rodgerj

Stillness Movement

Thank you.

Hopefully I can move my practice to at least once a day. I'm deployed and my schedule is about a 11-13 hour day followed by excersise(or I may start mornings before work) then my room has 3 other roomates. One who has bad gas :wacko: . Instead of cursing my luck I try to take every quiet moment I can to sit on the floor against the wall and meditate in the time I have left before I sleep.

If you have any tips, I'm trying to figure out why I always start to fall backwards in meditation. I had heard that the issue with that can be a weak back or hip flexors may need stretching.

I can do a three minute plank (Palms and elbows on the floor in the pushup position, holding the form) but maybe I have to continue with planks and find a chance to add in squats too. For now the wall works fine(Sitting against it), though. I'm also stretching my legs after working out, one leg tends to hurt after 15 minutes and they are tight.

If you have any tips, I'm trying to figure out why I always start to fall backwards in meditation. I had heard that the issue with that can be a weak back or hip flexors may need stretching.

Try sitting on something that raises your hips a little, such as a couple of folded up towels. If you are just sitting flat on the ground, you are likely to fall backwards. You want your hips raised a few inches so that the posture is comfortable and you can sit for a decent amount of time.

• Like 1

Try sitting on something that raises your hips a little, such as a couple of folded up towels. If you are just sitting flat on the ground, you are likely to fall backwards. You want your hips raised a few inches so that the posture is comfortable and you can sit for a decent amount of time.

Very simple, thanks.

Found this in Gospel of Thomas:

Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

Maybe Jesus did Stillness Movement?

• Like 1

Ah, makes me miss snowboarding in upstate NY Hunter mountain or Santa Fe ski basin.

You guys have the best snow...

Powder = silence.

h

Edited by hagar

Found this in Gospel of Thomas:

"Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established [itself], and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

Maybe Jesus did Stillness Movement?

Interesting and insightful observation.

You guys have the best snow...

Powder = silence.

h

Santa Fe or Hunter? I think Santa Fe is better... the foothills of the Rocky's.

♦ Ski Santa Fe is nestled high in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains just 16 miles from the heart of historic Santa Fe, New Mexico.

♦ With a base area elevation of 10,350 feet, Ski Santa Fe is among the highest ski areas in the continental United States.

♦ Our New Millennium Triple Chairlift will take snow sport enthusiasts to a new height of 12,075 feet and some of the southwest's finest skiing.

♦ The vistas atop Ski Santa Fe are unsurpassed and act as the gateway for thrills including steep bump runs, powder filled chutes, gladed tree-skiing, and plenty of groomers.

♦ Our local patrons and visitors from around the world can all find something for their taste, whether a first time skier/boarder or seasoned veteran, we offer complete services for all level of participants. ♦ Ski Santa Fe is family oriented, but those seeking a challenge can find their place on our mountain. Come join us and enjoy the winter sun.

This is more than 3 times higher than Hunter Mountain in NY. Plus it has many more runs... as far as I remember at least.

How many here practice stillness movement?

Every day when I practice Dafa I try to shut off all my thoughts, at the Gong level there should be no intent.

Santa Fe or Hunter? I think Santa Fe is better... the foothills of the Rocky's.

♦ Ski Santa Fe is nestled high in the beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains just 16 miles from the heart of historic Santa Fe, New Mexico.

♦ With a base area elevation of 10,350 feet, Ski Santa Fe is among the highest ski areas in the continental United States.

♦ Our New Millennium Triple Chairlift will take snow sport enthusiasts to a new height of 12,075 feet and some of the southwest's finest skiing.

♦ The vistas atop Ski Santa Fe are unsurpassed and act as the gateway for thrills including steep bump runs, powder filled chutes, gladed tree-skiing, and plenty of groomers.

♦ Our local patrons and visitors from around the world can all find something for their taste, whether a first time skier/boarder or seasoned veteran, we offer complete services for all level of participants. ♦ Ski Santa Fe is family oriented, but those seeking a challenge can find their place on our mountain. Come join us and enjoy the winter sun.

This is more than 3 times higher than Hunter Mountain in NY. Plus it has many more runs... as far as I remember at least.

Ah, when the desert air is pushed to high altitudes, the snow that falls is expremely dry, thus making it the best snow on earth.

Norway has primarily mush and rock hard ice. The occasional dump may come, but after a day or two it usually turns to porridge.

h

How many here practice stillness movement?

So far, I think that is 8 practitioners of the Stillness-Movement neigong that post here on the board.

• Like 1

Ah, when the desert air is pushed to high altitudes, the snow that falls is expremely dry, thus making it the best snow on earth.

Norway has primarily mush and rock hard ice. The occasional dump may come, but after a day or two it usually turns to porridge.

h

Oh man! Nothing like that fresh powder on the Fe ski basin. Back when I used to, I would take a toke or two on the ski lift and hit the fresh slopes with my board, back in the early 90's. Soooo much fun!!

Michael, do they say "hey y'all" in Missouri, USA? ;)

Not as much as we did in Mississippi. Living in the north and the south got me mixed up on when to say "you guys" or "ya'll".

Don't know if I have ever told this story, but I was asked by a proper British English speaking Chinese guy, who was a translator, what was correct, "y'all" or "you guys". I told him of course "ya'll" was correct and not to pay attention to anyone that used the improper "you guys" form. :o:lol: