LaoTzu21

filling the dan tien

Hi vortex, today I noticed that I was vibrating more during and after meditation. Stayed in a meditative state on the commute to work and continued to subtly vibrate. Do you vibrate?

Personally, I am making a ton of progress since I travelled to Ya Mu in May. I am ridicuously optimistic about my progress, based upon the real and tangible results as of today. But I'm not expectant.

What part of you is vibrating? If it is specifically your dantian, then I'd say that's a VERY good sign...as far as it filling up...and opening your SHO later. :D How long & what all are you practicing?
In the first half of 1997, I taught 10 persons in a month again. Unfortunately none of them them attained the Channel SHO. Two months later, one of the student told me that whenever she sat cross-legged, her lower abdomen would vibrate. My heart skipped a beat when I heard that, that was a good sign. I asked her to continue practicing and to tell me if there any new signs. We communicated twice in the next month. When I thought that she was ready, I tried to daigong with her to help her opening it up and it was a success. Afterward she insisted in communicating with me about her progress, as long as she did it well, the SHO will move automatically. Her heath was clearly improved. The SHO would even start automatically at work sometimes.
There's also a practice journal in the back of "The Tao of Meditation: Way to Enlightenment" where a guy records the various symptoms he experienced before opening his SHO. A vibrating dantian was one of the last ones before it opened...

But if it's vibrations non-specific to the dantian, then I'm guessing that may just indicate energy accumulations in those places. Which would still be a good thing, of course.

And nope, I'm not vibrating yet! Am just now feeling my subtle breath and sensation in my lower abdomen! I am apparently taking the long, scenic route here... Again, typically younger or female cultivators have the speed advantage here.

Edited by vortex

Hi

After practising neikung I feel a vibration also in the dantien and also a burning type of heat. This is especially strong if you abstain from sex for the suggested initial 100 days of training.

APD

I keep reading all over the place that LDT for women is bad news. ...

No.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

Annoying, when folks ask about the purpose of various practices isn't it? ;)

No it's good :) Attempting to explain a practice gives one an opportunity to discover their own depth of understanding. Differences in Male / Female practices is certainly something I'm aware of and very interested in. But my understanding is not deep enough for me to offer concrete answers.

e.g. I know some KAP 2 practices for women that focus on the heart area while men focus on the LDT. I know the explanation but I don't understand the why well enough to have a go at my own explanation :lol:

So insisting that women be "all about the heart" starts me off thinking on a slippery slope about reinforcement of certain cultural ideals

I'll admit that being brought up with the concept sexual equality left me thinking that women and men were exactly the same. However experience has lead me to discover that's incorrect. Differences certainly exist and thats a good thing. Yet culturally the "power" of women is often subtly (or overtly) labeled negatively, compared and contrasted then "scored" as second best. Rather sad really...... (and incorrect)

I was about to order it, but from what you've described I am glad that I did not. Are you exadurating, or is the entire book really filled with all of those metaphors? Are the metaphors ever described in layman's terms, or do they remain obfuscated?

you can preview the book here. http://books.google.com/books?id=a_olqazEVvMC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Taoist+Yoga&hl=en&ei=kOu3TNLNG8X_lged-PH7DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

In my opinion the book needs to be re-translated in simple and coherent english. It is gibberish in it's current state.

At last! A spiritual excuse for ripping a 6-pack :wub:

What about women, who don't have "6-packs" only 4?

I keep reading all over the place that LDT for women is bad news. I ask "bad news for who?" and haven't gotten a reply yet.

Do you mean filling the LDT? Or just LDT breathing?

do i need to be meditating everyday because recently i keep having nocturnal emissions frequently

Yes every day. It is like trying to start a fire with two sticks, if you stop spinning the spindle for a moment you will lose heat and drift further from your goal. You have to keep the friction going until you see smoke and then fire : )

Every time you stop it takes a little longer to get back to where you were.

As for nocturnal emissions... You need to be mindful of your penis and your Jing and your mind.

When you get aroused you will feel it, sometimes you may not even be thinking sexual thoughts.

Either way whenever this happens take the opportunity to meditate for a short while.

Sometimes it may take 10 mins sometimes 30 minutes to bring everything back to the lower center, sometimes longer, occasionally a few well concentrated deep breaths into the LDT will seal what i consider "a leak".

Imagine your LDT is an empty bucket, the more you meditate the more you fill it with petrol (Jing).

Right under the bucket you have a silent burning flame; Your Penis, always ready for action, like the cyclic igniter on a stove, it just goes click, click, click, click until it gets some gas and boom. The good thing is that only your hand can turn the dial on the gas.

As the quantity of the petrol builds in the bucket the weight of the liquid forces itself through the small cracks (This is your discipline) and pushes out of the container...

If these leaks are left unattended they will roll down the sides and bottom of the bucket accumulate into one larger stream and trickle off the bottom and into the flame creating a chain reaction which will ignite the entire volume of the bucket.

If you do not patch the leaks when they occur... if you do not sense them in time... When you go to sleep it will be too late.

There may be other theories on how to handle this, but IME u have to meditate to seal the leak when it occurs. I use Taoist breathing to do this, with deep breaths, the sort of deep breath you take when you are halting yourself from ejaculating. In fact one deep breath can halt an ejaculation entirely, so when it comes to simply patching a leak it is very effective in centering the energy and calming the jing.

As your character and concentration and will build you may notice that you do not even think about sex anymore, and the cracks in the bucket start to close on their own.

But do you have to meditate when the jing is stirred? - IMHO very much so, yes.

I think it's kind of ass backwards with trying to first feel your core muscles and the physical aspects before you start messing with Qi. IME Qi is what animates the physical body. Without Qi there is no physical body to feel. At one point my physical body was as if transparent, that was how whacked out my Qi was. With Qi my body has started to get form.

I think it's useless to try to feel those muscles without the building up of chi.

Edited by BigCojones

I've recently been doing Gift of the Tao everyday and noticed that when i do exercises for pulling Chi into my dantien, it gets very cold.

-Anyone know what this means?

My upper spine and neck have been the most obvious. But I have had a couple of amazing meditations where I was lying down with vibrations, undulating spine movements. Intense and ecstatic stuff. Today during s-m, I felt a subtle vibration throughout the core of me while in a sitting cross-legged position. More noticeable in the dantien.

Hey, I know that route. Used to be the Water Method for me. ^_^

(Ego speaks up: According to your comment, my current progess seems to indicate I'm a a female, still nursing, about 1.5 years old. :lol::ninja: j/k ;))

Is that close? ;)

Here's some more interesting quotes from Taoist Yoga about what vibration often signifies in alchemy:

The body is the abode of (qi) breath and the heart (the house of fire) is the temple of shen. If qi is cut off shen will lose support and cannot stay in the heart for an instant. Therefore, a practitioner enjoying good health will feel his qi breath vibrate in his body after practicing meditation for a long time, and he will finally perceive his original face which is the light of (essential) nature. He will feel unusual comfort, and by concentrating on shen to gather qi he will thereby cultivate (eternal) life; only then can the goal of cultivating (eternal) life be attained.

He should wait until the light becomes red and vibrates to gather immediately prenatal qi which is bound to disperse if it is not kept in cold storage in the lower dantian cavity (under the navel).

This method of cold storage consists of driving the light of prenatal yang shen from its original cavity (zu qiao between and behind the eyes) down into the lower abdomen with a loud noise which confirms that the bottom of that center is reached. The practitioner should then turn inwards his eyes to concentrate on the lower dantian as long as possible until its inner heat vibrates. - p 81

The master Peng Mou Zhang said: 'The method of producing the immortal seed consists of "uniting" the heart with the eyes for pointed concentration on the lower abdomen so that if vibration is felt there, qi can be immediately circulated (in the microcosmic orbit) for purification, but the slightest carelessness on the part of the practitioner can cause it to drain away thereby nullifying all previous progress. - p 120

Dam, this book rocks! B) Edited by vortex