LaoTzu21

The correct healthy Diet

What do people with IBS actually eat?

i dont think you can diagnose someone with ibs to eat a particular way. there maybe something common with some foods like gluten, or dairy products that might aggravate it. for someone with ibs they may eat anything. its just that some foods will make it worse. and tend to stress the person who has ibsw to the point of constipation. its also a mind set too. for instance its a downward spirial. and its like which came fiorst the chicken or the egg. what i mean by that is. is the body weak or did it start from the mind thinking negatively. my teacher said that alot of people underestimate the power of emotions causing long term illness. so from that im inclined to think that maybe my emotions caused this problem. but now i have it. its like i said its a downward spiral. first you get pissed off and irritable with your attitude to life because you have low energy this is caused by the i.b.s you have then it affects every aspect in your life. the taste of food looses its taste. music doesn't sound beautiful any more. and everything has a dull glaze over to it. its like wearing beer goggles when you look outside or walking about. but ive noticed when you meditate and practice chi kung i get this things back slightly. but it still affects my life for when im working mostly.

"is the body weak or did it start from the mind thinking negatively."

IMO and small experience, not quite so clear cut. Yet I'd venture a strong, healthy body might tend to produce a more confident, positive, etc "mindset" that then returns the favour.

Why is it referred to as a "mindset"?

A good experiment to check out would be that one where the old folks in a home got an environment that recalled their younger days and got better for it. Can't remember where I found it (must be the Alzheimer's kicking in ;) )

Or better, just go get all the "placebo" information you can get.

Emotions aside, yes there's "external" stuff (as in "food") that doesn't aid IBS (or anything really). So you can't entirely blame yourself (well, except for the eating part I guess...)

i dont think you can diagnose someone with ibs to eat a particular way. there maybe something common with some foods like gluten, or dairy products that might aggravate it. for someone with ibs they may eat anything. its just that some foods will make it worse. and tend to stress the person who has ibsw to the point of constipation. its also a mind set too. for instance its a downward spirial. and its like which came fiorst the chicken or the egg. what i mean by that is. is the body weak or did it start from the mind thinking negatively. my teacher said that alot of people underestimate the power of emotions causing long term illness. so from that im inclined to think that maybe my emotions caused this problem. but now i have it. its like i said its a downward spiral. first you get pissed off and irritable with your attitude to life because you have low energy this is caused by the i.b.s you have then it affects every aspect in your life. the taste of food looses its taste. music doesn't sound beautiful any more. and everything has a dull glaze over to it. its like wearing beer goggles when you look outside or walking about. but ive noticed when you meditate and practice chi kung i get this things back slightly. but it still affects my life for when im working mostly.

YES! I know that "dull glaze" feeling...too well XP. It happens to me when I continously eat a diet of processed and cooked foods. My awareness of myself is lowered. Everything is numbed and "hazy", I feel everything less. Really man, make sum damn smoothies, lol, or buy them. I just bought this one, it's flash pasteurized which is better than normal, but still not as good as fresh, but it had purees of fruit and wheatgrass and wheat sprouts and spirulina and such for only $3. It really sounds like you'd benefit from a liquid diet of some sort, even if only for 15-20 days. Everything gets brighter, no more "grey" feeling. You hear stuff, smell stuff, feel stuff and notice stuff that normally you wouldn't. There plenty of energy and no full belly.

Then again my body works in a way where the less I eat the more I can move and the more I move the more energy I have...so...I didn't used to be like that. After the MasterCleanse my body changed from liking cold weather to liking hot weather (cold weather irritates me now), my energy is no longer dependant on food, and of course the positive benefits of being thinner :) Idk. Go figure it out, lol. Btw I just got a job working 10-4 eastern time so I may not be catchin ya as much on msn :( . Jus a heads up

-Astral

You have had some very effective advice given to you on your previous thread by posters that know their shit (thewhiterabbit, metaldog, astralanima, morepieguy-love that one, yamu, etc...), and I know enough to know that they know what they speak of; and yet you insist on saying, 'well, I'm just going to do this' or 'I'm just going to follow this 80 10 10 diet' which you mentioned in another thread or 'I'm going to seek the council of my physician' (which you then subsequently trashed). Well, then do it! These people are in good faith giving you very valuable information in response to your assumed sincere inquiry (which many, including myself, didn't do). Information that, no doubt, would take you quite a bit of time to flesh out on your own. If you already know so much about it, and are getting advice from your meditative guide, then follow it! Listen to Mr. Walter and just get on with it.

Edited by betwixter

Guest paul walter

im seeing my gp today

That's probably the only thing you shouldn't do :rolleyes: unless he is a very special GP with an interest in nutrition.

well the way british healthcare works is first you go to the doctor then he recommends you to another until you find the right one. the first one you go to just signs you up to health from the professionals and helps you be diagnosed.

Guest paul walter

well the way british healthcare works is first you go to the doctor then he recommends you to another until you find the right one. the first one you go to just signs you up to health from the professionals and helps you be diagnosed.

I hope all this is still free in Britian (even if it is a waste of time--there's essentially nothing they can do for IBS except harm you with drugs that don't fix it)

If they still had homeopathy on the NIH (they took it off this year)I'd recommend that very effective modality for IBS etc. My experience with docs is that they don't really know anything both in diagnosis and treatment for things like you have--all they do is keep trying til something happens or admit defeat :( Paul

Edited by paul walter

I hope all this is still free in Britian (even if it is a waste of time--there's essentially nothing they can do for IBS except harm you with drugs that don't fix it)

If they still had homeopathy on the NIH (they took it off this year)I'd recommend that very effective modality for IBS etc. My experience with docs is that they don't really know anything both in diagnosis and treatment for things like you have--all they do is keep trying til something happens or admit defeat :( Paul

the reason why they took it off is because scientifically homoeopathy has proven to be ineffective. this is not to say science is discriminating spiritual practices. theyve just cross referenced data to see if it does and doesn't work. and i wont admit defeat ever. how can i live my life like this when i need to be strong for the things to come.

Guest paul walter

the reason why they took it off is because scientifically homoeopathy has proven to be ineffective. this is not to say science is discriminating spiritual practices. theyve just cross referenced data to see if it does and doesn't work. and i wont admit defeat ever. how can i live my life like this when i need to be strong for the things to come.

No, what they did was suppress the science of homeopathy (quantum mechanics), do tests the wrong way, suppress the results of those tests then pronounce it ineffective. It's their win that one of the most successful modalities for IBS has been knocked off your dial because of their propoganda campaigns against everything that impinges on profitmaking. It's also ironic that someone with the name Laotzu doesn't recognise the tao anymore (homeopathy) cause of how it's been chopped up into little pieces and sold off like a whore in the world, -but maybe you're just Young Laotzu (21 years?), before he got the real deal in his old age? :P

Just be careful around those bastards (medical professionals) Laotzu--and you're right, never give up (or in!) . Paul

Edited by paul walter

No, what they did was suppress the science of homeopathy (quantum mechanics), do tests the wrong way, suppress the results of those tests then pronounce it ineffective. It's their win that one of the most successful modalities for IBS has been knocked off your dial because of their propoganda campaigns against everything that impinges on profitmaking. It's also ironic that someone with the name Laotzu doesn't recognise the tao anymore (homeopathy) cause of how it's been chopped up into little pieces and sold off like a whore in the world, -but maybe you're just Young Laotzu (21 years?), before he got the real deal in his old age? :P

Just be careful around those bastards (medical professionals) Laotzu--and you're right, never give up (or in!) . Paul

;p; whatever you say about homoeopathy being the tao hmm :S. anyway i went to my gp there current understanding of what ibs is, is very minimal. they said the best thing you can do is to learn how to manage it. they then gave me a leaflet about what it is. and started to ask me to write up a diary of food and sleep. to see any patterns. then she booked me into see a dietician and then i am going to go through the process of elimination apparently it can take 5 to 6 weeks with one food item. how many years of my life is that gunna eat up trying to find what it is that upsets me. oh and the reason why they cant find a cure for it is because they dont know the cause of it. so they cant treat the problem if they dont know the cause.

;p; whatever you say about homoeopathy being the tao hmm :S. anyway i went to my gp there current understanding of what ibs is, is very minimal. they said the best thing you can do is to learn how to manage it. they then gave me a leaflet about what it is. and started to ask me to write up a diary of food and sleep. to see any patterns. then she booked me into see a dietician and then i am going to go through the process of elimination apparently it can take 5 to 6 weeks with one food item. how many years of my life is that gunna eat up trying to find what it is that upsets me. oh and the reason why they cant find a cure for it is because they dont know the cause of it. so they cant treat the problem if they dont know the cause.

Thats because they still adhere to the flawed "microbe theory" of disease. Toxemia and malnutrition are the only causes of disease, bacteria are our "cleanup crew", they help us detoxify. I've already posted the cause of IBS discovered by MDs

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1678986#i

http://www.healingwell.com/library/ibs/article.asp?author=vanvorous&id=1

Always remember that the media is subject to the influence of big business, the TRUE owners of this country. They will never let a cure to anything be released because cures can't make nearly as much money as a monthly drug does. Cancer, diabetes, IBS, heart disease, all of these have cures that are out there, they are merely being supressed. The whole thing with the tao and homeopathy I believe is referring to the concept of following nature. I personally don't believe like cures like I believe all that does it cause more toxicity to the point where it's repressed and the symptoms go away. Kinda like comfort food, it puts such a burden on your system you become less aware of whatever pain (emotional, physical) you're in. Personally i'm a firm believer in using plants as medicine and fruits as food. But it's true, Mother nature has no diseases, learn and follow her guidelines and you'll live a perfectly healthy and happy life. Abandon her, poison her and try to destroy her (consciously or unconsciously) and we will face the consequences. The tao is about (in my limited understanding) being in harmony with nature. Modern medicine is not in harmony with nature, nor is modern living in general. A daoist sage would probably prefer a log cabin or cave somewhere :P

-Astral

Guest paul walter

well you can't say you weren't warned about all this :lol: . You can do it all yourself relatively easily but you'd have to decide you have the power and are worth it first. As for homeopathy being the tao "hmmm" , everything is 'tao' but some things are more "everything" than others :P Paul.

Guest paul walter
The whole thing with the tao and homeopathy I believe is referring to the concept of following nature. I personally don't believe like cures like I believe all that does it cause more toxicity to the point where it's repressed and the symptoms go away. Kinda like comfort food, it puts such a burden on your system you become less aware of whatever pain (emotional, physical) you're in. Personally i'm a firm believer in using plants as medicine and fruits as food.-Astral

The "like cures like" thing is much misunderstood in the age of post allopathic medicine where dis-eases have been bombarded with stronger and stronger doses of "like". That's the opposite to homeopathy's like cures like (similia similibus curentur) in that the body responds to micro doses (actually undetecable, that's where the shamanism/tao comes in ;) )of a 'like' substance--it's the "old" medicine, the medicine of respect and understanding for the earth and the body. Paul

"scientifically homoeopathy has proven to be ineffective."

I suspect many things have :lol:

However, if it's ineffective at worst, harmless etc then there's no danger in running your own subjective experiment.

When nothing seems to work then that's what it might just take ;)

Guest paul walter

"scientifically homoeopathy has proven to be ineffective."

I suspect many things have :lol:

However, if it's ineffective at worst, harmless etc then there's no danger in running your own subjective experiment.

When nothing seems to work then that's what it might just take ;)

;)