LaoTzu21

80 10 10 diet

i first came across the 80 10 10 diet when i was researching frank zappas band member robert martin. who is an avid health fanatic. he recommended the 80 10 10 diet and said this will increase anyones energy to new heights. i then researched a few youtube diaries of them taking this diet and all seem to be more vibrant and full of energy. basically what it is is a raw vegan diet. i was wondeirng if anyone can shed more light on this subject. as im curious to try it to solve my i.b.s problems im currently at my wits end with it and i want to do anything within my power to manage it better.

Edited by LaoTzu21

Hi LaoTzu21,

I'm pretty sure that this particular diet was developed by a Dr. Douglas Graham, who lives (or used to anyway) in the Florida Keys. I've read some criticism of it, because it consists mainly of fruit. This would mean a very large intake of sugar (albeit natural sugar) on a daily basis, which could cause problems for some people. However, some people seem to do well on it. Graham appears to look quite healthy himself in pictures.

I've met a number of raw foodists in the past six months, and all of them looked great. Some were students in the health educators program at the Hippocrates Institute which is in West Palm Beach, Florida. The others were some guys from Trinidad who had been eating raw for many years, and were raw foods chefs. They both really looked 20 years younger than their age. All of these people stressed green vegetables though, and not too much fruit. I'm becoming tempted to try this myself, at least as a trial.

One thing that you might want to investigate since you have digestive issues, is the idea of green smoothies. These combine greens with some fruit in a high powered blender (like Blend Tec or Vitamix)to really break everything down very finely. There are a few books out about these now. The one by Victoria Boutenko is pretty good. Good luck.

raw vegan diet

This is quite an imposition on how one would acquire food in their locale to survive and thrive, particularly with the arriving winter. It could be done if you were heavily into jarring and preserving. Potatoes, tubers, cabbage, beets, celery root, turnips, pumpkins, squash and corn, just to name a few, are just not that appetizing eaten raw and a bit hard on the tummy. Other than light cooking methods you would have to jar these for quite some time to make them comfortably edible and they are just too nutritionally important not to eat.

Then when you have four months with just about zero sunlight where do you get your Vitamin A and D? Particularly considering that carotene or pro-Vitamin A from plants is not the same as Vitamin A from animal foods and your children will get rickets as the carotene does not do the job sufficiently.

And without sun on your skin for vitamin D, a hormone, you can get winter depressions unless you acquire it from an animal source or use therapy lights to expose yourself on a regular basis.

If you live close to the equator where vegetation and sun abounds all year round, then you have less to consider.

Edited by metal dog

I'm pretty sure that this particular diet was developed by a Dr. Douglas Graham, who lives (or used to anyway) in the Florida Keys. I've read some criticism of it, because it consists mainly of fruit. This would mean a very large intake of sugar (albeit natural sugar) on a daily basis, which could cause problems for some people. However, some people seem to do well on it. Graham appears to look quite healthy himself in pictures.

Many complications can develop by becoming a fruitarian. One should definitely clean oneself out thoroughly with a good cleanse and colonic irrigation and get the system as congestion and toxin free as possible. The internal flora should be pristine.

But still, depending on body and constitution type, I can see many having a problem with this eventually after a year, or two, or three. One would have to model after successful practitioners and monitor their health over the long term to avoid any problems.

I've met a number of raw foodists in the past six months, and all of them looked great. Some were students in the health educators program at the Hippocrates Institute which is in West Palm Beach, Florida. The others were some guys from Trinidad who had been eating raw for many years, and were raw foods chefs. They both really looked 20 years younger than their age. All of these people stressed green vegetables though, and not too much fruit. I'm becoming tempted to try this myself, at least as a trial.

I have been to the Hippocrates Institutes as Fort Lauderdale is my home town and I used to live and attend the Upledger Institute in West Palm. The place has a good reputation and a good staff last time I checked which was over ten years ago. If I were to go raw and vegan I would agree minimal fruit and more vegetable emphasis, particularly greens. But many people, on a typical diet, don't have enough HCL production in their stomach or a clean system to adequately break down and do this type of thing. Preparations may have to be made to be comfortable with such a transition. Should you have a physical job, work out, have stress or any number of possible drains on your reserves then you may, every once in a while, consider some good quality light protein like homemade fresh organic whey or organic free-range soft boiled or poached in water egg. This is in case your individual needs for some protein begins to become evident if you experience weakness over the long term eating raw and vegan. If your body needs it, it will suck up these amino acids and you will very quickly feel any weakness subside. My life is very physical and I was a vegan with 80% raw for three years. Did a lot of preparation and health maintenance during that time, but found that I had to eat some whey or egg twice a week to actually feel my best. It took 18 months eating vegan before my energy began to diminish and I had been eating quite balanced and under professional supervision.

One thing that you might want to investigate since you have digestive issues, is the idea of green smoothies. These combine greens with some fruit in a high powered blender (like Blend Tec or Vitamix)to really break everything down very finely. There are a few books out about these now. The one by Victoria Boutenko is pretty good. Good luck.

Good advice. The greens, with their chlorophyll, are extremely healthy and my teacher recommends greens for internal energy practices. But I prefer a unit that actually takes out the pulp and gives me just juice. And then I can get my fiber by eating the whole product in addition.

Throw in some good quality bee pollen and Spirulina and you have something quite potent.

Of all the supplements or superfoods I have taken I would say that a glass of fresh vegetable juice (with maybe an apple to sweeten it) with green juices, some bee pollen and some spirulina (along with some other special things) is the one supplement that actually "FEELS" like it gives me energy and pep. No doubt about it.

Edited by metal dog

my main point is that doing this diet must be better than the diet of ready meals that im currently on i just want something that will work for me and give me the most energy naturally. i thought that this could be the answer. especially now when ive started fasting and i can taste teh difference and feel the difference when eating processed foods.

Another fad diet being generated in the West and its enormous wisdom. :lol:

Sure that diet is the best to screw up big time the fragile and deep relationship between the stomach and the spleen.

Read, re-read, digest, memorise and apply the informnation given in this wise webpage:

http://www.itmonline.org/5organs/spleen.htm

Remember, the spleen is like the cooking pot and the stomach is the fire. What happens if you are constantly tossing water (raw veggies, raw food) on top of fire?

5 Elements Theory: water controls fire. It's a controlling cycle and we don't want that because it is not harmonious. It throws us out of balance. We want to constantly follow the generating cycle in our decisions because they are harmonious and in turn Qi flows smoothly.

Summing up,

I wouldn't touch that diet with a 10 m pole. :lol:

Edited: typo.

There's a few problems with all of this. First problem is that there's more than one way to create "heat". For example instead of cooking food you can add spices like ginger, cayenne, garlic or pepper to increase internal heat. The biggest and most effective way, however, if flipping EXERCISE. On the Raw diet such energy is released that if you don't circulate it through exercise then it will stagnate and you will get weak and lethargic. I know, I FELT it getting "stuck" any day I didn't exercise. And i'm not talking about any baby crap, I went from sedentary to jogging 5-10 miles a day and hitting the punching bag for 2 hours a day. This is very unlike modern culture to exercise this much but it's what it necessary to handle such a drastic increase in energy.

Second problem is that we're still using metaphors. We have science now people, it's okay :P. Saying stuff about boiling pot and pouring water on top of fire doesn't prove dick. Fruit has been proven to be one of the most easily digested substances and only enhances digestion. Studies have been done on raw vegans with varying results based on how they do it. One thing noticed is that for MOST raw vegans the digestive system gets cleaned and enhanced. By focusing on fruits and sprouts, juicing greens with heavy plant fibers and soaking nuts and maybe even making "nutmilks" digestion is enhanced. Another GREAT way to make it work is by using fermented foods. Take sum cabbage, carrot, and ginger and make sum raw sauerkraut . By fermenting it you allow a growth of pro-biotic and increase it's digestibility and assimilation. Plus we have the whole overlooked science of enzymes which no-one has touched on yet. The idea of enzymes sounds very much like pre-natal chi, you start out only with so much and when you run out your body shuts down. heating food over 115oF destroys most enzymes. Protein as well seems to get denatured making much less of it actually usable by the body. Probably why there's so many successful raw vegan body builders out there, cause they're using clean protein.

Another problem I have is some of the people you're quoting and what they're saying. For example this quote...

The spleen and stomach cannot do this by themselves. When fire is in a state of excess, the spleen and stomach will be dry; when water is in a state of excess, the spleen and stomach will be damp. Either situation will cause the hundred diseases to arise.

The main thing that people do the raw diet for is healing...and thats what it does, it keeps disease away, so obviously something is being done correctly.

Once in the stomach, the food gets "steamed" under the influence of stomach qi

If this is true then there's no need to cook food the stomach does it for us. And even if we decide to aid the stomach...how hot do you think it gets? internal temp of most people is 98.6oF so maybe cooking at 100 degrees would work, but cooking 2-3-400 degrees? After that you're not longer eating the same food your eating a denatured product that your body will most likely recognize as "foreign". Not only that but there are some nutrients that are not heat stable. Vitamin C and Omega-3s are two of the most important nutrients, and you'll find none of them in ANY cooked food, unless they decide to add a synthetic version to the "waste" they've created.

Also you have to keep in mind the culture of the times. All organized societies say to cook your food, there hasn't been a movement and heavy study into raw foods until today (at least not one documented). Plus one has to consider the discomfort of switching from cooked to raw foods. The discomfort of all of that energy. Cooking food could be labeled an addiction because it's not needed but it's very hard to stop doing. Keeping in mind that many Qigong masters are still just as human as us it's very likely that they simply made this "science" around the idea of cooking food instead of contrasting it. Many yogis live on a mainly raw food diet, not the modern ones in the US, or the bullshit gurus scattered all over the place, but the ones who truly seeks mastery of themselves, and shun pleasure for freedom. My ayurvedic doctor told me of her guru who was now like 115 or so and she said all he eats is a few pieces of fruit and sum raw milk.

Lastly, going back to the enzyme issue. Raw foods contain active enzymes that help break down food. When these enzymes are present the spleen doesn't have to make as many enzymes so the burden is less. However when you cook your food the enzymes are destroyed and your spleen has to work harder creating enzymes to break down food. If you eat too much cooked food your body will take metabolic enzymes and transform them into digestive enzymes to break down of the "food" on pumps themself with. So eating cooked food too often can result in a slowing or ceasing into metabolic function. Eating raw foods is superior in the health of the spleen and allows it to function optimally long term. This is science, not some kind of metaphoric aestheticism.

Metal dog- You're right that alot of people fail on this diet because they view it more as an "aesthetics" kind of thing rather than a science of eating. They think, " oh well anything that mother nature provides in it's natural raw state is good for eating" then they go and eat some poison ivy O.o Fruitarianism is VERY hard to make work in today's time due to the degrading soil and the lack of nutrition in modern fruits. Once upon a time they used to be much more nutritious, just look at the 'goji' berries of Tibet. They haven't been disturbed and mass produced and they have a complete protein, omega 3s, minerals vitamins, etc. Just this tiny little berry. So I would agree that it's hard to do.

Sprouts honestly seem to be the answer. Sprouting seeds like pumpkin seeds, flax and chia seeds, etc provide the right fats and proteins for those with a thinner constitution (like myself) and using fermented foods (especially adding ginger to those foods) you can increase digestion and assimilation. Vegetables like brocolli, carrots, etc with hard plant fibers are the things that need a strong digestion to handle. Most of these suggest juicing. in fact even chimps juice vegetables, but they just chew it, swallow the juice and spit out the fiber.

Also Re- protein. It's VERY easy to get all the protein you need. However symptoms of fatigue are not unique to protein deficiency. It also goes along with with withdrawl symptoms ;)

EDIT: Also re-sprouts, You can sprout things in water with synthetic minerals or sea salt to increase it's mineral content :) Do this over generations of plants and you'll get an effect similar to the Tibetan goji berry.

EDIT2: Second that green juice smoothies. I'm going on a green juice fast when I get a job to support it.

LT2- Fasting is indeed a powerful thing. It sensitizes you to everything like you would not believe. Just goes to show how much of an impact food has on our consciousness.

Edited by Astral_Anima

I like all your points made Astral_Anima.

It is quite doable with those considerations taken to mind.

my main point is that doing this diet must be better than the diet of ready meals that im currently on i just want something that will work for me and give me the most energy naturally. i thought that this could be the answer. especially now when ive started fasting and i can taste teh difference and feel the difference when eating processed foods.

Yes. This is a good change.

But if you are used to eating a large amount of processed foods and cooked, then the transition to not only a vegan, but a raw diet could be a bit of strain on the system. And one can begin to detox and feel sickly if the transition is too much to quick, as fruits and veggies that are raw will cause cleansing and cleansing reactions. But I would support anyone's efforts to choose health for themselves and it seems you are making good considerations.

Many people have eaten a refined cooked diet for so long they may need to be aware of themselves during this change.

I am back to eating animal foods, but within limits.

Good quality homemade whey from unpasteurized goat or cow milk is my first choice of animal food. Full of enzymes and one of the most assimilated forms of protein in existence. I use this in all my fermented recipes instead of salt or vinegar. Lacto-fermentation is the way to go with the whey.

Some raw milk or cream from time to time, but not much.

Good quality butter from healthy pastured cows eating green grass.

Good eggs lightly cooked and left slightly soft or runny.

(which at this point would make me a lacto-ovo vegetarian)

I can subsist on this but I choose to also eat small natural supplements of organ meats, bone broths and some animal flesh...lightly cooked is best...and in some instances...raw, but having been frozen for two weeks to kill off parasites. Fish really agrees with me and so does shrimp and king crab. (whereas I would have denounced these shellfish in the past...other shellfish I avoid)

Something that has huge amounts of Vitamin A is eel. Japanese and the Dutch eat it. Fish roe is another good source.

All my beef consumption is never over 4oz. portion and raw, sometimes seared on each side for sixty seconds for a change of flavor but quite red in the middle. And I don't eat this serving of beef more than twice a month. It is usually a side dish to a veggie and brown rice or noodle stir fry. But I may go three months without eating it. My body tells me when to do so. But bone broths are better because of the minerals, colloids and gelatin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_G._Bieler

In support of vegetarianism...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Ehret

I don't have five stomachs and I don't have fangs with an incredible amount of HCL and a twelve foot digestive tract. I am somewhere in the middle, but realize that most animal food eaters are way beyond moderation.

And many here have reminded me that energetic practice and spiritual pursuits may be enhanced by cutting back or abstaining from animal foods.

Edited by metal dog

It is interesting...so yes please.

But perhaps use some discernment before leaping into the 5th dimension...

Wiley Brooks

Wiley Brooks is founder of the Breatharian Institute of America. He was first introduced to the public in 1980 when appearing on the TV show That's Incredible!.[19] Brooks stopped teaching recently to "devote 100% of his time on solving the problem as to why he needed to eat some type of food to keep his physical body alive and allow his light body to manifest completely."[20] Brooks believes to have found "four major deterrents" which prevented him from living without food: "people pollution", "food pollution", "air pollution" and "electro pollution".

In 1983 he was allegedly observed leaving a Santa Cruz 7-Eleven with a Slurpee, hot dog and Twinkies. He told Colors magazine in 2003 that he periodically breaks his fasting with a cheeseburger and a cola, explaining that when he's surrounded by junk culture and junk food, consuming them adds balance.

On his website, Brooks states that his potential followers must first prepare by combining the junk food diet with the meditative incantation of five magic "fifth-dimensional" words which appear on his website. In the "5D Q&A" section of his website Brooks explains that cows are fifth-dimensional (or higher) beings that help mankind achieve fifth-dimensional status by converting three-dimensional food to five-dimensional food (beef). The "Holy Cows" section of the site includes a picture of cows with glowing eyes so that readers can sense the energy of the picture. In the "Question and Answer" section of his website, Brooks explains that the "Double Quarter-Pounder with Cheese" meal from McDonald's possesses a special "base frequency" and that he thus recommends it as occasional food for beginning breatharians. He then goes on to reveal that Diet Coke is "liquid light".[26] Prospective disciples are asked after some time following the junk food/magic word preparation to revisit his website in order to test if they can feel the magic.

Brooks states that he may be contacted on his fifth-dimensional phone in order to get the correct pronunciation of the five magic words. In case the line is busy, prospective recruits are asked to meditate on the five magic words for a few minutes, and then try calling again;[24] he does not explain how anyone can meditate with words they cannot yet pronounce. Brooks's institute charged varying fees to prospective clients who wished to learn how to live without food, which ranged from US$15 million to US$25 million. A payment plan was also offered. These charges had typically been presented as limited time offers exclusively for billionaires. New lower fees have been set to US$100,000 with an initial deposit of US$10,000.

I am in the wrong line of work....and I would only really need one client at those original prices to never work again...cash up front of course. Email me...I think I can work out a deal with you.

I am in the wrong line of work....and I would only really need one client at those original prices to never work again...cash up front of course. Email me...I think I can work out a deal with you.

I have always loved the double quarter-pounder with meat and cheese only; not because of it's 5th dimensional status, but because it's unbelievably tasty. It is, in itself, literally to die for.

I don't eat them often though, too expensive for a regular diet.

Edited by Ohm-Nei

BAHAHAHA omg Wiley F%^&ing Brooks. This guy who prefers payments in 100% pure gold and tells us eating McDonalds and diet coke is the "breatharian" diet. However the 5 "names of God" i've heard elsewhere.

godsdirectcontact.com http://www.santmat.net/

Both of these (definately the first, maybe the second too) use the 5 names in chanting. They also teach meditation on the "light and sound", something that happens naturally out of daoist alchemy. So there may be sum truth in that. The BEST lies are 90% truth, because were they not believable, who would receive them?

Also I agree with the use of unpasteurized milk. I did a "fast" (it was too easy to really call a fast) on raw milk drinking 2 quarts a day. Got some REALLY strong healing reactions, especially of the nerves. Also egg yolks are apparently really good for cleansing the liver. The high fat causes the liver to expel bile and with it, expel all of the fat/soluble toxins stored in the liver. The cholesterol and lecithin gives the body the raw ingredients needed to make more bile so the old toxin filled bile can be expelled instead of reabsorbed.

I would wonder how a green juice and raw milk fast would go. Both are aimed at cleansing the blood. As far as I know it would supply everything the body would need fats, HIGH quality proteins, minerals, vitamins, probiotics, chlorophyll, enzymes, structured water, etc. and it would also be rather easy to follow due to the raw milk. When I drink raw milk it never feels like I need anything else...but then again it could be due to the opioid peptides. I know Gandhi couldn't give up milk. his health "deteriorated" every time he tried :P

BAHAHAHA omg Wiley F%^&ing Brooks. This guy who prefers payments in 100% pure gold and tells us eating McDonalds and diet coke is the "breatharian" diet. However the 5 "names of God" i've heard elsewhere.

godsdirectcontact.com http://www.santmat.net/

Both of these (definately the first, maybe the second too) use the 5 names in chanting. They also teach meditation on the "light and sound", something that happens naturally out of daoist alchemy. So there may be sum truth in that. The BEST lies are 90% truth, because were they not believable, who would receive them?

Also I agree with the use of unpasteurized milk. I did a "fast" (it was too easy to really call a fast) on raw milk drinking 2 quarts a day. Got some REALLY strong healing reactions, especially of the nerves. Also egg yolks are apparently really good for cleansing the liver. The high fat causes the liver to expel bile and with it, expel all of the fat/soluble toxins stored in the liver. The cholesterol and lecithin gives the body the raw ingredients needed to make more bile so the old toxin filled bile can be expelled instead of reabsorbed.

I would wonder how a green juice and raw milk fast would go. Both are aimed at cleansing the blood. As far as I know it would supply everything the body would need fats, HIGH quality proteins, minerals, vitamins, probiotics, chlorophyll, enzymes, structured water, etc. and it would also be rather easy to follow due to the raw milk. When I drink raw milk it never feels like I need anything else...but then again it could be due to the opioid peptides. I know Gandhi couldn't give up milk. his health "deteriorated" every time he tried :P

in this book it states the protiens are coming from the natural enzyems and amino acids before actual induced protein is far more healthier than having high protien for muscle devlopment. its basically stating that the need for a high protein diet is a common misconception. it apprently according to the studies in this book is the leading cause for heart problems and cancer. the main premise of this book is to eat like chimpanzees do. and the way we would eat if we kept a hold on nature. the book also states that we have been only cooking foods and eating animals for the past 10,000 years where as the other 990,000 years we survived on natural based fruit, nut and leaves. another thing it says about cooking foods is that the added heat from the process of cooking food adds toxins to the food that is not needed because the body cant absorb the true neutirents of what the food was in the first place. its like having a barbeque and putting red peppers on there and u see that black bit. thats the posions that youll be adding into the body. so says robert martin.

in this book it states the protiens are coming from the natural enzyems and amino acids before actual induced protein is far more healthier than having high protien for muscle devlopment. its basically stating that the need for a high protein diet is a common misconception. it apprently according to the studies in this book is the leading cause for heart problems and cancer. the main premise of this book is to eat like chimpanzees do. and the way we would eat if we kept a hold on nature. the book also states that we have been only cooking foods and eating animals for the past 10,000 years where as the other 990,000 years we survived on natural based fruit, nut and leaves. another thing it says about cooking foods is that the added heat from the process of cooking food adds toxins to the food that is not needed because the body cant absorb the true neutirents of what the food was in the first place. its like having a barbeque and putting red peppers on there and u see that black bit. thats the posions that youll be adding into the body. so says robert martin.

You're right there's much controversy because of how big the protein molecules are in milk. However studies seem to suggest it's only a problem with pasteurized milk. While I agree milk is not necessary it certainly shouldn't be ruled out. Even the ancient essenes would use fermented dairy in healing. Also you're right about muscle development. Two websites to prove my point...

thgardendiet.com

http://www.thefirstsupper.com/

You definately don't need alot protein to build muscle. In fact on the "increasing jing" post it would suggest that it's the zinc/copper or the testosterone levels that build muscle. The argument for milk seems to be more for the nerves and blood. They say when a cow is grassfed it takes that chlorophyll and uses it to make high quality milk. It's known as "white blood" because it has very healing effect on the blood, just like chlorophyll.

Personally I don't drink it now because i'm trying to get to a "breatharian" or "bigu" state, but I think raw milk play an important part of the transition to/maintenance of the raw diet. It' much easier to stay raw when supplemented with milk because of it's effect on the nerves. It's very calming. (could also have to do with the high Vit D and serotonin).

-Astral

EDIT: Also re-cancer, from my own study of this subject I think cancer has to do with just a surplus of toxins in general. One lady who had a tumor removed from her bowel(?) found that it had dead brain tissue and other strange chemicals in it. Tumors seem to be the body's final attempt at isolating and controlling all of the toxins in the system. Probably why tumors shrink on raw diets and fasts ;)

Edited by Astral_Anima

I am eating similar to 80/10/10 ,mostly fruit for 3 years.Just you must feel for it.

Like ,this way must feel very inspirational .Or life makes you eat this kind of food in some way.

I am sure many people would say that this is imposiblle ,and all the friuts and fruit sugar from it will invite the aliens to eat the jang from your eyelashes and you will get ill and protein and b12 and etc...From expirience body is such an amazing machine capable of so much if we just leave her alone .

For me this is the only suitable food right now.

Just to let warn you after some time body doesent want to eat cooked or oil ,salt,it gears up diferentlly.But mind might want to,so some problem might occure if you want to start eating cooked again.

Otherwise expiriment.

Its worth you while try and read some negative stories so you can feel if it is still atracctive for you.

Oh and Astral is right excerise is must,and it feels so good.Just running outdoors in a park is like an extacsy,i crave it.

Another fad diet being generated in the West and its enormous wisdom. :lol:

Sure that diet is the best to screw up big time the fragile and deep relationship between the stomach and the spleen.

Read, re-read, digest, memorise and apply the informnation given in this wise webpage:

http://www.itmonline.org/5organs/spleen.htm

As much as I respect Chinese medicine..... c'mon. You just base all that information off of centuries old texts, not your actual experience. All the empirical evidence today, like all the vegans I've met who have tons of energy and are extremely healthy, show that the opposite is true. Raw diet seems to be quiet excellent for the body.

It seems to me that there are two views on this subject. Those "diet experts" who are against a raw diet just rely on old information and have never tried it for themselves. Those who are for it have tried it and know the benefits first hand.

In my view, it's dogma vs experience.

Oh yes those pesky vitamins, minerals and science, they always get in the way of unfounded thought don't they. And FASTING, hooooboy what a foolish western concept. I mean sure it's cured people THOUSANDS of times of almost every "uncurable" disease, but it just takes so much willpower and who wants to step out of their comfort zone when they can bash something they've never tried based on no sound logic :P

If fact for all of those sailors that had scurvvy, they didn't need vit C, they needed acupuncture and cooked food :P

Anemia? Nahhh, you don't need iron or B12 u need more "fire" food of the sweet, and salty flavours. Cancer? Don't worry about what you're eating it MUST be an energetic thing that has NOTHING to do with diet. All those medical journals that link diet and disease are just those pesky westerners who blatently have everything wrong because of their geographic location...

Alright i'm done with the sarcasm. I respect TCM, it has a place, but not in optimal functioning(though it's knowledge of acu-points is great regardless of which diet one is on). Durkhrod, what i write is experience backed by THOUSANDS and proven by science. If you'd like to denouce the truth and live in your own fantasy world thats fine, but I suggest you refrain from writing nonsense.

What you feel as "Strong as an ox" is a rather subjective term, a 80lb overwieght guy can feel "strong as an ox" but the question is what is their ability. I went from a sedentary lifestyle to running 5-10 miles a day and getting at a punching bag 2 hours a day literally overnight. I wasn't comfortable to drop all of the foods that had no nutrition but had that sedative effect, but I found that being awake and aware was much nicer than being dulled and numb.

Discomfort isn't tolerated very well by most people, i understand, but thats how healing occurs. Change is uncomfortable to most, I can understand that and you may very well feel a disruption in your energy...so WAT. Why don't u stick it out and see where it goes instead of just backing out at the slightest sign of discomfort. The problem with the west is that we can't tolerate discomfort. We must have our warm gooey cooked foods, our hot showers, our warm blankets, we just LOVE SEDATION. However science as shown that while heat is good for relaxation, the opposite is also important. It's been proven that taking a cold shower right after a hot shower improves circulation and concentration. It's been shown that raw foods increase mental clarity, physical energy, and alertness (amoungst other things). One must step out of their comfort zone in order to experience optimal function, that is my personal theory. Whenever we get stuck in something we begin to rot mentally and physically.

So if your comforting habits keep you comfortable then thats fine, but don't try to talk trash on the ones who are giving up comfort temporarily to push through to a new level of existence/awareness. Whats that old chinese proverb?

"People who say it cannot be done should get out of the way of the people doing it" :D :D :D

-Astral

i think im sold on this diet ive done alot of research and it seems to be the be all and end all of optimal diets. and for those who dont know what 80 10 10 means it means 80% carbs 10% protien and 10% fat.

Edited by LaoTzu21

So if your comforting habits keep you comfortable then thats fine, but don't try to talk trash on the ones who are giving up comfort temporarily to push through to a new level of existence/awareness. Whats that old chinese proverb?

"People who say it cannot be done should get out of the way of the people doing it" :D :D :D

-Astral

Sure, but the day you start attending silent retreats meditating 24/7 with one meal a day which certainly will rise your awareness & existence to a new level, then come back and see whether you champion again your scientific approach to diet. :lol:

Honestly, are you spiritual at all?

Sure, but the day you start attending silent retreats meditating 24/7 with one meal a day which certainly will rise your awareness & existence to a new level, then come back and see whether you champion again your scientific approach to diet. :lol:

Honestly, are you spiritual at all?

off topic have a private convo please only contribute if its a valid education purpose not a slag match.

thank you.

but thats called a bigu fast its nothing to do with the 80 10 10 diet