Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

Heart Center / Chakra / Middle Dan Tien

What are the symptoms of having a heart center blockage? is that the same as your heart chakra, and/or middle dan tien? Reason I ask is because I was at my new job today, it was very quiet, nothing in particular going on, nothing bad, and I just started to feel extreme greif/sadness/dispair/hoplessnes, it was horrible, and I don't really know why? If I have been running my MCO more often could that have something to do with it? Could it be the sign of a blockage being cleared, or of just a blockage?

What are the symptoms of having a heart center blockage? is that the same as your heart chakra, and/or middle dan tien? Reason I ask is because I was at my new job today, it was very quiet, nothing in particular going on, nothing bad, and I just started to feel extreme greif/sadness/dispair/hoplessnes, it was horrible, and I don't really know why? If I have been running my MCO more often could that have something to do with it? Could it be the sign of a blockage being cleared, or of just a blockage?

I would say just relax and let go. You are doing fine. Keep up your practice, keep it simple and accept some "symptoms" as part of the healing. If this kind of grief /other prob becomes more chronic then you should turn to a Qigong teacher or TCM/ayurvedic doctor for advice.

edit: You don't really even need this information you are asking for. Who cares where the blockage is? Just let problems dissolve, wherever they may reside. You might feel it in your heart but all organs are connected.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

If you suddenly out of the blue have very odd and obsessive thoughts isn't that a sign of a heart meridian disorder? Especially if you can not sleep and feel reved up on the inside?

If you suddenly out of the blue have very odd and obsessive thoughts isn't that a sign of a heart meridian disorder? Especially if you can not sleep and feel reved up on the inside?

Yeah it could be..

But let's say hypothetically you somehow find the definite answer YES. What do you do then? Focus on opening the heart meridian? OK. That could open it and solve the problem. OR it could overheat your heart and cause more imbalance because there may be other blockages contributing to the problem. So focus on healing your whole body, mind and spirit. Gentle MCO, inner smile and simple Qigong might help.

OR if you're more troubled about it, or suspect something more severe, consult a professional. But it is probably not wise to take specific recommendations from Taobums, no matter how wise they would seem, for a problem that possibly isn't what you or they think it may be.

I think for someone who is practicing energy work, if you feel strong emotions it means that a blockage is being opened. If you process the emotions (like, by breathing), it turns into pure flow and a more open heart, as well as body...more connection with all things. If they are unprocessed, life will be hell (where I'm at today :) ).

Also, there's a quote I have in my personal practice area which says something akin to...if you neglect the mind and spirit, only working on the body, your energy will destroy you.

At least personally I can attest to this...your emotions become greatly amplified at times, and without an effective way to release, it's...not good!

Edited by Scotty

I had a very ...er.."interesting" weekend. Late last week I just had this intuitive feeling that I needed to do Middle Dan Tien breathing. I have no idea why I had this feeling, but I did. Usually in my Qigong practice this is the most ignored Dan Tien. So for the last couple days of last week I focused on my middle dan tien while deep breathing and also did the Big Draw to that area as well. Well this past weekend I was an emotional wreck. I almost never cry, but I was a basket case last weeekend. I felts soooo emotional on Saturday, and was weepeing, and sad beyond description, yet at the same time I was thinking about my children and felt as though I had never loved them more. (This is all very out of character for me). On Sunday and today I litterally felt ill. I felt sick and could not really stand up with out feeling dizzy and almost blacking out, and felt nauseous. I'm not 100% sure if it is connected, but it would not suprise me if it were somehow connected.

Dizziness is a very bad sign. If it were me personally I'd take some time away from what I was practicing. Focus more on lower body stuff...maybe just walking while feeling the sensations in the feet. Putting my hands on my belly.

If you start to feel yourself getting sick you can breathe in your nose and out of your mouth. Some people who practice breathing do this a few times after each session, to "get rid of impurities" which are caused by the practice.

Best of luck to you in recovering from whatever occurred.

I would seriously consider dropping Big Draw and others dealing with (stimulated) sexual energy. It's too intense! A few years or more of gentle practice with focus on relaxing and disciplining the mind as well as balancing and refining your qi will eventually prepare you for whatever you want to proceed with.

I found this site http://www.namastecafe.com/edu/symptoms.htm , and I have noticed that I am experiencing a lot of those symptoms as I have begun to focus on my Middle Dan Tien/ Heart Center. I still do not really understand what this area does/is/is for, but I seem to be experiencing a lot of those same symptoms nevertheless. Now I do not think that this is any sort of enlightenment, but rather I feel that it is the opening and healing of something previously closed and blocked (at least that is my assesement). Anyone else have any experience with these symptoms and/or the heart center/middle dan tien?

Actually today I had an experience that was the exact opposite of fireworks exploding. I felt unusually lonely today for what ever reason. On a hunch I began to do the heart healing sound and inner smile. I was breathing out that lonely feeling (kind of like on Top Gun) but the odd thing was, the "lonely" energy that came out of my heart felt like "anti-matter". It did not feel like something but rather the opposite of anything, almost like a black hole. As I was breathing out this energy it had a very imploding collapsing feeling, very odd. At the same time as I was breathing out this anti-matter feeling stuff, I was breathing in intimacy as I believe that is what a heart lacks with it feels lonely. Yet as opposed to seeking intimacy from another human being this technique seemed to have me connnect to intimacy within. It was rather unusual, and difficult to put into words.

I just woke up this morning and I had this dream that I feel gave me an important insight. There is the heart center which lies in the Middle Dan Tien, and the sexual center which is closer to the domain of the Lower Dan Tien.

It has been my observation that people with blocked heart centers tend to be more focused on sex, while people who have blocked sexual centers seem to be more focused on the emotional aspect of relationships.

Think of it as a PVC pipe with water flowing through it. Now lets say I drilled two holes in this pipe. As long as both holes are clean water is going to flow out of both holes more or less equally. Now lets say that one hole becomes clogged or blocked. This will have the effect of raising the water pressure in the remaining hole.

So lets say one has their heart center blocked. Then that would seem to indicate that more pressure would tend to flow out of the sexaul center. Now it would seem that for what ever reason that a lot of men (and of course some women too) tend to be more straight foward "mission minded" less emotional in regards to sex as compared to women. Women on the other hand tend to be a little more problematic when it comes to achieving an orgasm than men (and usually are more sexually hesitant), but also seem to emphasise the emotional component of a relation ship then men.

This would suggest to me that in general men have more problems with blockages in their heart center, and women have more problems with blockages in their sexual center (and yes I know there are always exceptions). The man with a blockage in the heart center would have more pressure trying to escape their sexual center, and vice versa with the woman. It is easy to see how this would not only create a great deal of internal frustration (sex obsessed man, emotional woman) but inter-relationship issues as well. To the woman the man would seem to not care enough about issues of the heart, and to the man it would seem hard to get into the womans pants.

In my observations on homosexual couples, women who have become lesbians often tell me that their relationships with women are much more soft and tender than with men. Homosexual men seem to be highly promiscuous changing partners often. This behavior tends to reinforce my theory on where blockages tend to predominate in the various genders.

A third category might be the serious scholar / nerd who might be blocked in both the lower centers and only open in the Upper Dan Tien, the kind of person who seems uninterested in either sex or emotional relationships, but only in study and contemplation.

So then I suppose that the idea state is of course to have all areas unblocked so that in all aspects of life we remiain well blanaced. Yet if in a certain aspect of life we do seem to be unblanaced, then understanding why we have such an imbalance is likely the first set in finding a solution to that imbalance.

Ok so today I put this into practice as I'm not one to just rely on theory alone. I spent several hours today working on my heart center area, heart, and lungs (all middle tan tien territory). I did the inner smile and healing sounds for the organs in that area a very long time. Then as I was out and about today I noticed that my out look on the female gender was different. My views of and about them felt a bit more honorable today than usual (usual being my x-ray vision kicks in, their clothes desinigrate before my very eyes, and the imagination goes to work). It did seem that the energy in my heart area was less constricted so that I was able to feel more compassion for them, rather than to just want to feel them :P. They seemed more like someones sister, daughter, ect.. as opposed to (me love you long time). Likewise I felt less pressure in the lower areas, so perhaps with more energy moving through the heart area maybe the pressure in the lower areas was indeed lessened a bit. On the other hand I did feel a bit more emotional (not to the point of crying over soap operas and eating bon bons on the sofa) but more emotional nevertheless. I'll continue this tomorrow and see what happens.

I just woke up this morning and I had this dream that I feel gave me an important insight. There is the heart center which lies in the Middle Dan Tien, and the sexual center which is closer to the domain of the Lower Dan Tien.

It has been my observation that people with blocked heart centers tend to be more focused on sex, while people who have blocked sexual centers seem to be more focused on the emotional aspect of relationships.

Think of it as a PVC pipe with water flowing through it. Now lets say I drilled two holes in this pipe. As long as both holes are clean water is going to flow out of both holes more or less equally. Now lets say that one hole becomes clogged or blocked. This will have the effect of raising the water pressure in the remaining hole.

So lets say one has their heart center blocked. Then that would seem to indicate that more pressure would tend to flow out of the sexaul center. Now it would seem that for what ever reason that a lot of men (and of course some women too) tend to be more straight foward "mission minded" less emotional in regards to sex as compared to women. Women on the other hand tend to be a little more problematic when it comes to achieving an orgasm than men (and usually are more sexually hesitant), but also seem to emphasise the emotional component of a relation ship then men.

This would suggest to me that in general men have more problems with blockages in their heart center, and women have more problems with blockages in their sexual center (and yes I know there are always exceptions). The man with a blockage in the heart center would have more pressure trying to escape their sexual center, and vice versa with the woman. It is easy to see how this would not only create a great deal of internal frustration (sex obsessed man, emotional woman) but inter-relationship issues as well. To the woman the man would seem to not care enough about issues of the heart, and to the man it would seem hard to get into the womans pants.

In my observations on homosexual couples, women who have become lesbians often tell me that their relationships with women are much more soft and tender than with men. Homosexual men seem to be highly promiscuous changing partners often. This behavior tends to reinforce my theory on where blockages tend to predominate in the various genders.

A third category might be the serious scholar / nerd who might be blocked in both the lower centers and only open in the Upper Dan Tien, the kind of person who seems uninterested in either sex or emotional relationships, but only in study and contemplation.

So then I suppose that the idea state is of course to have all areas unblocked so that in all aspects of life we remiain well blanaced. Yet if in a certain aspect of life we do seem to be unblanaced, then understanding why we have such an imbalance is likely the first set in finding a solution to that imbalance.

Yes, VERY interesting theory... Good thinking, man!

I think I need to work on opening my heart & lungs right now, myself...

My continuing adventures with my dan tiens. My first problem and goal was to deal with my physical sex drive which had been rather excessive. So I began doing the cold draw (testicle breathing) to bring the energy to or near my lower dan tien (mainly just as a means of getting it away from my sex organs to help calm me down). For this goal, it was highly sucessful, but to my supprise the issue did not fade away as simply as I thought it would.

The next issue became a more emotional one. Dealing with loneliness, love, ect... became my next issue. Granted it did not have the same feel to it as raw physical desire, but a quality all its own which was just as distracting yet different. So I began to do the cold draw to my middle dan tien, which once again helped with this issue as now the emotional aspect was getting "fuel".

Again supprisingly to me the issue sort of morphed again. Now it was not physical desire, or emotional attachment, but unusual mental activity. This came in the form of odd fantasies and imaginations which did not have a physical desire, nor an emotional attachment, but were nevertheless extremely distracting. So next the cold draw wen to the upper dan tien, which is the point I'm at now.

I can't say for certain yet what all this means, but its definately more than I expected when I began dealing with this issue, which at the time I took for mainly a physical one. Its been like each dan tien is jealous for its own share/attention of jing, and won't give me a break until I get the message.

Weird...

Sign in to follow this