beoman

persistent roving point of pressure in my head

For about the past 5-6 days now, I've been consistently feeling a point of pressure in my head. It is definitely not a headache, as I've had those before and know what they feel like, but it feels like it could cause a headache at times, even though it doesn't.

I'd say it's pretty much in the center of my head.. like if you drew a line from my nose to the back of my head, and a perpendicular line between my cheekbones, it'd be where they meet. It kind of moves around, though. I feel sometimes like if it move back a little, I don't feel the pressure as much anymore, though I still know something is there.

It is a pretty tangible feeling, not something at the edge of my perception that I'm not sure I'm feeling. It also gets more intense if I focus on it / meditate focusing on it. If I do other things, it either goes away, or I just don't notice it anymore, but when my focus on whatever other task is gone the feeling is still there.

The point sometimes moves away from the center of my head, at which point I feel like that part of my face kind of stiffens. I can kind of control its movement but not really.

Anyway... any idea what it is / anyone felt this before? I haven't heard about anything like this before. I wouldn't normally ask but it's been pretty persistent these past days. It doesn't seem to line up with any points that I read about for example doing microcosmic orbit meditation, which is just third eye and then throat.

Yeah, I get this too, it feels like you it is kind of expanding and contracting right? I don't think its too much of a problem, if you concentrate on your feet, it goes away right? It's just a lot of blood concentrating in your brain, and you have become aware of it.

Guest sykkelpump

this is thypical results for to much concentration practice.many meditators have this problem.a thight mind.energy doesent circulate freely.can also come from forced practice like mco and new energy etc.or cause of energy blocks in the spine

Here is a meditation which helps unthighten the mind,open channels and starts the energy to move freely:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25864564/The-Anapanasati-Sutta-A-Practical-Guide-to-Mindfulness-of-Breathing-Bhante-Vimalaramsi

See a doctor anyway ... you will at least eliminate medical cause.

Mm yea I was considering that.. I guess I have clear enough symptoms that I can describe to him, if I could describe them here. maybe it's bacteria eating my brain

Yeah, I get this too, it feels like you it is kind of expanding and contracting right? I don't think its too much of a problem, if you concentrate on your feet, it goes away right? It's just a lot of blood concentrating in your brain, and you have become aware of it.

hmm not sure. I tried concentrating on my feet, and it abated at first, but then it came back. then as i tried to concentrate more, it got more intense, maybe cause I was being distracted and concentrating on it instead? It does sometimes expand+contract, other times it just kind of nestles in some area and moves in place a little

this is thypical results for to much concentration practice.many meditators have this problem.a thight mind.energy doesent circulate freely.can also come from forced practice like mco and new energy etc.or cause of energy blocks in the spine

Here is a meditation which helps unthighten the mind,open channels and starts the energy to move freely:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/25864564/The-Anapanasati-Sutta-A-Practical-Guide-to-Mindfulness-of-Breathing-Bhante-Vimalaramsi

That's just an insight meditation right? Mindfulness of breathing. I've been doing noting lately, which is also insight.. i'll try doing it just w/ breathing, see if that helps. i've also been taking tai chi classes, but that's not forced practice, that is natural

Guest sykkelpump

That's just an insight meditation right? Mindfulness of breathing. I've been doing noting lately, which is also insight.. i'll try doing it just w/ breathing, see if that helps. i've also been taking tai chi classes, but that's not forced practice, that is natural

its not like any other breathhing meditations,it has some diffrent key factors.which makes all the difference.but what i said was just generally.you should first see a doctor,and if everything is ok.then look for energy problems

Guest paul walter

Mm yea I was considering that.. I guess I have clear enough symptoms that I can describe to him, if I could describe them here. maybe it's bacteria eating my brain

Seea good medical intuitive rather than a doctor? A doc might do toxic and ezpensive brain scans on you and fill your blood system with dye?

Seea good medical intuitive rather than a doctor? A doc might do toxic and ezpensive brain scans on you and fill your blood system with dye?

That actually was a concern of mine, too. I'll mention these problems, which will probably seem like I'm imagining things, and they might do brain scans and stuff to try to find something wrong with me, or like you said, dangerous tests. And then I could get misdiagnosed.. etc.

It's kind of not as strong this morning. I think doing the tai chi form last night helped. It was intense when I meditated, though. I also feel like I can "take cues" from the feeling on where my head should be, so I ended up swaying my head back and forth while I was meditating. I was moving myself, but I was kind of being guided on where to move based on what I felt.