Sign in to follow this  
Non

neck "blockage" leads to fatigue and breathlessness

It seems like I have some sort of blockage in my neck, specifically like, at the base of my skull. Everytime I do exercise it feels like I can't do as much as I could because that area always feels tense, or like energy can't flow through it. I've been to a chiropractor and he hasn't been able to do anything. It feels like my tendons are not right, or are really tight around it. Not enough oxygen maybe flows through it and I'm always breathless and specifically in the upper extremes of my chest because of this. I am really tense in my shoulders as well and all the parts connecting to the area, ie from the base of my skull and back of it, down to my shoulders and upper chest and upper back.. so I always feel like I have to raise my arms and look up, because my flexibility is also really low there.

Is it a thyroid problem? I do take a lot of iodine.. though iodine does seem to activate it too.

Edited by Non

It seems like I have some sort of blockage in my neck, specifically like, at the base of my skull. Everytime I do exercise it feels like I can't do as much as I could because that area always feels tense, or like energy can't flow through it. I've been to a chiropractor and he hasn't been able to do anything. It feels like my tendons are not right, or are really tight around it. Not enough oxygen maybe flows through it and I'm always breathless and specifically in the upper extremes of my chest because of this. I am really tense in my shoulders as well and all the parts connecting to the area, ie from the base of my skull and back of it, down to my shoulders and upper chest and upper back.. so I always feel like I have to raise my arms and look up, because my flexibility is also really low there.

Is it a thyroid problem? I do take a lot of iodine.. though iodine does seem to activate it too.

From your description, off hand it sounds like a throat chakra blockage, based upon all the problem areas and symptoms you described. Do you also feel it difficult to express yourself, feel like your not listened to, ect??

From your description, off hand it sounds like a throat chakra blockage, based upon all the problem areas and symptoms you described. Do you also feel it difficult to express yourself, feel like your not listened to, ect??

uhm, definitely.

Though.. I'm always doing Robert Bruces awareness tracking up and down the throat, it still doesn't seem to open that up. Seems Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways is ineffective except for gaining awareness in areas you normally don't have but doesn't really bring 'energy' in. IN fact.. I've never understood how "simply imagining" breathing in energy can bring in energy from outside except by breath..

Edited by Non

I'd hesitate jumping onto the throat chakra here-- but then again I could be completely wrong.

Chunyi Lin talks at some length about the importance of clearing out your C7 vertebrae... Blockages here create all sorts of problems, above and below the neckline.. As such, it's (clearing out C7) among one of the very first cursory steps that he advises healers to go through when assessing a patient... So I'd look into that....

Chunyi Lin sees the areas beneath the clavicles as the windows to the chest... If you have trouble breathing-- throw the windows open... "Let the smoke out of the house.." SFQ would have you apply sword fingers to these areas to break up blockages....

... But there are a host of additional steps to follow through with each of these two points... I'm just offering up some possibilities... But I do think C7 would be a great place to start.

As for tightness/flexibility... Have you tried simple, slow, relaxed stretching? Neck rolls etc coordinated with breathing?

But, I'd like to emphasize that I'm really no expert, and it would be wise to pursue and entertain a variety of possible avenues here.

best.

balance.

*oh, I've also been told recently that problems at C7 can also affect the shoulders... Something to keep in mind.

Edited by balance.

When I first began qigong I had a somewhat similar sensation on the back of my neck at C-7 but not as severe as you describe. After doing MCO for a while it cleared up.

Neck rolls etc coordinated with breathing?

I like to do really gentle neck rolls with breath retention, while working slightly below the throat area. It's a place where C7/T1 seems to connect with the shoulders and front parts of the clavicle. I use a bright white visualization for it, and meditate upon it while I do circles and hold my breath.

I think it originated from the Bon tradition. It's in the book Healing with Form for those who want to experiment with it.

Personally, I've found that to be the most helpful thing for neck problems!

Which side of your neck?

In my small experience, if it's the back, I suggest a small adjustment that I found helps tension:

- Put your chin slightly lower and ever so slightly forward of where you might usually carry it

- Smile

It doesn't even have to be a grin, just enough to open the stuff that would like to be opened.

Guest paul walter

If you want to get better Non stop doing things like you're doing, that's number one.

If you want to get better Non stop doing things like you're doing, that's number one.

Interesting in that all that have responded seem to have some portion of understanding, and all are from different angles as is the bagua, whereas paul walter summmmmms them all up with post #8.

Well here comes # 9. :P

It's a trick I learned from Edgar Cayce: http://sleepingprophet.org/

Edgar Cayce thought our mind was the most powerful tool imaginable - he used it to heal himself as well as many other...

I would follow in his footsteps by using your mind to mentaly relax the area of problem as you focus some on the breath and breathe through the blockage as you relax the area with yourr mind.

Edited by ~jK~

The neck movements at the beginning of intuflow are very good. My neck is much better now than before. You can find them for free in the first part of the intuflow begginers series on youtube.

In my previous post, I was replying to Chakra problems - but neck "blockage" leading to fatigue and breathlessness"... This is an entirely new critter.

This is more of a bio-physical problem -possibly the onset of a circulatory problem.

I would see a medical Dr. for this...

2nd best would be to could make a call to a hospital's emergency room to ask them of it -and describe your symptoms.

Guest paul walter

Taking too much iodine leads to hyperthyroidism and other bad things.

neck "blockage" leading to fatigue and breathlessness

If you look at the complexity and function of the vagus nerve this is quite understandable. You could almost consider the vagus complex as being a brain of its own.

Edited by metal dog

Guest paul walter

Taking too much iodine leads to hyperthyroidism and other bad things.

I realised I wasn't specific enough---hyperthyroidism leads to fatigue. Self diagnosing and dosing is dangerous sometimes.

Hi there,

I also have had the same type of thing for years. It sounds like anyways. And what I do is take my fingers right at the base of the skull and push as hard as I can into those nerves. It should feel good, or hurt in good way. Don't over do it. Or anything. Best thing would be if you could get someone else to go at it from another direction. Like you laying on back, them pushing upwards into that area. You would have to guide them, we know just where they are, others don't. It causes me tension headaches. But if I do this regularly it really helps. Anyways your not the only one my friend... Take care, Melanie

Go to your physician. If there is nothing major wrong then I suggest you find an Asian Bodywork Therapist and/or Clinical Qigong Therapist. www.aobta.org www.nqa.org

Sign in to follow this