Biff

Methods for dealing with negative emotions/blockages

I was looking at another thread on the secret smile and people had made many recommendations for dealing with negative emotions etc. It made me think about EFT. Has anyone here had experience with Emotional Freedom Technique? I have used it a little but not extensively. The testimonials are hard core (removing lifelong serious phobias in one session).

If anyone has used this method and had results I would be interested to know about it. I believe originally ETF was TFT. A guy called Dr Callahan created the system of tapping on specific acupuncture points for different aliments. Then Gary Craig came along and realized that following a certain sequence seemed to resolve just about any emotional issue/blockage. He simplified the technique and called it EFT. I have read that the whole thing came from a system of Nei Gong. Can’t find that source anymore.

It seems logical, that tapping along certain points would release and increase qi flow. Anyone here know much about the acupuncture points and related organs? It would be great to understand the technical mechanism behind how it works. If indeed it does.

Yet another technique (completely unrelated) is TAT. Developed by Tapas Fleming, this technique is just a posture or more specifically only a few points (third eye being one) are held while different affirmations of statements are said. Again the statements about how effective this is are bold to say the least. Has anyone had experience with it? I can post more info about each method if needed but right now @ work.

Biff

Yea I have a lot of friends that find both to be very effective for letting things go.

I'd also recommend sedona method, or the abundance coarse... or hell any of the energy work here. Journaling, zazen, zhan zhuang, mirror work.. the list goes on.

Seems to me that energy work in general cleans out the body of trama, which frees you to clear the mind of poor beliefs/ideas/values. But you have to examine them.

So... go for it.

John

Edited by JohnC

Zhan Zhuang combined with a moving method does the job. Buddhist Vipassana is also great but it needs to be done in a retreat environment.

Why do you say that Vipassana must be practiced in a retreat environment? I really want to do a retreat and I know that they are very helpful, Daniel Ingram really recommends them but also says that daily practice is good too.

BTW how does standing practice help with vipassana? I used to do standing a while ago but didn't do much for me except calm the mind.. not sure what it does physically.. I just started doing yoga again and maybe will start doing standing (I just do wuji, is zhan zhuang better?)

Edited by Sunya

Guest paul walter

No idea about this method but I believe it's way too soft for people who has done extensive damage to their internal organs (and meridians which are allow them to communicate with the rest of the "self"). You need a radical approach.

Zhan Zhuang combined with a moving method does the job. Buddhist Vipassana is also great but it needs to be done in a retreat environment. In addition seeing someone with background and experience in meridian and internal organ manipulation (Chi Nei Tsang) as well as manipulation of specific parts of the body including massage and or shiatsu will be required when some nasty blockages related to old stagnant Qi flare up. It is very painful, indeed; but hey it's part of your karma and as such you need to work on it. We all work on it as humans we are.

I wish you a good recovery.

Edited: typo.

Yeah, like I said if you do it right it works wonders (EFT). Homeopathy cured me of years of internal organ trauma/imbalance in less than a day ten days ago. We don't like to believe in miracles for some pretty obvious reasons but it's an everyday thing if you know the right modality. Homeopathy is the real deal when it comes to body/mind/spirit healing--i'm sure all ancient cultures practiced the true science that it is based on, it's embodiment of classic taoist principles is impeccable (like cures like; the smallest is the largest; the most empty is the most full; as without so within...). The corporations/governments and academics of the world are waging a war on homeopathy as we speak so that at least tells you something about it's effectiveness/potential threat :rolleyes:?

Edited by paul walter

BTW how does standing practice help with vipassana? I used to do standing a while ago but didn't do much for me except calm the mind.. not sure what it does physically.. I just started doing yoga again and maybe will start doing standing (I just do wuji, is zhan zhuang better?)

Wuji is Zhan Zhuang in that Zhan Zhuang means post standing. If you mean wuji as arms straight beside the body, yes this is a good stance. I think holding the ball is more demanding physically but I am not an expert as to which stance is best. Wuji for 5 minutes before holding the ball and 5 minutes after is wonderful, I should say.

Regarding vipassana: I don't know. I am going on a vipassana retreat myself in 3 months so I will get some experience in doing both qigong (Flying Phoenix) and vipassana.

Regarding the retreat comment from dc: after Goenka courses they recommend two times 1 hour daily meditation so I think it should be compatible with daily life. Why shouldn't it be?

Guest paul walter

I met an EFT practitioner this year who held EFT in high regard. Says EFT works quickly. Haven't tried it but once, and can't say if it works, but I believe you.

Thanks! :lol:- it's hard to argue with lasting results. You can learn it off the net/youtube in an hour. There was an acupuncturist who says they stopped doing acupuncture after finding EFT cause it got the same results for them. Paul

Guest paul walter

If what you state is true, I'd be very curious to hear more.

Yeah, once again it's true--it ws in some EFt literature I had and no longer have so??? You can start doing it today and find out for yourself, do it in your friends and family (for anything), do the tapping on your own body instead of on theirs and it has the same effect and do it by tapping the points in your mind--same effect. Ultimately all this leads to resolving all pain/psych issues using the mind body intention protocol. EFT is just like having training wheels, that's all.

Paul

I have tried EFT and it's really amazing how simple it is but works nonetheless. I have a 2 of my close friends who underwent emotional depression and EFT worked for them. The tapping got something to do with it and the words that are used in recognizing the problem and releasing it.