Sign in to follow this  
alexandrov

Horseradish.. cooling or warming?

over the past 2 years I have developed the ability to feel some of the TCM qualities in foods after ingesting them.

One food I can not figure out is horseradish. All the sources I have found list it as a "hot" food, but I do not think it has the same effects on my body as say cayenne, garlic, onion, or other commonly known hot spices.

Most other radishes are classified as having a cooling nature and I have found that radishes have the ability to "clean out heat" from my lower burner area. Based upon my own experience horseradish has this same lower burner heat clearing ability whereas things like garlic and onion create what I describe as "noxius stagnant heat" in the lower burner area. Any ideas?

I love horseradish. Always keep some in the house and almost always put it on any sandwich I make. I don't know what it does for my body but apparently my body likes it.

Peace & Love!

hot slightly damp slightly toxic... Enters the lung, chong mai, lower burner, upper burner.

it is quite enjoyable. especially wasabi-horseradish.

I dont have an LD50 on it, most likely that would take some work to find.

I just know if you are exposed to too much of the oil it can be lethal but was are talking A LOT OF HORSERADISH for that to happen.

I enjoy horseradish but not from a jar.

I buy the root myself (called German Pepper Root at my local stores), grind it up, add a little organic apple cider vinegar, little salt and a small bit of fresh liquid whey (as a natural preservative).

This will last six months before it starts to lose any potency or the radish begins to discolor and darken a bit.

But when I grind the radish, I put on my protective carpenter goggles, a paper mask over my nose and mouth and do it outside...as this will fume up the house something fierce.

Thats one thing I've thought of also.. First time I had Wasabi I wasn't feeling well, but right after I tried it I felt great.

My energy seemed to peak a little for some reason to, really not sure why due to wasabi. Lot of energy circulating.If any of you have any idea why feedback would be great.

It seems to be more cooling to me though, I'll look into it more.

Sign in to follow this