Sign in to follow this  
lezlie

Spiritual visuals

I recently rented a DVD entitled The Illuminated Chakras. Anodea Judith guides you through an open-eye mediation with visuals created by Alex Wayne and music by Robin Silver. The DVD was returned with intention to purchase my own copy.

Today I came across these two beautiful pieces, found on YouTube on a search for "magick", and though I'd share them here with the question "What do you get out of visuals such as these?"

Are you turned off by them, turned on by them, or indifferent to their existance... do you prefer to use only audio for your practices or do you find the created visuals help you in some ways?

(since I cannot embed the videos in this post, you'll have to click through to watch)

Cool movies Lezlie. B)

I actually found myself pretty effected by the visuals in "The Illuminated Chakras" ... but I think only because of the sensitivity to my subtle body I've cultivated through meditation ... I can't imagine just handing that tape to anyone and have the images stimulate inner movement ... that they would notice anyway.

Since watching that video it's made me think more about the possibility of art as alchemy or art as magick, however you want to think of it. Chakras, Taoist organs/shen spirits, sephiroth ... any of the more popular systems of correspondences that contemplatives are meditating on ... people are building up rich inner visual cues that unconsciously access emotional/mental states, subtle body alchemy, etc. ... I wonder what the possibilities are in creating visual art, animated movies let's say, that stimulate some degree of alchemy in initiates just by watching them.

On a more personal angle, the other night I did some parts work on myself in Photoshop. I accessed the felt-sense of a few parts and asked to be guided to draw them ... then, as I held these parts in a space of acceptance and love, they (as usual) transformed and I drew them again. I did this all on separate layers so afterward I played with slowly moving the transformed versions on top of the original, more stuck versions of the parts ... lowering the opacity of the stuck version until it disappeared, stuff like that. Different things elicited really interesting responses in me, it was cool.

BTW - Did you see I just picked up Visual Magick a few weeks ago? I won't start it until I finish another book I'm reading (sticking with the one book at a time thing) ... sounds like something you might dig.

Love you,

Sean

I think Art-as-Alchemy is a definate reality... just listen to Beethoven's 9th... or a bit of Aphex Twin.

(aphex twin)

ah! ain't that the truth

Nice vids! Feeling way expanded inside from that. And, though its a bright sunny day here, I feel a clear connection with the stars around me.

Sign in to follow this