thelerner

Eyes on the Skies

Tai Sui, the spirit/qi counterpart of the planet Jupiter, known as the Grand Duke, is the most reckoned-with celestial force in taoism. The most important thing all feng shui people who are anybody advise in terms of interacting with him is actually a negative -- do not confront/face Tai Sui, no mortal has ever emerged victorious from trying to stare him down. While it usually applies to the sitting position (this year's Tai Sui is in the Northeast), as well as avoidance of any noise and excessive activity in the part of the house where Tai Sui rests, staring at the sky while he makes his approach and gaping at him directly may be the kind of behavior he particularly resents. Remember that Jupiter's mass is greater than that of all other planets of the Solar System combined... the guy has a lot of clout, and the office of the Grand Duke (for it's an office, not one person but a succession of 64 deities take turns assuming the position, military commanders most of them) is not only exceedingly powerful but one that has a direct and immediate impact on the lives of billions of people -- Tai Sui is the one who decides war and peace on earth.

Lately I've been sneaking quick, sideways, peripheral glances at His Brightness every night when the sky was clear, and I will do so when the brightness and majesty are at their fullest... but I wouldn't use binoculars or stare too obviously or intently. The ancient belief -- if you're looking a powerful person square in the face you're challenging him -- is one he reportedly never abandoned.

Thanks that is awesome... I just told my eight year old, and she is all worked up...lol I told her if there are no clouds blocking as usual around here. I will get her up, and show her.

This is very special for sure...

Mel

Tai Sui, the spirit/qi counterpart of the planet Jupiter, known as the Grand Duke, is the most reckoned-with celestial force in taoism. The most important thing all feng shui people who are anybody advise in terms of interacting with him is actually a negative -- do not confront/face Tai Sui, no mortal has ever emerged victorious from trying to stare him down. While it usually applies to the sitting position (this year's Tai Sui is in the Northeast), as well as avoidance of any noise and excessive activity in the part of the house where Tai Sui rests, staring at the sky while he makes his approach and gaping at him directly may be the kind of behavior he particularly resents. Remember that Jupiter's mass is greater than that of all other planets of the Solar System combined... the guy has a lot of clout, and the office of the Grand Duke (for it's an office, not one person but a succession of 64 deities take turns assuming the position, military commanders most of them) is not only exceedingly powerful but one that has a direct and immediate impact on the lives of billions of people -- Tai Sui is the one who decides war and peace on earth.

Lately I've been sneaking quick, sideways, peripheral glances at His Brightness every night when the sky was clear, and I will do so when the brightness and majesty are at their fullest... but I wouldn't use binoculars or stare too obviously or intently. The ancient belief -- if you're looking a powerful person square in the face you're challenging him -- is one he reportedly never abandoned.

Interesting.

I'll be sure to be both humble in my approach, and covert in my glance.

Thanks, Meow.

Interesting.

I'll be sure to be both humble in my approach, and covert in my glance.

Thanks, Meow.

You are welcome -- and enjoy the viewing!:) I might not have to use my own advice after all -- way overcast here today, which is way unusual... but then, in San Diego ("another tough day in paradise," as the local saying goes) the weather is always as though closely supervised by deities who are using it as a golden standard to compare all weather elsewhere on earth to -- so if it's overcast today, it's meant to be...

Two things, one the sunrise today was unusually colorful and the sun appeared much redder because of (unfortunately) forest fires in Canada. 

Tonight The years finest conjunction of Venus and Jupiter. They're come as close as a third of a degree apart in North America.  To the eye they should look like a double star and be amazingly bright. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

This close, only 2,000 years ago, when they were (as some assert) joined to form the Star of Bethlehem.

They are not going to look as the double star, according to the version I've read and will check shortly, but as one star of exceptional brightness.  Look to the west-northwest, right after it gets dark, and for the next 2 hours -- whereupon they set.

• Like 1

This close, only 2,000 years ago, when they were (as some assert) joined to form the Star of Bethlehem.

They are not going to look as the double star, according to the version I've read and will check shortly, but as one star of exceptional brightness.  Look to the west-northwest, right after it gets dark, and for the next 2 hours -- whereupon they set.

Cool, I can imagine astrologers watching the gradual cosmic combining of Jupiter- great ruling power and Venus- symbol of Love, and assuming a great portent. 

<add on  Tomorrow night, Wednesday, in the Midwest the moon is rising at 8:00pm, the sun setting at 8:31pm, so it should be a beautiful moonrise over Lake Michigan.  Probably a beautiful sunrise too, but I doubt I'll be up at 5:19 to watch it, but you never know. 

At the moment its a beautiful , spooky full moon, but so cloudy here I can't see a single star or planet. 

also

Camera zooms are becoming so powerful they're like telescopes:  Jun 30, 2015; 10:15 AM ET The new Nikon P900 shows just how detailed the new record-breaking 83x optical zoom lens are. This footage shows the moon and the detail of the craters.

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/trending-now/video/4330259854001/amazing:-nikon-coolpix-p900-shows-close-up-of-moon-with-craters?autoStart=true&linkBaseURL=http%3A%2F%2Fvideowall.accuweather.com%2Fdetail%2Fvideos%2Ftrending-now%2Fvideo%2F4330259854001%2Famazing%3A-nikon-coolpix-p900-shows-close-up-of-moon-with-craters%3FautoStart%3Dtrue

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Jupiter conjunct Venus at the time of a Full Moon is very auspicious in astrology. Yes, it could mean romance, but in general it symbolizes a lot of harmonious and beautiful energy. Being in Leo, these planets will evoke good relations between people and will bring out the best socially charismastic qualities. It's also a great combo for partying ;)

I associate this cosmic event with positivity, abundance, and high energy. It's a great time for ritual, communion, or any kind of energy work. Tonight I'm going to go for a walk in the woods to enjoy what nature has to offer. The true full moon is tomorrow evening but it'll be while the Sun is still setting where I am, and I prefer to enjoy it in darkness while it's still waxing.

• Like 2

Oh ... hang on, you said  in Leo  and not  'conjunct Regulus'  .... sorry folks!  

false alarm ....  go back to being arse holes to each other  ^_^

Just wanted to be clear on that...

It seems there has been some confusion, you see...

I checked it out last night .... WOW !  

Burning up there in the night sky framed by the pine branches and needles ...  V.Cool! 

I checked it out last night .... WOW !  

Burning up there in the night sky framed by the pine branches and needles ...  V.Cool! 

You set your house on fire again?

Come here you 

... come on .... 

puss  puss  puss  ...

there ya go ! 

woman-cat-bin-o.gif

Come here you 

... come on .... 

puss  puss  puss  ...

there ya go ! 

woman-cat-bin-o.gif

Hey, hey let me out!

Look ... it shouldn't be that  hard to get out of .....     maybe if you lost some weight , hmmmm ? 

giff.gif

• Like 1