NeiChuan

Sounds with or without actual sound..

Some of you may have heard of this, I myself have never heard anyone speak of it.

Anyway. Sometimes after plenty of meditation, and its completely quiet.. 4 in the morning, there is no tv on, noone awake except me.

After meditation I'll hear sound? Sometimes when I focus on it, it gets incredibly loud.. Its gotten nearly to loud before. I had the impression I could'nt pick up on this natural sound unless my mind and the enviroment were quiet enough.

Thing is just now listening to music, without headphones and not very loud either. I felt/picked up on during each little climax, a bump louder/higher of chords/drums or singing in my head?? The center of my head is best I could describe.

Its like a slight ringing or creeking sound that had went along with each sound that was just a bit louder, let me remind you the music was reasonably quiet.

Someone clarifying on this original sound heard during complete silence would be great, aswell as this occurance with music.

Oi!

Unless I am completely misreading your post, I am pretty confident that you are hearing what in the 'biz' they consider the 'unstruck sound' (the entrance to it anyway) or the anahata nada (anahata refers to the heart chakra as some traditions believe this is where the sound originates); it is a current of sound that runs unceasingly. There happens to be a form of yoga under the umbrella of Kriya Yoga called Nada yoga which basically is a path to the union with the divine through sound (or music). Some cultivators will stumble onto the sound through their own practices, while nada yoga proper will 'look' for the sound and put all their attention on it. Not surprisingly, their are a number of variations on how to begin the practice, from what type of sounds to start with, what position to adopt, using human voice and body movements, which sounds to follow or just pick whichever is predominate (the sounds will change...) and the like. Chris Kilham's "The Five Tibetans", along with the 5 Tibetans themselves, has a nice succinct description of this practice which is the centerpiece of a simple effective yoga/meditative practice he put together. I actually gave this practice the 'ole college try, but alas, having tinnitus does not lend itself well to a method that emphasizes listening to a subtle and illusive 'internal' sound...crap. Give some attention to this sound and see if it starts alter and change (volume, type, rhythm, etc...ie bees, waterfalls), and if there is more than one sound, just take your pick and see what happens; it is quite the experience. There is one caution I know of though (isn't there always :blink:), one less than desirable side effect of long time practitioners of this yoga will be that the sound will 'intrude' in their day to day life to the point of interference. From what I understand though, it will eventually go away (a 'stage' of the meditation), or at least, you truly will acclimate to it, unlike tinnitus. Good stuff as it can purify your nadis, energetic structures and the like while at the same time taking your mind through the various Jhanas...And I again, I really recommend taking a look at Chris Kilham's book (it is a Kundalini routine...caveat emptor). Have fun with it, as Nada yoga is a revered form of yoga (Siva even comments on it in the Siva Samhita)in the Upanishad and allegedly can take you all the way (to where? somewhere I suppose :ph34r:).

Here is a good short explanation with instruction: http://www.spiritsou...m/nadayoga.html

A much more complete description: http://www.yogamedit...du_10/nada_yoga

And a full on website dedicated to it: http://www.shantishi.../NadaYoga2.html

Wow. Thank you very much =D. I'll be looking into it more thoroughly.

You mean that constant ringing in the center (actually maybe a little back) of my head is useful for something? I've heard that since I was a kid. If I'm not thinking about it it's fine but once I notice it (if someone writes about it on a forum for instance <_< ) it gets plenty loud. If I pay attention to it other tones will join in, but nothing more interesting than that has ever happened. For me it's usually like 'the game' where you lose every time you remember or think about it (i just lost again the for first time in months and months :( ) because once I think about it the ringing starts again. Then again I'm not certain it ever stops..

When I was a kid I thought there was something wrong with my ears but I got tested and they said I was fine. Guess that means I'm on the road to enlightenment, though more likely walking in circles, probably backwards to boot :lol: Or it could just mean my childhood doctors were quacks (likely) and that I just have tinnitus. How does one tell the difference?

P.S. As I listen to it right now there are at least 3 or 4 tones and also a fast pulsing beat that only occurs in my right ear. go figure..

Edited by Dreamingawake

You mean that constant ringing in the center (actually maybe a little back) of my head is useful for something? I've heard that since I was a kid. If I'm not thinking about it it's fine but once I notice it (if someone writes about it on a forum for instance <_< ) it gets plenty loud. If I pay attention to it other tones will join in, but nothing more interesting than that has ever happened.

yeah thats pretty much a bullseye lol.