reason I subscribed to Netflix. I'm kind of pissed off though because they removed the Community function on their site. I was so hoping to meet a girl whose movie review complimented mine in just the right way. It would have been love at first Fight.. Club. :(

Worth a screening(not practice related)...

The Great Happiness Space, very sad and surprising documentary.

Hey,

Yes the instantquoue Netflix is cool... I haven't been watching it in awhile, but I used to find some really cool underground movies. I found this independent film with Willem Defoe that was weird but cool...

Mel

I just did my 40 minute Embrace Horse while watching "The Buddha: The Story of Siddhartha," the PBS production. This is considered cheating by some circles but I don't make a regular habit of it. This show was really well done, a fine explication of the mythology of his life, and watching it in zhan zhuang created a couple of very energetic moments for me. Hope you get a chance to see this - five stars!

http://www.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70131662&trkid=1538360

Did you ever see "Jesus Camp"? It's now on Instantwatch too.

Edited by Blasto

I'm an abusive Netflix user. Mostly TV series like Lost, Heroes, etc, and a few movies now and then. Its amazing that I can watch shows on my Ipod Touch.

The last movie I watched was 'Ponyo' w/ the kids, Miyazaki is the Japanese anime genius who did Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, his movies are beautiful and thought provoking.

I'd be interested in more spiritual titles.

Michael

I'm an abusive Netflix user. Mostly TV series like Lost, Heroes, etc, and a few movies now and then. Its amazing that I can watch shows on my Ipod Touch.

The last movie I watched was 'Ponyo' w/ the kids, Miyazaki is the Japanese anime genius who did Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, his movies are beautiful and thought provoking.

I'd be interested in more spiritual titles.

Michael

I LOVE "PONYO" IT IS SO GREAT.... We have it on blue ray beautiful movie makes you feel so good on the inside... Mel

I LOVE "PONYO" IT IS SO GREAT.... We have it on blue ray beautiful movie makes you feel so good on the inside... Mel

I just watched "Merton: A Film Biography" - five stars. I think it's important to look at the lives of western mystics who travelled to the East to meet with Thic Nhat Hanh, H.H. Dalai Lama and others.

I'm really grateful for this resource because I simply don't have the time to read everything I'd like.

Sign in to follow this