Sign in to follow this  
Desert Eagle

can qigong negate substance effect?

if i drank too much tea and golden seal and became hypertensive, can qigong healing cancel their effects in one session?

Cancel? No, if a substance is consumed, anything from caffeine to cocaine, qi gong will only accelerate its metabolism so that it will be more rapidly detoxified from the system; so quite the opposite actually, qi gong will intensify the effects, albeit the effects won't last as long as they normally would have.

No answer possible, insufficient data...

Really depends on who you are. what qigong?

the answer is yes or no. anything else is just silly.

Is it possible. Probably all things are possible with energy work, including the ability to delude oneself.

Probably all things are possible with energy work, including the ability to delude oneself.

I'll be writing that one down.

I've heard several things from reputable sources...

15 minutes of taiji fully metabolizes and neutralizes one cup of coffee.

Goldenseal is toxic, and one doesn't take it on a regular basis for any reason -- only for 3--7 days as needed.

Contrary to urban legends, tea, coffee, mate, and any other natural caffeine-containing brews (no relation to sodas from a can) do not raise baseline blood pressure even though they do raise it temporarily upon consumption, for about an hour. Too much liquid, however, does (another urban legend to flush down the drain, the one about 8 glasses of water for "everybody" in "any" weather and in "any" health condition), so if you drink too much of anything, including pure water, and notice effects on your baseline blood pressure, reduce your fluid intake.

The best way to neutralize substances is by not taking them. If they are airborne, however, some Longmen practices (maybe others too, but this is the one I'm familiar with) train you to regulate the intake of air, including through your skin.

Thank you for the replies, I did feel calmer but there was still some tension and I'm referring to general tension and tension in the head not referring to blood pressure specifically.

Sign in to follow this