UTI

instant dantian

I got ill a while ago, lost my practice completely, all that jing down the drain. Didn't train for a month.

...then, after an hour of meditating three days ago, after a mind-blowing yadda yadda thingy universe exploding in my head sort of thing it's like someone shoves their hands into my lower abdomen. My ldt shakes, bubbles, rocks about, and then 'ssshopp', it's like someone put a grapefruit in my belly. After I was done I felt like I was standing in an eggshell, swear I didn't have a stray thought for two days.

What's everyone's take on this? Instant dantian fill, possible or no?

oh, and i'll gladly share a recollection of the meditation process, if anybody's interested.

oh, and i'll gladly share a recollection of the meditation process, if anybody's interested.

Howdy...

I'll bite...I'm interested to hear the rundown of your meditative process.

And do you think, in hindsight, that your illness might of been a precursor to this particular experience? Or even a catalyst? Also, I don't see why an instant 'fill' wouldn't be possible as there is a bit more to it than just mechanically storing 'essence' (which you may know), but there are people much more qualified on this board that have better insight into these particular practices than I. At least my reply will keep the post in rotation...:lol:.

Edited by betwixter

Howdy...

I'll bite...

Score :)

Not sure the illness was a catalyst, maybe. It did cause me to lay down my current practice, which I now with the amazing power of hindsight and deduction made me a bit too yang. But the illness of itself was just a really aggressive cold that bit it's way past all my safety-nets.

The meditative process was as such:

• 1 First there was a large expansion, starting from the heart. Light was taken in from baihui with every breath, accompanied with feelings of joy, calm, and peace. This light was then allowed to expand out from the body, encompassing the mind, body, emotions, thoughts, everything. The body should then be experienced as expanding into everything, until everything is seen as one point. This was followed by a rather diffuse experience, where all occurrences are a serious of dots connected by black mass. Through the mass and dots travels white light. In my vision this was interaction between yin and yang, shown over another half hour of meditation through different changes between the mass and light. This created a strong realization that everything is yin and yang, and that dao is the balanced process. "Dao is one yin and one yang".
  • 2 Through this process of transformations made by yin and yang, which was basically observing the rise and fall until it stopped rising and falling, came a great emptiness. The body disappeared, and I was free to feel around everything's yin and yang. By yin connection with the greater yin, it was boundless, and by yang connection with the greater yang it was boundless. At this point I thought "is this it? All is yin and yang? I'll cast everything away, if I can experience what is beyond this!"
  • 3 By deciding to cast myself away, something crazy happened, which was very akin to the mingling of the red and white drops, I think it's been talked about here before, an experience described in mahamudra buddhism. Except before when I've experienced it, the "winds" have only entered at one point. This time it was like aronud 10 places along my spine/head/thorax opened up, like someone twisted a really tightly shut tap. Like a wheel being turned. Obviously, there was a near chaotic rush, and something very strong started pressing against my baihui. When I got my focus back, I let myself go again. This time it was like all of me was sucked out the top of my head, all my essence and energy.
    Before when this has happened, there have been drops of white descending into the heart and abdomen one at a time. This has been accompanied with a great rush of energy, along with a strong sexual arousal. Then, I have always been afraid to go past the point where I am so filled with drops that I start giving away parts of myself. This time, it all left, since I had no concern. As a result, I was filled with a much clearer light, and I truly felt boundless.
  • 4 This is when the strange dantian filling came around. I was sitting enjoying my calm, unmoved by everything around me, when suddenly something stabs my abdomen, followed by wild shakes and trembles in the dantian, until it fills up real sudden and solidly. My whole energy body felt like an eggshell around me after that.

And that's it. In as few words as I could manage.

Any wisdom to share?

Thank you for sharing your experiense, I appreciate your description of the metode and events.

i think you forget chi kung is a way of life so this sounds very possible

Do you mind elaborating? I don't really understand what you mean.

I got ill a while ago, lost my practice completely, all that jing down the drain. Didn't train for a month.

...then, after an hour of meditating three days ago, after a mind-blowing yadda yadda thingy universe exploding in my head sort of thing it's like someone shoves their hands into my lower abdomen. My ldt shakes, bubbles, rocks about, and then 'ssshopp', it's like someone put a grapefruit in my belly. After I was done I felt like I was standing in an eggshell, swear I didn't have a stray thought for two days.

Funny how that works. I too have had a kind of "upgrade" after illness.

During illness yin chi gets burned away, atleast some passing ones. Your body is purged of alot of bad mojo, and for what I know, your triple burner is balanced if there are any systemic aspects of the illness. But I'm not an expert on this,

Anywayz, my master talks about this, and points to the fact that health, energy and clarity can be accessed instantly, if you tune in with the right "password".

More could be said, but my own old programming has trouble wrapping itself around this direct path.

h

Score :)

Not sure the illness was a catalyst, maybe. It did cause me to lay down my current practice, which I now with the amazing power of hindsight and deduction made me a bit too yang. But the illness of itself was just a really aggressive cold that bit it's way past all my safety-nets.

The meditative process was as such:

• 1 First there was a large expansion, starting from the heart. Light was taken in from baihui with every breath, accompanied with feelings of joy, calm, and peace. This light was then allowed to expand out from the body, encompassing the mind, body, emotions, thoughts, everything. The body should then be experienced as expanding into everything, until everything is seen as one point. This was followed by a rather diffuse experience, where all occurrences are a serious of dots connected by black mass. Through the mass and dots travels white light. In my vision this was interaction between yin and yang, shown over another half hour of meditation through different changes between the mass and light. This created a strong realization that everything is yin and yang, and that dao is the balanced process. "Dao is one yin and one yang".
  • 2 Through this process of transformations made by yin and yang, which was basically observing the rise and fall until it stopped rising and falling, came a great emptiness. The body disappeared, and I was free to feel around everything's yin and yang. By yin connection with the greater yin, it was boundless, and by yang connection with the greater yang it was boundless. At this point I thought "is this it? All is yin and yang? I'll cast everything away, if I can experience what is beyond this!"
  • 3 By deciding to cast myself away, something crazy happened, which was very akin to the mingling of the red and white drops, I think it's been talked about here before, an experience described in mahamudra buddhism. Except before when I've experienced it, the "winds" have only entered at one point. This time it was like aronud 10 places along my spine/head/thorax opened up, like someone twisted a really tightly shut tap. Like a wheel being turned. Obviously, there was a near chaotic rush, and something very strong started pressing against my baihui. When I got my focus back, I let myself go again. This time it was like all of me was sucked out the top of my head, all my essence and energy.
    Before when this has happened, there have been drops of white descending into the heart and abdomen one at a time. This has been accompanied with a great rush of energy, along with a strong sexual arousal. Then, I have always been afraid to go past the point where I am so filled with drops that I start giving away parts of myself. This time, it all left, since I had no concern. As a result, I was filled with a much clearer light, and I truly felt boundless.
  • 4 This is when the strange dantian filling came around. I was sitting enjoying my calm, unmoved by everything around me, when suddenly something stabs my abdomen, followed by wild shakes and trembles in the dantian, until it fills up real sudden and solidly. My whole energy body felt like an eggshell around me after that.

And that's it. In as few words as I could manage.

Any wisdom to share?

Damn! Very nice descriptive account! What practice is this specifically...is this a tumo practice (I am not familiar with the yin yang aspect of it)? Yea, I don't believe you could abridge that and accurately portray what happened. I wish some others would chime in as this is a bit above my pay grade (pop. culture reference thank you very much). Before I give you my one cent, I recommend changing your thread's name as it seems some of the heavy hitters won't even take a look if they get the wrong impression from that; at least that's what I have noticed.

From what I understand, and your description of it fits, the red (female) and white (male) drops are part and parcel of Vajrayana's tumo. After the tumo heat is developed to a certain degree, the red drops from the navel and the white from the crown move into the central channel and eventually converge at the heart chakra. I believe this is called the generation stage and is part of the attempt to create an 'illusory' body.

Your experience of the winds coming in from numerous gateways, instead of the one (I assume the perineum or equivalent?) indicates to me that your central channel unfolded completely, at least for a time.

I gather that you had a tumo 'arousal' and a 'glimpse' of the fruition of this path. I have heard that tummo is Kundalini and also the reverse, that it is something distinct and separate although there are similar cautions and benefits with the 'awakening' it.

Now this following bit of my take comes from a memory to which I forgot the source and is addressing the 'instant dantien fill' you experience. I have heard or read (not experienced) that the tumo fire can be 'given' and isn't necessarily inherent to the body as the Kundalini is. Maybe, the stabbing sensation you felt was indicative of something akin to that?

I am sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I do believe you have had something significant happen and it wasn't part of the 'fleeting scenery' that most people get attached to. At least your back on top...now go and melt some ice :D.

Two books that go into detail about tummo are:

The Bliss of Inner Fire: Heart Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa by Lama Yeshe

Clear Light Of Bliss by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

Edited by betwixter

betwixter and Hagar, thanks for the input!

I've been doing the meditation again, trying to ind my way back into it. Not as easy as that time, of course, and every time I get a strong feeling that what I got was a glimpse, like a preview, and that I have to spend more time on the individual stages if I want to get back there.

I suppose this expereince could be related to tumo, then, it sounds like it makes sense... I may have to read up on it, or just stop with the need for information and keep meditating... I have already tried to get through clear light of bliss, but i found it very dificult. is The Bliss of Inner Fire: Heart Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa easier to get through? I have been reading a bit about naropa, but only the text about his life, nothing about the six yogas.

Just add hot water (or Saki) and stir :wub: