Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

graduated from job corps and am looking for a job?

So on august 20th 2010 i graduated from job corps in the field of culinary arts. I am concidered a chef. I am curently looking for a cooking position at a retreat center. Anyone know of any retreat centers that have a position open in the united states for a chef? I have tried applying at the ratna ling center in california and they said i was not what they are looking for. It can be any religion as long as they are opento other religious beliefs, So anyone know of any jobs?

Thanks

Edited by mewtwo

http://www.fpmt.org/resources/jobs.php

This organization is Tibetan Buddhist and has many centers all around the world. They currently have an opening for a cook in their retreat center in Spain at the moment. Are you open to going outside the US?

I also see them looking for a cook in their Vermont center.

Good luck to you

Well, Good Morning,

I wanted to tell you congratulation's I am very happy for you. I hope you find just what you are looking for, and I have feeling you will... Sending good thought and love your way... Melanie :)

So on august 20th 2010 i graduated from job corps in the field of culinary arts. I am concidered a chef. I am curently looking for a cooking position at a retreat center. Anyone know of any retreat centers that have a position open in the united states for a chef? I have tried applying at the ratna ling center in california and they said i was not what they are looking for. It can be any religion as long as they are opento other religious beliefs, So anyone know of any jobs?

Thanks

mewtwo,

Hiring is often seasonal whereas looking for hiring in seasonal locations may be your key.

Summer locations, such as Hawaii etc., are now coming to an end - although winter locations, such as ski resourts, are in the process of beginning.

The Shiping industry is also a hiring possibility for year round. Here is the workers union for The Shiping industry- http://www.seafarers.org/jobs/

Sign in to follow this