Sunya

The end of seeking, suffering, and enlightenment

Great talk by Stephen Wingate, someone I've never heard of before, about how our true nature is beyond thoughts, judgements, feelings, and any ideas about enlightenment or suffering that we may have. How to attain peace and freedom, one must completely go beyond any ideas of attaining anything at all. Sounds contradictory but this very moment is all that is. Where is there to go? What is there to become? Who is becoming? I found the talk inspiring and wanted to pass it on.

http://www.blip.tv/file/2745396/

Well, I tried to watch but got bored.

But I will say this: Your words were inspiring and I am very much in agreement with what you said.

Thanks for sharing.

Peace & Love!

Some nice quotes here:

(23:03)

When the mind gives up - what's left?

Something is present and aware right now, that's always been present and aware.

You may start to notice that this presence of awareness is recognized as the peace, as the love and as the contentment that was being sought by the mind trying to avoid suffering and trying to seek enlightenment.

Avoiding suffering and seeking enlightenment, if you look into it, you may notice that what's really being sought is a sense of peace, a sense of love, a sense of contentment.

That's already, already here. And it's the ultimate simplicity, it's naturally-occurring.

So, this is it.

So what's left when everything is rejected as not true? What's left?

There's something left naturally, that's self-shining that every living being already is.

It was never born and will never die.