Sign in to follow this  
DanC

Yin Yoga and Taoist Yoga

The other day I received my Yin Yoga book and I really like this practice, after 30mins I feel amazing and

really like staying in these postures for a long time. My question is does anybody have any of the

Taoist Yoga DVDs by Paul Zink, Im looking at getting the beginner DVD as thats my level of flexibility, also

does the DVD cover any meditations.

Daniel

I just got my Taoist Yoga DVDs last week and have only had time to spend an hour or so with them so far, but I intend to get serious with them and I will give a full report. One thing I will say though is that the beginner stretching DVD is not very beginner IMO. I mean, he walks you through the poses and suggests you stop where you are comfortable ... and there isn't anything he is doing that is impossible to do at your own level ... but he takes the poses as far as he can go with them which is damn near contortion level flexibility. Personally I love this though because it's fun to watch and gives me a really cool looking goal to look forward to. Also, I think you'll save $$ if you just order all 5 DVDs off of pauliezink.com for $75 + shipping.

Hey, would you mind adding your review here to the yin yoga book in the review section?... just takes a minute. copy and paste. If you want. :)

Sean

I just got hold of Paul Grilleys Yin Yoga dvd ,$73.95 Aust,and its the perfect compliment to the book.Each pose has variations for differently proportioned bodies,with several different Yin routines,and a few Yang routines to balance it all out that are beautiful to watch,like a flowing cross between yoga & tai chi.The first dvd is a more extensive explanation of Yin theory,with some demonstrations of complimentary Yang sequences.The 2nd contains the bulk of the pracices.This will be plenty for me to intergrate into my practice,so trying to track down Zinks material is not a priority,though I certainky am curious :)

Regards,Cloud.

Sign in to follow this