Owledge

The Celestine Prophecy

How much attention did this movie get? Do you know it? I've seen it recently. Not among the best movies ever, but enjoyable. Life energies, auras and stuff like that is dealt with in the movie, which is probably very rare for popular cinema.

ADDENDUM: Oh, why didn't I use the search function first? :rolleyes: Moderators ... this can be deleted unless people feel a desire to talk about it in great detail.

Edited by Hardyg

There's a movie?

I read the book about 20 years ago when I was trying to find ways to resolve my way out of the crazy place I was living in. I found most of the book good but there was some stuff towards the end that sounded a bit "join my cult discussion group"

It was also around that time that I read Anthony Robbins. I personally find his ideas of "success" somewhat distasteful (a la Tom Cruise in Magnolia - which I will now HAVE to post in my music section - despite it not being music) but the mechanisms sounded interesting.

There's a movie?

I read the book about 20 years ago when I was trying to find ways to resolve my way out of the crazy place I was living in. I found most of the book good but there was some stuff towards the end that sounded a bit "join my cult discussion group"

It was also around that time that I read Anthony Robbins. I personally find his ideas of "success" somewhat distasteful (a la Tom Cruise in Magnolia - which I will now HAVE to post in my music section - despite it not being music) but the mechanisms sounded interesting.

I have read the book a few times as well and seen the movie.

I enjoyed both.

However, it's a good introduction into spirituality, but is based on many Ancient/Hindu and Buddhist texts.

I read the book many years ago, while I was still such a skeptic and hadn't come to grips with much of what the Tao has since shown me.

At the time, I hated it and wrote it off as wishy-washy pop-spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Since then, I've become vegetarian (without thought to the book), experienced synchronicities so profound that I'm still having trouble believing the universe isn't screwing with me, and met some of the most amazingly spiritual people one could want.

I probably owe it a re-read.

There's a movie?

Magnolia is one of my favorite movies!:) It is about ganying (synchronicity to Jung)... how often do you see a fundamental taoist concept illustrated in a movie? Only Magnolia and Donnie Darko come to mind...

"...Only Magnolia and Donnie Darko come to mind..."

Ok, I'm busted :lol: Also very favourites of mine.

Lest I hijack a thread, how about we have one about movies that do that (i.e. illustrate Taoist concepts) :)