rodgerj

Stillness Movement

Make that nine!

I guess I didn't realize there were that many of us that post here; never thought to count.

I practice as well. :)

Lately I was reminded once again of the differences between concentration and awareness.

I was getting frustrated with my practice and wondered why the last week hadn't gone so well. Then I realized that I was concentrating on my dantien, essentially focusing on it from "above". When placing my awareness there however, my experience thus far is that it's like one's soul literally IS there, with your head and torso above you.

Then, when my thoughts settled, the area began vibrating and I felt like I was going to literally pop out of my skin. :blink: I had very intense kriya-type spasms for a moment before it calmed down. Not sure if that's "progress" but it was certainly interesting.

• Like 2

I would be very interested to hear any testimonials about how Stillness Movement has benefited people, there are quite a few healing stories on the board about it's ability to heal other people by projecting Qi but how about how it has helped to heal and integrate yourself? and bring you to higher levels of awareness and improve your own life?

Interesting question. How has doing Stillness/Movement changed my life aside from being able to project energy for healing? On a simple, non-qigong level, there are the many seminars I have attended and interacted with wonderful people I would otherwise never have met. When you share energy with others they quickly become like old friends. This has certainly had a big impact on my life.

Then there is the subtle but real way in which synchronicity becomes a part of your life, and you start noticing that the things you want seem to come to you easily and effortlessly.

Most of all, though, is the change in world view that occurs. Imagine having someone in front of you suffering from a chronic pain that no pill or therapy has affected, and in just a few minutes using Intent alone - no visualization, no waving hands - you take it away completely. As many times as it has happened I am still as awestruck as them. It completely changes your view of what is important and meaningful to do with your life, and that changes the very core of who you are.

BTW, been studying with Michael about 4 years.

• Like 5

I have been practicng Stillness-Movement with Michael Lomax for several years now and prior to my involvement I had a problem with substantial pain in my feet. In all likelihood the pain was a result of my 35+ years of practicing Martial Arts on hard floors - concrete, hard wood etc. The pain had gotten so bad that I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to continue with my job -- I travel and sell pharmaceutical products so I am constantly running from one office to another and I am on my feet all day long.

Well after the 1st seminar and my beginning to practice Stillness-Movement -- I started to get some relief from the pain. I was very cautious to be overjoyed that the pain might subside -- as occasionally I would get a days relief. However, the more I practiced the more I could actually feel the heat of the inflammation being driven out of my feet. There were times after practice that i could see the bottoms of my feet throb and the pain would actually vaporize out the bottoms of my feet. Pretty cool stuff - literally my feet would cool down. This was a terrific and unexpected benefit for me of practicing Stillness-Movement. It also meant I would be able to continue to teach Martial Arts as this has been a lifetime passion of mine.

However, and this is a big however....Stillness-Movement has awakened for me "Who I am really supposed to be"...it has helped open the door to compassion for my fellow human beings. i have always had incredible compassion for animals but now I could start to see how others felt and understand what they needed to help them. And I can feel what they are feeling -- hopes, fears, anxieties, this can sometimes be overwhelming but I am so happy with the person I've become since awakening to being a person of compassion that wants to help those in need. As I have embraced this compassion -- my abilities to provide Medical Qigong or utilize the Taoist Medicine have grown by 1000 fold maybe 100,000 fold. I am always amazed at the results of a medical treatment, yet, have come to expect these results. My continued practice has led to even more awakenings, more amazing events than I ever imagined.

So, if you want to learn about yourself -- who you really are..and what your destiny is in your time in this lifetime, I would encourage anyone to give Stillness-Movement a trial -- which means learn how to do Stillness and then put some time and effort into trying to develop the ability to do the meditation. Then the movement neigong system that Michael founded - Gift of the Tao -- well that's a bonus.

Thanks,

Brion

aka Kempomaster

• Like 6

However, and this is a big however....Stillness-Movement has awakened for me "Who I am really supposed to be"...it has helped open the door to compassion for my fellow human beings. i have always had incredible compassion for animals but now I could start to see how others felt and understand what they needed to help them. And I can feel what they are feeling -- hopes, fears, anxieties, this can sometimes be overwhelming but I am so happy with the person I've become since awakening to being a person of compassion that wants to help those in need. As I have embraced this compassion -- my abilities to provide Medical Qigong or utilize the Taoist Medicine have grown by 1000 fold maybe 100,000 fold. I am always amazed at the results of a medical treatment, yet, have come to expect these results. My continued practice has led to even more awakenings, more amazing events than I ever imagined.

Thanks for your reply Brion. I have heard the saying it awakens you to "who you are supposed to be" a few times in regards to Stillness Movement but could you possibly say a little more about what this means? Do you mean that the practice itself removes false beliefs about who you are and karmically purifys you which opens up your compassion and makes you see clearly? Or is it more the actual practice of healing others and helping them which brings this about? What I'm getting at is that I wonder if you can get the full benefit from the practice without becoming an energy healer? as not all of us are destined to be healers, not in the hands on direct way anyway.

All the best to you PurpleHeaven. :) My stillness-movement practice began at a workshop. However, I have heard positive feedback from a few who have started after reading the book.

Thank you, you are very welcome,

I had read that the best way to get started is to attend a workshop, but unfortunately the London workshop was cancelled and so I was left without that opportunity.

I practiced Qigong before, sometimes several hours everyday, but what the Stillness Movement meditation has done for me after only two or three hours is unbelievable for me. I simply cant describe it. It just works where the work is needed, although work does not fit what it feels like.

This method has come just at the right time. If it is so powerfull already I cant imagine what it will feel like to practice at a seminar, until then Im happily practicing on my own and eagerly waiting for the Gift of the Tao to arrive.

I would be interested in the reasons the different practitioners started this practice in the first place. Was it for medical reasons or more spiritually, if you can make that distinction.

I would be very interested to hear any testimonials about how Stillness Movement has benefited people,..

I have heard the saying it awakens you to "who you are supposed to be" a few times in regards to Stillness Movement but could you possibly say a little more about what this means?...What I'm getting at is that I wonder if you can get the full benefit from the practice without becoming an energy healer? as not all of us are destined to be healers, not in the hands on direct way anyway.

Hi Jetsun

I have heard this type of thing stated/quoted by other teachers. However I have never had a teacher basically point a finger at you and let you experience this on the spot. This is what Michael did, I can only explain it as a glimpse into your true heart/being. One of the overall feelings I was left with after the three days was a clarity about this, a 'knowing', not an idea or belief or notion about anything, a 'knowing', and with it a relaxed sense of calm I cannot describe. Yes it waned in time, at least for me.

The practice is a spiritual Daoist path, and a powerful alchemical process. The healing is a wider benefit born from the emerging compassion, and is a result of those healers (who in Michael's terms, made an agreement before) awakening to that part of themselves and pursuing it. Michael encourages everyone to follow their own path and to awaken to themselves whatever that is, SM is not JUST about producing healers. Though it could be said that those that are meant to be healers have a way of finding it.

This process of learning to listen and awaken to yourself can be odd, it requires letting go of your current sense of self and can have the feeling of being moved about like a piece on a chess board. You asked about personal benefits, I am not going to go into details, but my life was shifted as I watched the pieces being moved around and re-aligned. The closest description would be watching the adjustment bureau at work, and that doesn't do it justice. I am still working through the ripples of that, but in a good way :lol:

Best

• Like 6

Hi Jetsun

I have heard this type of thing stated/quoted by other teachers. However I have never had a teacher basically point a finger at you and let you experience this on the spot. This is what Michael did, I can only explain it as a glimpse into your true heart/being. One of the overall feelings I was left with after the three days was a clarity about this, a 'knowing', not an idea or belief or notion about anything, a 'knowing', and with it a relaxed sense of calm I cannot describe. Yes it waned in time, at least for me.

The practice is a spiritual Daoist path, and a powerful alchemical process. The healing is a wider benefit born from the emerging compassion, and is a result of those healers (who in Michael's terms, made an agreement before) awakening to that part of themselves and pursuing it. Michael encourages everyone to follow their own path and to awaken to themselves whatever that is, SM is not JUST about producing healers. Though it could be said that those that are meant to be healers have a way of finding it.

This process of learning to listen and awaken to yourself can be odd, it requires letting go of your current sense of self and can have the feeling of being moved about like a piece on a chess board. You asked about personal benefits, I am not going to go into details, but my life was shifted as I watched the pieces being moved around and re-aligned. The closest description would be watching the adjustment bureau at work, and that doesn't do it justice. I am still working through the ripples of that, but in a good way :lol:

Best

Thanks for your explanation Snowmonki that is really interesting, I guess there is no real full way of understanding it without having the experience myself.

I do it too. Recommend the practice certainly, it's not just for healers, Michael says whatever talents you have will be activated with sufficient practice.

Though from my view healing would be a speciality of the system.

• Like 1

I was hoping that I can attend the next workshop. A friend of mine is feeling the same way, any news of an upcoming workshop?

• Like 3

Another beginner for the list. (Insert missing waving-smiley here)

No workshops yet, just the book and dvd...hoping to be able to attend in the near future, and working on making it a daily practice.

Extra thanks to those who have shared their journey and insight. It is helpful to those of us taking tentative baby steps.

I pretend i do it, and imagine i am doing it when i am really not, as if the intent is enough. :lol: but then again, i have no idea what im getting myself in to.

no idea, about, 89% of the time... (with everything) :lol:

I was hoping that I can attend the next workshop. A friend of mine is feeling the same way, any news of an upcoming workshop?

Workshop announcement soon.

There is a new app for Android that can help a person keep up with my blog, tweets, and youtube channel.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.qigongamerica.android&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5xaWdvbmdhbWVyaWNhLmFuZHJvaWQiXQ..

There is a new blog post on energy sensitivity.

Jetsun,

Better coming from others than me but I have seen large numbers of people who practice Stillness-Movement receive great results physical as well as personal awareness.

Personally, due to very bad accidents, I don't think I would be able to walk if I didn't practice. Also, I sincerely believe I would have died without the practice. A person does not have to be a healer to get immense benefit from the practice.

Think of it this way. If a practice is sufficiently valid so as to have people projecting qi with 80% to 100% results of eliminating pain in others with only 2 days of practice, then it has to be doing something. That something is raising the energy body vibration, building a strong Dan Tian, and helping Qi circulate properly in the body. Stillness-Movement excels in this.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 3

Am a beginner, taking part in a distance class and am loving it.

Seconded, best money i've spent! :D

It's too bad the paperback isn't available anymore. Wish I could've gotten it back in the day.

Granted :-)

Assuming you refer to the original Shaman book.

PM me addy etc.

Then there is the subtle but real way in which synchronicity becomes a part of your life, and you start noticing that the things you want seem to come to you easily and effortlessly.

"Synchronicity" This I wanted to know more... I read a very few S-M practitioner having this. That's why I am interested in Stillness Movement. But I may think again that each of these individuals just found their life-path, or "soul blueprint", or what excited them the most (Stillness movement what excites them), that's why they experiencing this synchronicity more than the others??

How about accessing your multi dimensional selves? futures/parallel selves?

Thanks for sharing

Edited by ShivaShakti

However, and this is a big however....Stillness-Movement has awakened for me "Who I am really supposed to be"...

My continued practice has led to even more awakenings, more amazing events than I ever imagined.

So, if you want to learn about yourself -- who you really are..and what your destiny is in your time in this lifetime, I would encourage anyone to give Stillness-Movement a trial

Brion

aka Kempomaster

This is very interesting, finding your life path. Another testimony of "life of synchronicities"

S-M practice seems to be dissolving/unblocking/releasing the subconscious patterns/unconscious limiting beliefs?? If this is so, then this is one of the remarkable assets of Stillness Movement?

Anyone here experiencing more synchronicities in their lives upon practicing S-M?

I do wish if I practiced S-M long enough my life journey become the way I tend it more to be or more appropriate.. and not the gods of destiny (subconscious/unconscious) keep playing and tossing me around to learn and relearn, again and again :unsure: very frustrating

Thanks for sharing

Edited by ShivaShakti