David

Hi, all

How refreshing to find such a wonderful community of seekers of spiritual reality!

I don't know if you've noticed, but there is something a bit ironic about the word 'Tao'. While the word means roughly 'the Way', it has been used by more different schools of spiritual thought than most other pivotal philosophical/religious words. I'm coming to a realization that so long as we live in ignorance of the fundamental unity of life there are many ways, as many as there are us. As we grow in spiritual understanding we begin to see a blurring of the distinctions between the different ways, until ultimately we see that there was only one Way after all, a Way that can become clear for everyone.

I truly believe that we are all on one Path, although it seems to be so different when we focus on the details and on the personalities. Ultimately, we are one great Personality, unbounded inside and unbounded outside, in Unity and love forever.

David Spector

Welcome welcome welcome. I have beend doing much research into the TM stuff. I was talking with a teacher about the 2500 and about prorams like yours. He said that people like you must have a "blockage" somehwere but I really must disagree and comend the work your doing. To think that Maharishi is the only way we can acheive global peace is just retarded. Maharishi even said it is okay that people are bringing his techniques to different levels or something to this effect.

Are you familiar with the Art of Living Institute? This is another person who broke off from TM, perhaps you have tried his techniques? They are shown to fix depression in studies.

How identical is your system to the TM system?

How do you feel about their stressing 20 minutes twice per day? Do you think this can be too much for some people? My mom used to do TM in the 70s until it started to make her feel ungrounded/dizzy and so stopped. I was talking to TM teachers who said to have her come in for a "checkup". I wonder if they would try to charge her money for a checkup?

I do agree with you a lot on the Vastu issue, saying we should destory all the shelters and rebuild them which do not face North or East is simply making Maharishi look like a fool!

I think it is really good to break off from Maharishi and I look foward to combining his techniques with the taoist and other other traditions, the essence of indiginous wisdom, and applying science to this for the healing of the nations/people and all celestial beings!

I read somewhere that is cost 6 grand to be a Tm trainer, I also heard it was only like a few grand for the training, I wonder what is true? Regardless I dont care because I want to see a more integral system developed which has a reasonable (or no) price and is adaptable for everyone...that is my humble vision :)

http://www.artofliving.org/

http://www.aolresearch.org/

"I agree with the Maharishi of the 1960's (and the Yogani of today) that everyone should practice transcending and experience unbounded bliss consciousness and freedom from the damaging effects of stress."

Sounds good!

How do you feel about the idea that Maharishi is trying to channel money from the rich in America to poorer places and take over the world?

http://www.aolresearch.org/pdf/Depression%20Summary.pdf

Depression studies...let me know what you think.

I wonder more specificly what is different about your methods?

From my understanding of Tm meditation one just sits there with a mantra relaxed. Thats about it.

How about some details on the siddih or yogic flying and whatnot?

I wonder how transparent TM's finances are?

I agree with Yogani, Maharishi, and many others that transcending should form the backbone of any effective personal program of spiritual growth towards full potential. Without the infusion of pure being through direct contact with the source of thought deep inside, physical techniques miss the most vital means of normalization of the nervous system.

Nicely put!

No verbal description can substitute for the experience--a little bit of bliss consciousness is enough to convince anyone of the wonder of deep meditation. It truly brings us quickly to the goal of all desire, the home of all the laws of nature, deep inside us, then later extending outward from there to encompass the entire universe.

If you are looking for a better life, not just intellectually curious about "secret" techniques, effective teaching is now available easily and inexpensively.

It's so simple, how could it be this simple! :)

Sean

Interesting stuff, I am tempted to get into your technique, amazing how you talk about this bliss consciousness and whatnot. Taoist masters dont even talk about that. In fact, excess joy can be harmful many say! I like these AYP tips on using mantra. I dont normaly use mantra, I like bone meditation a lot these days but will give this a try.