seththewhite

I'm no longer afraid to die.

A few months back, I posted a book in the book club section hoping that some of you may have read it and could bounce ideas with me. The name of this book is Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul.

The reason I'm bringing it up again is that I've been having thoughts that the philosophy of existence found in this book is more valuable to me than Taoism. ^That was a hard sentence to type.

I am relatively familiar with Eastern philosophies, and I accepted Taoism as my own when I was 18. I feel as though Taoism provides an awesome understanding of the Way of 'the world', but it didn't quench a certain mystic thirst that was latent within me... it didn't and couldn't touch on the idea of an existence that follows this one. This is my first time admitting that Taoism wasn't sufficient for the knowledge I sought.

My purpose for this post is attempting to relieve myself from some of the estrangement I feel due to the ideas presented in this book. I have never been a man of beliefs, but I can't deny my trust in the material. Much like the Tao Te Ching, as I read, I felt like my thoughts were being put into word-form and arranged beautifully into sentences and paragraphs. There is a section about 66.7% into the book where Seth discusses the concept of God, and it evoked enough emotion to make me cry in Starbucks... tears of happiness though.

It is now ingrained in my consciousness that the Answer to the Question is simply the beauty of creation.

I would like to recommend this read to anyone and request that you notify me if you do.

[email protected]

There is a facebook page that has the entire text posted as pictures. Here's the url:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=117046&id=163181792631

2e8a431378a016e508a28110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hope all is well my friends :)

-Seth

Hi Seth,

I do know what you are talking about and it should be understood that I am as faithful to the Way as I can possibly be. But I too felt that lacking after I had fully digested Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu.

I found my own way to deal with that bit of emptiness and I am happy to hear that you have found yours.

I won't be reading the link but just wanted to acknowledge your post.

Peace & Love!

To the OP,

Making an statement like that simply because you got impressed after reading a book is unwise.

Start practicing and then you might realise that what you should worry about the future consequences of your mental processes, rather than death itself. Death is another process not the end or start of anything. You are only a piece of an eternal continuum and need to learn how to manage it. Reading won't help much, sorry.

Hm, that was very helpful for me aswell.

Thank you

When I first read the Seth material like 10 years ago I found it very interesting. A week or two ago I looked at it again, and it's even more interesting. I don't usually like "channeled" stuff, but oh well...some of the ideas are brilliant.

To the OP,

Making an statement like that simply because you got impressed after reading a book is unwise.

Start practicing and then you might realise that what you should worry about the future consequences of your mental processes, rather than death itself. Death is another process not the end or start of anything. You are only a piece of an eternal continuum and need to learn how to manage it. Reading won't help much, sorry.

That's just your opinion and what is right for you. Reading can help a lot, and of course leads to practices if the shift is enough. Whatever the messenger, the message is what counts. Reading a book can lead to a whole paradigm shift, just as reading Yoganada's 'Autobiography of a Yogi' initiated a deeply felt shift in me in my early twenties and started me on a spiritual search that continues to this day.

Thanks for posting this, SeththeWhite. I found it very helpful, and I will get ahold of this book.

Guest paul walter

There is a section about 66.7% into the book where Seth discusses the concept of God, and it evoked enough emotion to make me cry in Starbucks... tears of happiness though.

Seth

Don't worry, it's just another caffeine/sugar withdrawel symptom we see so much of here on TTB, nothing to change your thinking over.

gg.

Death is always easy - particularly for those that think they know it all...

It is always living that is the challange.

The simple point that you are writing about it is in itself a pointer that you begin to welcome it, wish for it, look for an opportunity for make it true.

You should print this and give it t your friends etc before they ride with you driving a car.

You can also give it to a psycharitist and get a free -as in paid for by the taxpayer vacation- in a mental hospital.

It would be nice if some replies were less sarcastic or downplaying, some of which don't even indicate that they have read the same material as you so it might be construed as children on the playground making fun, as babes tend to.

I'm glad that you found something so worthwhile for you, at least. Mention more of the book in a way that could find me and others a chance to understand it better and perhaps you'll even create interest.

Reading won't help much, sorry.

This is wrong. Reading can help a lot. I could also say that practicing won't help much either, like the message in Avadhut Gita for example, but I won't.

A few months back, I posted a book in the book club section hoping that some of you may have read it and could bounce ideas with me. The name of this book is Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul.

The reason I'm bringing it up again is that I've been having thoughts that the philosophy of existence found in this book is more valuable to me than Taoism. ^That was a hard sentence to type.

I am relatively familiar with Eastern philosophies, and I accepted Taoism as my own when I was 18. I feel as though Taoism provides an awesome understanding of the Way of 'the world', but it didn't quench a certain mystic thirst that was latent within me... it didn't and couldn't touch on the idea of an existence that follows this one. This is my first time admitting that Taoism wasn't sufficient for the knowledge I sought.

I've read some of the book you link and I think Tao Te Ching actually provides the exact same understanding, although not as explicitly.

In any case, I believe the same things too, and it's hard for me to read that book because it feels like a boring and unsurprising repetition of everything I already believe. Still, I know you posted this not for my own benefit but for yourself, to ease your own burden. It takes a bit of courage to be who you are when the beliefs you have are somewhat rare. Congratulations!

Mention more of the book in a way that could find me and others a chance to understand it better and perhaps you'll even create interest.

Read This:

http://www.fromthestars.com/_printed%20pages/page178p.html

I like to think about that page as the story of the man named 'All That Is.'

As for creating interest for you, I'd truly love that! But I don't feel comfortable reviewing his ideas and possibly misconstruing them because I didn't elaborate enough... so instead I'll just mention some aspects of the book that really took hold of me:

'Reality is what you make it'- The human mind literally creates the 3-dimensional objective reality that we all live in and agree upon as fact. It works like a machine in that it intakes units of electromagnetic energy from thoughts and intentions and outputs everything in this world, including our own self-images. Also, upon entering into each of our reincarnational instances, we choose who our families will be based upon either what we need to learn or possibly according to relationships we've had with these personalities in previous existences...

I could mention more, but there's SO MUCH material. If you go to the facebook page in my 1st post, each picture of the chapters has a sentence that tells you a little about what it covers.

Thanks for posting this, SeththeWhite. I found it very helpful, and I will get ahold of this book.

I have started reading the book and it seems very interesting.

Thanks for your responses, and please let me know your thoughts if either of you finish the book.

It takes a bit of courage to be who you are when the beliefs you have are somewhat rare. Congratulations!

Thank you. Your words are always appreciated, as are the rest of the respondents'.

You should print this and give it t your friends etc before they ride with you driving a car.

I'm a bicyclist.

'Reality is what you make it'- The human mind literally creates the 3-dimensional objective reality that we all live in and agree upon as fact. It works like a machine in that it intakes units of electromagnetic energy from thoughts and intentions and outputs everything in this world, including our own self-images. Also, upon entering into each of our reincarnational instances, we choose who our families will be based upon either what we need to learn or possibly according to relationships we've had with these personalities in previous existences...

Have you experienced this?

You're no longer afraid to die, but let me ask you this, would you die for a stranger?

Don't lie.

So, are you really afraid to die?

Then can you manipulate your entire reality just by thoughts?

What we "can do" while centered in 3 dimensions is much different from what our souls do with no limitations... we are divisions of Infinity. To answer your question directly, I believe all of us manipulate reality at all times with our thoughts. But if you're asking me to show you my superpowers... I left them in my other pants.

Jesus was a highly psychically-advanced individual who created a religion to spread graspable concepts of the truth, which is infinitely beautiful. The concepts of Heaven and Hell truly do exist, as does every other concept - including the absence of concept. Good and evil are concepts emphasized by religion to represent deeper ideas, or that was Jesus' intention. Evil is ignorance of growth.

You're no longer afraid to die, but let me ask you this, would you die for a stranger?

I'm a stranger myself.

My purpose for this post is attempting to relieve myself from some of the estrangement I feel due to the ideas presented in this book. I have never been a man of beliefs, but I can't deny my trust in the material. Much like the Tao Te Ching, as I read, I felt like my thoughts were being put into word-form and arranged beautifully into sentences and paragraphs. There is a section about 66.7% into the book where Seth discusses the concept of God, and it evoked enough emotion to make me cry in Starbucks... tears of happiness though.

It is now ingrained in my consciousness that the Answer to the Question is simply the beauty of creation.

I would like to recommend this read to anyone and request that you notify me if you do.

[email protected]

There is a facebook page that has the entire text posted as pictures. Here's the url:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=117046&id=163181792631

2e8a431378a016e508a28110.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I hope all is well my friends :)

-Seth

Knowledge via mind in any form is not sufficient... thus if "Taoism" or any other type of school or vehicle could trap and hold the Tao and hand it to us as knowledge, then that would not be the Tao.

Om

Perhaps you could phrase it "I'm not half as scared of dying as I used to be", that's how I'm feeling.

That's the ticklish truth for me. :blush: I might sometimes say that I am not afraid to die and this will be close to truth, but is it absolutely true? Nope. I still have some insecurities about dying. Maybe even quite a few. But it's way better than it used to be, which is what you're saying.