Baguakid

Bay Area Taoist - Qigong Masters (and Sacramento)

Looks like I'm going to be moving to within a few hours of the Bay Area (Reno/Tahoe area).

Anyone know of Masters/Schools/Training in that area (Sacramento/Oakland/San Francisco)?

Thanks,

I am in Sacramento and teach classical tai chi

There is also Touchstone Martial ArtsWing Chungwhere there are great classes in Wing Chung. There is someone driving from South Lake Tahoe for these classes. In any case feel free to pop in and say hello. There is Hundun on this board who is a great qi gong teacher. He is in Sac also.

Edited by tumoessence

Thanks tumoessence for the reply.

At this point I'm far more interested in Qigong training than Taiji as I have a turd load of forms training from my past and unfortunately have absolutely no interest in Wing Chun. Otherwise I could have a good learning experience there.

So far Hundun sounds like the man to see for me.

I'll give him a PM.

Thanks again for the reply.

Hi Baguakid,

Lots of good stuff going on in the Bay Area.

I'm no master, but my friend and I teach the nei gung system of BK Frantzis here in Berkeley.

We'll be teaching the main set of the system called "Gods Playing in the Clouds" on Oct 9 & 10 in Berkeley, it's a really good combination of lots of inner work.

Details here: http://watertradition.net/events.html

Take care,

Jess O

Hi Baguakid,

Lots of good stuff going on in the Bay Area.

I'm no master, but my friend and I teach the nei gung system of BK Frantzis here in Berkeley.

We'll be teaching the main set of the system called "Gods Playing in the Clouds" on Oct 9 & 10 in Berkeley, it's a really good combination of lots of inner work.

Details here: http://watertradition.net/events.html

Take care,

Jess O

Hey Jess.

Is this what you're talking about:

Looks very basic. I have 25 years experience in the arts.

Looking for higher level material/teachers.

Thanks,

Hello Baguakid,

In case your still looking for a qigong master to train under, you could try learning Wild Goose Qigong from Dr. Bingkun Hu My link. If your at all interested in Wild Goose, which is a complete taoist system, then He is the guy. He learned the the complete system from the last lineage holder Yang Meijun. He seems seems extremely knowledgeable and nice. Heres a link with his office in berkeley My link

There are a series of teachers under him in a group called wild coast qigong, in which most of them teach around the bay area, heres the website My link. I would recommend checking it out if your still in search of qigong. Incase your interested heres a link with everything you'd want to know about the Wild Goose system My link

good luck in your search of a good class

Hello Baguakid,

In case your still looking for a qigong master to train under, you could try learning Wild Goose Qigong from Dr. Bingkun Hu My link. If your at all interested in Wild Goose, which is a complete taoist system, then He is the guy. He learned the the complete system from the last lineage holder Yang Meijun. He seems seems extremely knowledgeable and nice. Heres a link with his office in berkeley My link

There are a series of teachers under him in a group called wild coast qigong, in which most of them teach around the bay area, heres the website My link. I would recommend checking it out if your still in search of qigong. Incase your interested heres a link with everything you'd want to know about the Wild Goose system My link

good luck in your search of a good class

Thanks for the reply SurfingBuddha!!

Hey Baguakid,

Did you ever find a suitable class you were looking for? You said you have 25 years of experience. What styles of qigong or martial arts have you done? After 25 years, what has been your conclusion as the best style or type of qigong to you? Personally I think I will continue Wild Goose and continue to search for a good TCM school to get a professional degree, then I think I will look into doing Michael Lomax's qigong certification program because I feel really drawn to his style. I look forward to reading Michael's book this winter, I have already asked for it for x-mas :lol:

Looks very basic. I have 25 years experience in the arts.

Looking for higher level material/teachers.

Thanks,

My first impression of your comment was that A: chi gung (and nei gung) is more about what's going on that you can't see than what you can. And B: I don't think I've ever heard someone dismiss Bruce's material so quickly and totally before. Maybe I am mistaken but if you've never actually put your hands on Bruce or one of his students how can you be sure that there is not something subtle going on there that you don't yet know and might want to? If you can write off God's Playing in the Clouds by watching one video...you must be really good. Please let us all know when you start teaching. If you set up shop in the Bay Area, I may just drop by.

• Like 1

My first impression of your comment was that A: chi gung (and nei gung) is more about what's going on that you can't see than what you can. And B: I don't think I've ever heard someone dismiss Bruce's material so quickly and totally before. Maybe I am mistaken but if you've never actually put your hands on Bruce or one of his students how can you be sure that there is not something subtle going on there that you don't yet know and might want to? If you can write off God's Playing in the Clouds by watching one video...you must be really good. Please let us all know when you start teaching. If you set up shop in the Bay Area, I may just drop by.

Take it easy SFJane.. I'm just stating what I felt based on what I saw from the guy in the video. I don't know BKF, never met him, but would really like to. Based on everything I've seen on youtube from him, I've never felt the draw to come learn from him. Could be my huge mistake, who knows? Anyway, I'm not here to bash but I do state clearly what I feel based on what I see. I don't pull punches. Again, I could be sorely mistaken and that's my weight to bear. Put your emotion away and have a beer, or a coke and a smile.

Peace.