HI there everyone,

I am new to the forum, and new to OBE. I have been given the basics to going about it, and had one good go at it the first time. This is how I was told to go about it. lie on you back very still, don't move a muscle. And start the energy flow from feet to top of head back and forth gradually gets faster. close your eyes, and when you start to see the images in head that come right before you fall asleep start imagining a spar bedroom, or another room you know every single detail about. I start at one end of the room and work my way around. Then you will fill your body start to vibrate slightly. Now here is the hard part, your body falls asleep, but your mind doesn't. This is your chance to visit the other astral plain. My friend that told me how to do this, said there is a whole city, with lots of people. And beings that are higher life forms. That we can't as humans even begin to understand. I have went once on my first try. Haven't been able to go again. I was in the room in my mind as i said and a woman came up in my face, long blonde hair, heavy set, scared me. So I went back to the room. Thats right not to my bed, where I was sleeping, isn't that amazing. Well I started around the room didn't take long, and again I see a man talking to another man, for some reason I can't see the second man. But the man I can see is kind of a Adam Sandler chubby brother type looking guy. And he looked at me and said to the other person. I couldn't see " where did you find this one?" So again I go back to my safe place my spar bedroom by the way. And I decide to go ahead and wake up. I get out of bed, it took exactly an hour for that. I e-mailed my friend to let him know. And back to bed I go, I look over at the clock and it said 11:11, which has been going on for most of my life that I remember. So I was like that figures, and went to sleep. But no matter how hard I try I can't have another OBE. First time dumb luck, or what? Anyone with any advise or knowledge. I would really appreciate it. By the way, I have had sleep paralysis, and waking up vibrating. Weeks and months before this experiment. So anyone, I would love any comments or ideas. I will be thankful... Melanie

:lol: I would say keep doing what you are doing :P

I had similar experiences & spent years chasing them again :blush:

I think sometimes its out of our control.

Good luck ;)

:lol: I would say keep doing what you are doing :P

I had similar experiences & spent years chasing them again :blush:

I think sometimes its out of our control.

Good luck ;)

Hi there,

Can I ask did you go about it? In the same way? how many times did you get to go? What did you see? Did you see the city? Please I really would love to talk to you. The person that got me started on this just left me on my ear with this. I would really love some guidance and more... Melanie

P.S. I know it's no pipe dream, people can even met there... :rolleyes:

You might like Damos Cave meditation. You can find it in Dr. Glenn Morris` Path Notes book (amazon). THe book also has a lot about encounters with various beings and deities from otehr dimensions. It has some chapters focused aminly on martial arts but you can skip them if you like and only read about kundalini, healing, encounters with hindu godesses etc.

Yoga nidra also might be something you`d like. Your body fals asleep but your mind does not.

:P

I look over at the clock and it said 11:11, which has been going on for most of my life that I remember. So I was like that figures, and went to sleep. But no matter how hard I try I can't have another OBE. First time dumb luck, or what? Anyone with any advise or knowledge. I would really appreciate it. By the way, I have had sleep paralysis, and waking up vibrating. Weeks and months before this experiment. So anyone, I would love any comments or ideas. I will be thankful... Melanie

Melanie,

Very few people have a natural talent for OBE so I did some checking into you.

I also have a natural talent for OBE and I wanted to see simularities.

According to the Chinese Lunar Calendar, you are born almost on Buddha's Birthday. Buddha was born on the 21st Lunar day, your birthday is on L15 of May.

I was born on the Lunar 21st of May.

The first OBE, I remember, was when I was about 15 years old. I have had them since then when I was worried about something or needed to OBE for some reason.

I have only consciously intended to have one a few times and it was after I had found a Yogi that taught me the methods.

Lately I have been practicing the methods again as I see a need forming.

If you like we can E-mail and I will teach you.

The methods are from Yoga, they work - and they will give you insights into yourself and your life.

Most probably we will not be able to meet as I have lived in China for some years and do not intend to leave. I am originaly from USA's Appalachian mountain area so there should not be a language problem. (If you can understand Hill-Billyease :P

To find my E-mail just click on the picture to the Left of this post.

A few Questions,

Do you have a lot of these times when you wake up at numbers like 11:11 ?

Can you tell yourself what time to wake up and do?

Can you send a mental request to a friend that you would like to talk and they call you?

Is there anyone in your family with the names: Lavelle, Moss, or Bonnie ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been reading a few of your previous posts and see that the worry warts are trying to cause you problems. There are some posters here that see their purpose as to disrupt and others that know just enough to be dangerous, that simply want to see their words in writing and to see if they can influence others.

The above is one of the worst things that a person can do to someone beginning to studying OBE.

Like I wrote above, I've been having these OBE's since I was about 15 - I am quite a bit older than you are now.

My experiences with them have been Very normal as well as no danger -But you -Absolutely- Must learn to controll your imagination and to understand your dreams.

Here is a website on a person that has many, many, many documented OBE's. (Something like 14,000) The documentations are stored in a library that is kept for future research..

I've read a few of the books written on his life's work and used them as guides rather than to listen to the know nothings and disrupters.

I suggest that you take a few minuites to read a little of his life's work. Pay particular attention to his method for reaching the OBE level given on this website: http://sleepingprophet.org/

His organization is here:

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/edgarcayce.aspx?id=1036

Edited by ~jK~

I had read from a few various Qigong masters that OBE's should not be attempted until a lot of other foundational work had been done first, or it can be dangerous.

I had read from a few various Qigong masters that OBE's should not be attempted until a lot of other foundational work had been done first, or it can be dangerous.

I think bruce's system of energy work is a pretty solid foundation. I'd recommend bruce's work and spring forest qigong to anyone.

Hi everyone.

Thank you all for all you great advise. I will look into each web-site, that you all have suggested... And I agree about protecting yourself, very much so. Thats why I'm here speaking to you nice people instead of jumping into something. I really appreciate all the great advise, again... Melanie

:P

Melanie,

Very few people have a natural talent for OBE so I did some checking into you.

I also have a natural talent for OBE and I wanted to see simularities.

According to the Chinese Lunar Calendar, you are born almost on Buddha's Birthday. Buddha was born on the 21st Lunar day, your birthday is on L15 of May.

I was born on the Lunar 21st of May.

The first OBE, I remember, was when I was about 15 years old. I have had them since then when I was worried about something or needed to OBE for some reason.

I have only consciously intended to have one a few times and it was after I had found a Yogi that taught me the methods.

Lately I have been practicing the methods again as I see a need forming.

If you like we can E-mail and I will teach you.

The methods are from Yoga, they work - and they will give you insights into yourself and your life.

Most probably we will not be able to meet as I have lived in China for some years and do not intend to leave. I am originaly from USA's Appalachian mountain area so there should not be a language problem. (If you can understand Hill-Billyease :P

To find my E-mail just click on the picture to the Left of this post.

A few Questions,

Do you have a lot of these times when you wake up at numbers like 11:11 ?

Can you tell yourself what time to wake up and do?

Can you send a mental request to a friend that you would like to talk and they call you?

Is there anyone in your family with the names: Lavelle, Moss, or Bonnie ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been reading a few of your previous posts and see that the worry warts are trying to cause you problems. There are some posters here that see their purpose as to disrupt and others that know just enough to be dangerous, that simply want to see their words in writing and to see if they can influence others.

The above is one of the worst things that a person can do to someone beginning to studying OBE.

Like I wrote above, I've been having these OBE's since I was about 15 - I am quite a bit older than you are now.

My experiences with them have been Very normal as well as no danger -But you -Absolutely- Must learn to controll your imagination and to understand your dreams.

Here is a website on a person that has many, many, many documented OBE's. (Something like 14,000) The documentations are stored in a library that is kept for future research..

I've read a few of the books written on his life's work and used them as guides rather than to listen to the know nothings and disrupters.

I suggest that you take a few minuites to read a little of his life's work. Pay particular attention to his method for reaching the OBE level given on this website: http://sleepingprophet.org/

His organization is here:

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/edgarcayce.aspx?id=1036

Thank you so much for your support, I will look into what you are saying... That is something about our Birthdays. I will get in touch with you. It's funny there are always those people like that. That you are talking about...lol Thanks for the encouragement... Melanie

HI there everyone,

I am new to the forum, and new to OBE. I have been given the basics to going about it, and had one good go at it the first time. This is how I was told to go about it. lie on you back very still, don't move a muscle. And start the energy flow from feet to top of head back and forth gradually gets faster. close your eyes, and when you start to see the images in head that come right before you fall asleep start imagining a spar bedroom, or another room you know every single detail about. I start at one end of the room and work my way around. Then you will fill your body start to vibrate slightly. Now here is the hard part, your body falls asleep, but your mind doesn't. This is your chance to visit the other astral plain. My friend that told me how to do this, said there is a whole city, with lots of people. And beings that are higher life forms. That we can't as humans even begin to understand. I have went once on my first try. Haven't been able to go again. I was in the room in my mind as i said and a woman came up in my face, long blonde hair, heavy set, scared me. So I went back to the room. Thats right not to my bed, where I was sleeping, isn't that amazing. Well I started around the room didn't take long, and again I see a man talking to another man, for some reason I can't see the second man. But the man I can see is kind of a Adam Sandler chubby brother type looking guy. And he looked at me and said to the other person. I couldn't see " where did you find this one?" So again I go back to my safe place my spar bedroom by the way. And I decide to go ahead and wake up. I get out of bed, it took exactly an hour for that. I e-mailed my friend to let him know. And back to bed I go, I look over at the clock and it said 11:11, which has been going on for most of my life that I remember. So I was like that figures, and went to sleep. But no matter how hard I try I can't have another OBE. First time dumb luck, or what? Anyone with any advise or knowledge. I would really appreciate it. By the way, I have had sleep paralysis, and waking up vibrating. Weeks and months before this experiment. So anyone, I would love any comments or ideas. I will be thankful... Melanie

Hello Melanie,

Welcome !I have be OBEing since young age.And remeber asking my mum that i am scared when my body goes stiff when i close my eyes and im thinking ,but cant move it,she didnt know unfortunatley.It was so scary back than.Those pshycic realms tally with realms of our mind(IMO).

Nowadays i love the feeling of loosing body councessnes.

OBE has never been focus for myself just something that happens .It feels better for me to try and shift to meditation while sleeping if i can.Thats what im working on now.

Do you keep dream journal?It is helpful to work my dream world out and break into patterns and meanings ,than you can remind yourself of those inside the dream and break into different spheres ..or shift councissness.

I think best protection is developing honesty,kindness and good intention as in character wise.

Edited by suninmyeyes

HI there everyone,

I once had an OBE, I was approached by a being of light, he came to me and bestowed upon me a divine mission, a mission to unblock humanities grammar chakra so no person has to suffer reading an overwhelming wall of text.

I am not a grammar or spelling nazi, but have some compassion for those who may want to read your post.

OBEs are interesting to me, but I cannot verify that they are real. Every morning I woke up, no matter how awesome I felt or how awesome the experiences were, other than myself, nothing in the world had changed.

I once had an OBE, I was approached by a being of light, he came to me and bestowed upon me a divine mission, a mission to unblock humanities grammar chakra so no person has to suffer reading an overwhelming wall of text.

I am not a grammar or spelling nazi, but have some compassion for those who may want to read your post.

OBEs are interesting to me, but I cannot verify that they are real. Every morning I woke up, no matter how awesome I felt or how awesome the experiences were, other than myself, nothing in the world had changed.

What worked for me was having someone project, and then mess with me randomly throughout the day.

It makes projection a much easier topic to understand. Especially when your standing next to cooworkers and jumping around becuase your being pinched by unseen hands.

I agree That Guy (you are too funny :lol:). Incorporating some "white space" or breaks in text/paragraphs is helpful to allow comfortable reading of posts. ;)B)

:lol: Thanks RV.

And Mokona, are you saying you manage to get undeniable evidence for yourself that OBEs are real? How did your friend actually find his way to you at work?

I have read that you just think of the place you wanna go and you are taken there.

Anyway, experiences on my side are tougher to accept. If I am to accept OBEs as 100% real, and not simply a construct of the mind, I have to accept a lot of other things. Like heaven (of some sort), angels, negative entity attacks, astrology and maybe even the power of Jesus. Things weren't always so strange though, at first OBEs were more normal and down to earth, then I started flying straight upwards into the sky and things got a little more crazy :lol:Beautiful, but crazy.

I love OBEs, but am yet to get verification on them.

That is something about our Birthdays.

Melanie

I think that as you learn more of Taoist thinking, you will find that Taoist Science is largely about timings of the universe such as seasonal diseases, Chinese astrology etc.

Here is a webpage on Buddhist philosophy (Not religion)

What needs to be said is contained mainly within just one or two lines.

I think that as you grow with the OBE ability, you will see how Buddhist philosophy ties into it as it is largely about cause and effect(karma)and morality. http://www.amtbweb.org/tchem001.htm

Very true but the followup is even more important as a person needs to experience it to know the questions to ask so as to guide through the unseen.

Furthermore only those with experience can interpret the questions as well as to know the difference between dreaming and the realities of the astral.

Hello Melanie,

Welcome !I have be OBEing since young age.And remeber asking my mum that i am scared when my body goes stiff when i close my eyes and im thinking ,but cant move it,she didnt know unfortunatley.It was so scary back than.Those pshycic realms tally with realms of our mind(IMO).

Now i love it ,there is nothing better(am i being selfish?)getting rid of body concioussnes ,so sweet and free.

Do you keep dream journal?It is helpful to work my dream world out and break into patterns and meanings ,than you can remind yourself of those inside the dream and break into different spheres ..or shift councissness.

I think best protection is developing honesty,kindness and good intention as in character wise.

Hi there,

I know, I was so scared the first couple of sleep paraylsis, and looking down on my body vibrating. I am so sorry... being so young. I bet that was scary, with no one to explain things to you. Have you learned a lot by now? I know there are people who can travel, and come straight up to you, in body. I just think this is so amazing... So tell me of some of your experiences, if you would like... Melanie

Hi there, The Guy

Bless your heart...lol I am so sorry! I gave you, and everyone else such a problem reading that. It sure wasn't my intent. I will try and do better next time. Please forgive my terrible grammar, and spelling and lack of spacing. Now that I look back on it, I would say that was the main problem...lol Take Care Mel

What worked for me was having someone project, and then mess with me randomly throughout the day.

It makes projection a much easier topic to understand. Especially when your standing next to cooworkers and jumping around becuase your being pinched by unseen hands.

Hi there,

Love the pic, that cat is kicking that dogs butt...lol

I get you, that's what I understand also. It's not just astral plain travel. A person can come visit. Way cool, and a little creepy. Especially while taking a bath. But seriously from what I understand there are privacy rules. If they are followed that is... Mel

:lol: Thanks RV.

And Mokona, are you saying you manage to get undeniable evidence for yourself that OBEs are real? How did your friend actually find his way to you at work?

I have read that you just think of the place you wanna go and you are taken there.

Anyway, experiences on my side are tougher to accept. If I am to accept OBEs as 100% real, and not simply a construct of the mind, I have to accept a lot of other things. Like heaven (of some sort), angels, negative entity attacks, astrology and maybe even the power of Jesus. Things weren't always so strange though, at first OBEs were more normal and down to earth, then I started flying straight upwards into the sky and things got a little more crazy :lol:Beautiful, but crazy.

I love OBEs, but am yet to get verification on them.

Hi there again,

Yes that is how it works, people can become so good at this. You could send them pics of a room, and they can travel through an OBE and pay you a visit. Sounds crazy... Mel

I think that as you learn more of Taoist thinking, you will find that Taoist Science is largely about timings of the universe such as seasonal diseases, Chinese astrology etc.

Here is a webpage on Buddhist philosophy (Not religion)

What needs to be said is contained mainly within just one or two lines.

I think that as you grow with the OBE ability, you will see how Buddhist philosophy ties into it as it is largely about cause and effect(karma)and morality. http://www.amtbweb.org/tchem001.htm

Hi again,

Nice to hear from you... You seem to have a good understanding of this I can tell. When me and my friend where practicing, we would set our clocks, sleep and get up at 3:00 or 4:00. And wake up and lie back down, and try and have an OBE.

But about the timing he lived in Amsterdam. I live in the US. So timing was different. And then there is some other timing, that I know your talking about. Like If I get to the vibration state, and my mind wont stay focused, my timing gets off. Lots of other things can through you out of the race also. But when you get it. It's so cool... Yes? And oh the pics of your exit point...

Go ahead and pm if you like, I'm not sure how to work this. I'm still getting to know the forum, and trying not to piss off people with my poor writing ability...lol Your friend Melanie

Hi there,

I know, I was so scared the first couple of sleep paraylsis, and looking down on my body vibrating. I am so sorry... being so young. I bet that was scary, with no one to explain things to you. Have you learned a lot by now? I know there are people who can travel, and come straight up to you, in body. I just think this is so amazing... So tell me of some of your experiences, if you would like... Melanie

I have learned something and still have to learn a lot.

You see everything feels so correlated to me with OBE and everything else in life.So im still working myself out .

I knew of someone who has a mate in Australia and they used to meet in dreams like this for a chat.haha.Sounds like a good skill to have.

Yes you are right this is amazing,and also it is amazing how multideimensional life is.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Hi again,

Nice to hear from you... You seem to have a good understanding of this I can tell. When me and my friend where practicing, we would set our clocks, sleep and get up at 3:00 or 4:00. And wake up and lie back down, and try and have an OBE.

But about the timing he lived in Amsterdam. I live in the US. So timing was different. And then there is some other timing, that I know your talking about. Like If I get to the vibration state, and my mind wont stay focused, my timing gets off. Lots of other things can through you out of the race also. But when you get it. It's so cool... Yes? And oh the pics of your exit point...

Go ahead and pm if you like, I'm not sure how to work this. I'm still getting to know the forum, and trying not to piss off people with my poor writing ability...lol Your friend Melanie

A little eye candy th help our Newbe feel at home :lol:

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1d9qz_spi...-pt1_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1da00_spi...lity-pt2_people

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1da8v_spi...-pt3_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1dae5_spi...ty-pt4_creation

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1daj2_spi...eality-pt5_blog

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1danq_spi...eality-pt6_news

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1dapv_spi...lity-pt7_people

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x1dijt_spi...lity-pt8_school