Jetsun

Recommended autobiographical/non fiction books

From the recommendations on this forum I have just read "Bone of the master" by George Crane which is excellent and ordered "The Wheel of Life" by John Blofeld which looks really good, can anyone recommend any other similar books or anything you think could interest me like this, im really enjoying these sorts of books at the moment.

Thanks

From the recommendations on this forum I have just read "Bone of the master" by George Crane which is excellent and ordered "The Wheel of Life" by John Blofeld which looks really good, can anyone recommend any other similar books or anything you think could interest me like this, im really enjoying these sorts of books at the moment.

Thanks

I just read the reviews of the books you listed and put them on my wish list. I read "The Chronicles of the Tao" by Deng Ming-Dao and "Opening the Dragon Gate" by Cleary and enjoyed them both a great deal.

'The Wheel of Life' is a classic spiritual autobiography that I re-read every few years. You will enjoy it! Yogananda's 'Autobiography of a Yogi' is essential reading. Check out Irina Tweedie's 'A Daughter of Fire: A Diary of a Spiritual Training With a Sufi Master'.

Shadow Strategies - Glenn Morris

Magic and Mystery in Tibet - Alexandra David Neel

Of Water and the Spirit - Maildoma Patrice Some

Secrets of the Talking Jaguar - Martin Prechtel

The Way of the Shaman - Michael Harner

Where the Spirits Ride the Wind - Felicitas Goodman

Tantric Quest by Daniel Odier

Hidden Journey - Andrew Harvey

The Secret History of the World by Jonathan Black

The Lost Secret of Death by Peter Novak

Cupid's Poisoned Arrow by Marnia Robinson

Advanced Magick for Beginners - Alan Chapman

The Soul's Religion - Thomas Moore

The Emerald Covenant - Michael E Morgan

Nice list!

I can second Tantric Quest by Odier - great book

Meetings with Remarkable Men: G.I. Gurdjieff

The Snow Leopard: Peter Matthiessen

Nine Headed Dragon River: Peter Matthiessen

Bone Games: Rob Schultheiss

Supercharged Taoist: Stephan Russell

99th Monkey: Eliezer Sobel

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior (and sequels): Dan Millman (fictionalized but good)

I recently started "In Search of the Medicine Buddha: A Himalayan Journey" by David Crow.

It's written by a herbalist who goes to Nepal to learn sacred Tibetan medicine from a master and all the things that come along with that. It reminds me a bit of "Bones of the Master" which I couldn't put down, since the writing and imagery is very good without being superfluous, and the story is a bit similar.